Usyk is a threat to Wilder & AJ fans...

Bellew sits back and counters very well watch against Haye. Which if these super heavyweights is going to fight like this?

Im just about done trying to explain how Bellew isnt some untalented bum, he too can hold his own at heavyweight.

His defense is his biggest flaw and as I said earlier that Wilder has been succesful, is his defense any better than Usyk?

If he were to fight any of the top 3 in 3 months its very likey he loses, lets wait and see how he transitions into the division
I agree Bellew was a decent Amateur and not really a brawler out but a very slick and powerful Boxer.

People hated on Wlad because he was a safety first fighter who took no risks. He made Floyd look like Ray Mancini.

Why do you think people hated Wlad?

Honestly, it wasnt particularly Wlad's fault. Every great fighter needs a great rival.

Wlad didnt really have that.

Vitali at least had Lennox.

Wladimir, despite his very rudimentary approach to boxing had a great KO percentage.

In my time I have seen cruiserweight champs Jirov, JC Gomez, Mormeck, Adamek, Toney, and Haye move up to HW. Only Haye officially won a HW title. If TS was watching boxing then do you recall how skeptical people were about guys moving up from 190lbs./200lbs. to HW...it's always going to be a question. It is a size question, not a race one.

I sure as hell didn't think Toney would beat Holyfield or that Haye would ever win a HW title. However Adamek couldn't deal with Vitali's size and reach never mind the fate that the other guys met at HW. Don't look for racial ugliness just because other people are skeptical of yet another cruiserweight champ moving up to HW just enjoy the ride and see if he become Mormeck or Holyfield.

In my time I have seen cruiserweight champs Jirov, JC Gomez, Mormeck, Adamek, Toney, and Haye move up to HW. Only Haye officially won a HW title. If TS was watching boxing then do you recall how skeptical people were about guys moving up from 190lbs./200lbs. to HW...it's always going to be a question. It is a size question, not a race one.

I sure as hell didn't think Toney would beat Holyfield or that Haye would ever win a HW title. However Adamek couldn't deal with Vitali's size and reach never mind the fate that the other guys met at HW. Don't look for racial ugliness just because other people are skeptical of yet another cruiserweight champ moving up to HW just enjoy the ride and see if he become Mormeck or Holyfield.
Seriously. Holyfield came up from CW and gave many of the best HWs from his era Ls or at least super close fights, but only time I remember him get completely obliterated by anyone was... Toney. Another guy who came up.

i also feel usyk is a bit overhyped
his physical attributes, such as long reach help him a lot in the cruiser division, more so than his actual skill
he's not particularly quick or powerful, nor is his footwork or head movement anything special, to get inside good heavyweights
like joshua who outreaches, dwarfs him

i also feel usyk is a bit overhyped
his physical attributes, such as long reach help him a lot in the cruiser division, more so than his actual skill
he's not particularly quick or powerful, nor is his footwork or head movement anything special, to get inside good heavyweights
like joshua who outreaches, dwarfs him
Literally everything in this post is wrong.

He could beat Wilder, but not Miller? Seriously? Miller is terrible.
Miller is a 300 lbs man with cardio for days. He is essentially superhuman. I only see him losing to Joshua.

We should be honest... particularly British boxing fans, you guys giving way too much credit to Bellew. So he beat Makabu who was a regional prospect at best and got a shot for a vacant spot with Bellew. Again Makabu who... who floored Bellew..

Then came one legged and inactive Haye, “ATG” Haye...

All of a sudden Bellew is “slick” and the best thing since Joe Calzaghe who beat old greats..

Don’t see why so many gravitate to Bellew. He performs the same way in every outing just like his bout against Stevenson and lost his biggest fight the same way he lost to Stevenson... another Southpaw.

It’s funny. Canelo would get criticized for going to do ropes, countering, sensational defense, basically levels above Bellew’s skill yet he was looked at as the antagonist...If Bellew fought like Canelo he could beat Usyk, but Bellew is not an A level fighter, never was, and Usyk carried him up to the 4th round

If TS was watching boxing then do you recall how skeptical people were about guys moving up from 190lbs./200lbs. to HW...it's always going to be a question. It is a size question, not a race one.

First off, I spoke of Jirov vs Toney plenty of times here.

Second, Usyk, Dorticos, and Gassiev tower over Toney, RJJ and even Holyfield. RJJ nor Toney were ever seasoned Cruiser+ builds to begin with.

Third, if I was watching boxing or you? You don’t see the size disparity between Gassiev and Usyk compared to James Toney? ....

He doesn't move his head and honestly seems to take about 5 rounds before he gets going in a fight. I just don't see how thats going to work for him at heavyweight.

The only thing he is doing against any of the top heavyweights is getting knocked the fuck out.

Simple as that.

The only thing he is doing against any of the top heavyweights is getting knocked the fuck out.

Simple as that.

Whom are the ''Top'' Heavyweights? Wilder, AJ and? USYK will already be TOP 10 when registering at Heavyweight. I say he gives Chisora, Whyte, Parker, problems. USYK is different in fights. He looked nothing like he did in the Breidis or Gassiev bouts when fighting Bellew. He was just headhunting Bellew all night and trolling, the same way Golovkin did to Brook. British fans swore that BROOK exposed Golovkin and was winning the rounds...

You're totally right about that, but I always found it weird how many Americans said exactly the same about both brothers, I always felt that Vitali wasn't getting the respect that he deserved from many of the American/anglophone fans.
Are you saying that Ukrainian fighters get less respect from American/English fans because they are white? Am I understanding correctly?

We should be honest... particularly British boxing fans, you guys giving way too much credit to Bellew. So he beat Makabu who was a regional prospect at best and got a shot for a vacant spot with Bellew. Again Makabu who... who floored Bellew..

Then came one legged and inactive Haye, “ATG” Haye...

All of a sudden Bellew is “slick” and the best thing since Joe Calzaghe who beat old greats..

Don’t see why so many gravitate to Bellew. He performs the same way in every outing just like his bout against Stevenson and lost his biggest fight the same way he lost to Stevenson... another Southpaw.

It’s funny. Canelo would get criticized for going to do ropes, countering, sensational defense, basically levels above Bellew’s skill yet he was looked at as the antagonist...If Bellew fought like Canelo he could beat Usyk, but Bellew is not an A level fighter, never was, and Usyk carried him up to the 4th round

Most British fans can’t stsnd bellew. Who exactly in here is giving him too much credit?

The guy won the wbc belt and defended it. He’s not a can and people seem to rate him about right in here. If anything he has been under rated for most of the last few years

Back