Valentina is a sore loser

I think she was right and a sore, salty, loser. She should go back up to 135 now that Nunes is gone.

No, 2 judges gave Valentina 3 rounds and Alexa 2. It was a draw b/c of a ridiculous 10-8 score. If the fight had been scored correctly without the 10-8 it would have gone to Valentina.

Alexa should have won 3 rounds. She clearly dominated 2, 4, and 5. She did the most damage in those rounds.

Giving a 10-8 round is so preposterous it’s hard to comprehend, I don’t blame her for being livid

I never said he was consistent. I just posted the link where he describes the rule changes. Most fans and even judges still think the 10-8 score is reserved for total dominance where one fighter is so superior for the whole round the other fighter can't do anything. Even Val said it in her post-fight interview. Consistency in scoring is lacking across the board with all the judges.

Fair enough and I do agree.

It feels like when judges are inconsistent week to week, I can chalk it up to "points of emphasis" from the commissions or whatever.

It feels like when judges are inconsistent fight to fight on the same night, I can chalk it up to incompetence.

But when judges are inconsistent in their criteria round to round, it sure feels like they are trying to get to a certain result (meaning, idk about rigged but I think there could be some 'I think the fight was a draw, so how do I get it there' logic going on).

that makes no sense.. if he scored it right valentina wins... if your gonna score a 10-8 . valentina was closer to submitting alexa the the revers by a mile.. so that round deserved a 10-8 more then the 5th.. Valentina won that fight plain and simple.. busted grasso up ..

I am saying, Alexa 100% won 2,4 and 5. She by far created the most damage. No way in hell Valentina should have won the 4th. The judging was cr*p.

She's getting more and more arrogant so seeing her not getting the belt is great

She's becoming more salty too
Um Grasso was equally full of herself celebrating a draw like W and dismissing the bs 10-8 like she deserved it lol.

Fair enough and I do agree.

It feels like when judges are inconsistent week to week, I can chalk it up to "points of emphasis" from the commissions or whatever.

It feels like when judges are inconsistent fight to fight on the same night, I can chalk it up to incompetence.

But when judges are inconsistent in their criteria round to round, it sure feels like they are trying to get to a certain result (meaning, idk about rigged but I think there could be some 'I think the fight was a draw, so how do I get it there' logic going on).

I've been posting about how the 10pt system is bad for MMA for years. I don't see any fix for it which is why I always advocate for judging fights as a whole. There would still be disagreements and debate but not like there is now where people over-analyze individual rounds of 5 round fights. It's just too subjective when a light-hitting, do nothing round can be judged the same as one where there is a knockdown or a lot of damage occurs.

Lolololol. Round 2 says otherwise. Val was like 3 strikes away from getting tko'd.

I didnt know how dumb and delusional these val faanbois are
I bet on grasso but vals mounted guillotine was the closest thing to a finish in that fight val got dropp but for like 0.5 seconds she was back standing and got a take down almost right after.

lol being stuck on that 10-8 round.

There was a pretty even split for how this fight was seen by pundits, judges, and fans.

For those scoring Alexa the winner, she only needed to WIN the last round, not get a 10-8. The fight was even going into the last round.

I would normally dismiss it as being non-racist but Shev has said things that spread doubt in my mind like referring to Weili as "that chinese girl" when she tried to challenge her years ago

Gonna have a big bowl of salt and vinegar kettle chips ready for her next fight.

While I’m fine with the draw, she did get absolutely screwed with that round being scored 10-8.

An elbow can cause damage, but the elbow from shev was not damaging. It cut her but Grasso was never hurt or 'damaged' from the elbow. Getting put on your ass, is damaging. Getting kneed in the head is damaging. Getting your head dribbled off the mat is damage.

Lol she was never getting her head dribbled off the canvas. Grasso was flailing around punching her arms trying to fish for a stoppage.

I've been posting about how the 10pt system is bad for MMA for years. I don't see any fix for it which is why I always advocate for judging fights as a whole. There would still be disagreements and debate but not like there is now where people over-analyze individual rounds of 5 round fights. It's just too subjective when a light-hitting, do nothing round can be judged the same as one where there is a knockdown or a lot of damage occurs.
You're conflating two issues: incompetent/corrupt judges and the scoring system not accurately reflecting what happened in the fight. Judging the fight as a whole would make the first issue much worse. Using more than 2 points to judge a round would be much better than just throwing out the scoring criteria and giving bad judges even less accountability.

Back