Valentina basically saying Grasso won by luck

She said something like “you can be winning every aspect of the fight and one wrong thing can lose you the fight.”

Not sure she was winning every aspect of that fight…. Seemed to be getting pieced up on the feet and had to wrestle to get the win.
Yep.
Its that arrogant attitude that will make us root hard for Grasso.
Well, that and Grasso makes us hard.

Meh. Can we all stop with the “Grasso was beating her up on the feet” shit.

She landed like 5 clean hard solid punches. Val was never in any trouble and landed several nice shots of her own. It was very even on the feet. Val clearly dominated the grappling and would’ve comfortably won if she didn’t do that dumb shit. And after she got grabbed her defense was terrible. Val looked unprepared and frankly poor based on the talent she has. And still was easily winning.

Shades of weidman rockhold where you make one dumb move and it’s a wrap. But that’s the sport. I’d favor her big in a rematch.

Hy shit there is a lot to unpack here. I think you might be just a bit biased. Or highly regarded.

I do wonder if Shevchenko's leg or knee was injured. She didn't say anything about it (as far as I know), but she had that awkward aborted shot near the end of the fight, and as soon as Grasso grabbed her after the missed kick, she just collapsed onto the ground. Plus, when she was standing she looked especially stiff, to the point of just standing flat-footed instead of staying light on her feet.

She did though. Valentina got caught and let's not forget about that stand up when Shevchenko was throwing haymakers on poor grasso's face <EdgyBrah>
She was winning. But not by a ton. Grasso is an animal. She got out of a mounted crucifix back to her feet. She stopped a judo throw. She tagged Valentina many times. And that way she took her back was slick we fck. Huge win. Not lucky at all. Completely deserved it

She’s not lying.

Grasso is a terrible grappler, and Valentina is just as goofy for throwing that ridiculous kick.

This might be the weakest stable of champs in UFC history.
Lol at you saying her throwing that ridiculous kick but if it lands and she win you say she’s the wgoat!

I love Shev, but that was not a good look. She can’t admit defeat….

Reads more to me like she admitted she made a mistake, and Grasso took advantage. I can’t stand Valentina, but I think people are misreading that quote

She’s not lying.

Grasso is a terrible grappler, and Valentina is just as goofy for throwing that ridiculous kick.

This might be the weakest stable of champs in UFC history.
If Grasso is such a terrible grappler, then how did she survive on the ground against Shevchenko when better grapplers haven’t? Try thinking before you post

Reads more to me like she admitted she made a mistake, and Grasso took advantage. I can’t stand Valentina, but I think people are misreading that quote

If Grasso is such a terrible grappler, then how did she survive on the ground against Shevchenko when better grapplers haven’t? Try thinking before you post

“Survive Schevchenko on the ground” lol is that supposed to be a flex? That’s a new one.

The girl has dog water takedown defense and even worse offensive wrestling. She offered nothing in the grappling department until Valentina threw that ugly spinning kick and she face cranked her to a win… WMMA tier stuff

“Survive Schevchenko on the ground” lol is that supposed to be a flex? That’s a new one.

The girl has dog water takedown defense and even worse offensive wrestling. She offered nothing in the grappling department until Valentina threw that ugly spinning kick and she face cranked her to a win… WMMA tier stuff
So say you didn’t watch the fight, no are salty the girl you simp for lost. Grasso did better than anyone expected, yet she’s a “terrible grappler” lmao

There is no worse feeling than not only seeing a fighter you like lose AND them being a sore loser about it.

Goddamnit Val.

The ref stand up was bad, as was Alexa's (near?) kick when they were on the ground scrambling. That said, I didn't give Alexa much of a chance and I think she showed you can force errors/risky moves out of Shevchenko if you can pressure her with strong and technical grappling OR boxing.

Kickboxing is where Shev is strongest, but she's well rounded enough to stay in comfortable in all areas with opponents who are not skilled or physically strong. Or at least this is what I gather from her time at 125. Doesn't really explain her success at 135 admittedly.

Last edited:
UMad.gif

Very salty indeed. She refused to attend the post fight press conference and was allegedly telling people backstage that the fight was a fluke and that she was going to knock Grasso's head off in a rematch.

Back