Valentina is a sore loser

Im an neither mexican nor ukrainian or wherever shes from. I got mexican homies i grew up with, got love for them all day. No hatin here bro. Im just watching and commenting as a fan and what i saw. I never bashed alexa, she fought a solid fight and it was close. But 10-8 5th is atrocious.
Ok cool. I had it 2-2 going into the fifth and Grasso won the fifth so I had her winning the fight out right. The judges got it wrong but that’s my opinion

Nah a flurry at the end of a round does not equal winning. She had far more effective strikes throughout. Controlled the majority of the fight. If you score it based on rounds and every meaningful metric including damage given, she's correct.

HOWEVER Grasso's offense and hunt for a finish was far more meaningful than Val's. But that doesn't matter because Val objectively won. The people who genuinely believe Grasso won probably believe Logan Paul and Conor were actually beating Mayweather at points because they "looked" more aggressive or impactful.

Who dropped who with a punch in that fight? I forgot.

Actually, Grasso got fucked over by Bell, because she won the 4th round and he gave it to Valentina.
The 4th round was close, there's an argument to be made for either fighter, no one serious would make an argument for 10-8 in the 5th ergo it's impossible to suggest Grasso was more fucked over.

Round 1: Valentina
Round 2: Grasso
Round 3: Valentina
Round 4: Grasso
Round 5: Grasso
Yes. So this 10-8 cope is not relevant. If anyone who was robbed out of a clear win it was Grasso. That judge didn't do grasso any Mexican favors, instead it gave Chev a draw and these haters a reason to bitch.

No damage? You may want to have a look at Grasso’s face.
You mean a cut from an elbow? cuts from elbows aren't damaging. That elbow didn't come close to hurting Grasso, nor did any of those jabs. Unlike the strike that put shev on her ass, or the knees to the head, or the gnp in the 5th getting head dribbled off the mat. Shevs jabs didn't come close to inflicting any damage.

She should have though. The same dipshit that gave Grasso a 10-8 also gave the 4th to Valentina.
As did half the fucking media. How biased are you that you literally think half of the people who are paid to watch and report on fights are just fucking up large for the hell of it. It was a razor close fight. I think anyone unbiased can see it could have gone either way and the controversy isn't the result but rather how we got it. I don't know or cheer for either one, literally couldn't care less about who got the W, and it seems clear as day any rational person could have had it either way. It was a great fight and it deserved a rational set of scorecards, both girls gave it their all and fought with great skill and heart. These people lose even when they win given the damage they take to their health and we all get a great product out of it. Outside of drug cheats and criminals they deserve respect and the least we can do as fans to show our appreciation is be honest about the feasibility of contrasting viewpoints instead of relying on personal bias to justify our own position. They deserve honesty given the what they risk. I got no problem with anyone feeling Grasso won but when I read shit on here acting like it was some obvious decision that couldn't have gone either way I know I'm not reading a coherent and honest argument.

Yeah she did so much no damage that Grasso was bleeding for no reason. What a stupid ass take
1 elbow made her bleed. Did she get rocked from the elbow? Its superficial Getting knocked on your ass is real damage. Getting your head kneed in is real damage, getting your head dribbled off the mat, is real damage.

The 4th round was close, there's an argument to be made for either fighter, no one serious would make an argument for 10-8 in the 5th ergo it's impossible to suggest Grasso was more fucked over.
6 straight knees to the head and a highlight slam is arguable now?

You mean a cut from an elbow? cuts from elbows aren't damaging. That elbow didn't come close to hurting Grasso, nor did any of those jabs. Unlike the strike that put shev on her ass, or the knees to the head, or the gnp in the 5th getting head dribbled off the mat. Shevs jabs didn't come close to inflicting any damage.

Lol you’re straight up delusional if you think an elbow can’t cause damage. She also was marked up and had more cuts than the one that came from an elbow.

Shes right, that 10-8 was total bullshit and without that she's the champ

hard not to be pissed... I couldn't care less which of these two ladies wins but I find it unjust what happened there
It's not like fighters know exact scorecards in the heat of the moment. You can still be salty or not, having said that, without that info.

Damn I read the thread title and thought it would be a totally different thread to what I got. I’m disappointed

What Shevchenko said in the post fight may have been in poor taste, but she's not wrong.
UFC has been trying to crown a Mexican champ forever because it helps tap in to a maaaaaasive market that's historically been very into fighting (mostly boxing).
They have a Mexican champion headlining the fight on Mexican night, in an area full of Mexicans.
It's no surprise they find a way for the Mexican champ to maybe not lose, but at least keep the belt.
Let's call a spade a spade.

valentina-shevchenko-4rfa5jx84j-364x414.jpg

Yep. Even if you think that. You shut your mouth about it until you get home. Do what you can to move on to the next. Which will probably be a rematch in the states. Win/win. She gets to get paid again.
A rematch in the states? Both of their fights were in Las Vegas.

Val's racist rant when interviewed damaged all the hard work that the UFC was doing trying to promote MMA in Mexico

Implied that Mexican MMA is corrupt and all their accomplishments are fraudulent

She was almost finished and saved by the bell, she lucky to get a draw instead of a decision loss

What Shevchenko said in the post fight may have been in poor taste, but she's not wrong.
UFC has been trying to crown a Mexican champ forever because it helps tap in to a maaaaaasive market that's historically been very into fighting (mostly boxing).
They have a Mexican champion headlining the fight on Mexican night, in an area full of Mexicans.
It's no surprise they find a way for the Mexican champ to maybe not lose, but at least keep the belt.
Let's call a spade a spade.
and yet moreno (the more popular fighter) somehow lost a close decision...

and yet moreno (the more popular fighter) somehow lost a close decision...
When he fought in Aneheim, on a card that he didn't headline, that wasn't on Mexican independence day, or centred around Mexican fighters and heritage?

Back