Valentina is Just Big

It's a little annoying to watch Valentina throw around smaller fighters. I'm not saying she isn't good but her takedowns aren't technical at all. Her past few fight all she does is throw her opponents down by pure power and being bigger. She's one of the very few BW's that were slightly small then cut down where all of her opponents are fighting up. This was inevitable. What the hell is the UFC waiting for to make Nunes vs Valentina 3? These fights are pathetic at this point. One win at Flyweight Bantam or Feather earns you a title shot.

Maia, Eye, and Chookagain are not smaller than her and she did the same to them. Don’t make sh*t up...

I'm not saying she's huge but she's bigger than most in the division. Her clinch is good for sure but she's bigger than most of the girls she's fought. Maia was the only one the same height and size and she was able to out clinch her.
Bro you are trying to discredit her greatness

I'm not saying she's huge but she's bigger than most in the division. Her clinch is good for sure but she's bigger than most of the girls she's fought. Maia was the only one the same height and size and she was able to out clinch her.

She was able to out-clinch Val? The takedown record seems to say otherwise as all of Val's takedowns came from the clinch.

Shevchenko 5/6
Maia 1/2

She fought at 135 at about her walk-around weight, frequently fought at 60 kg. in MT with same-day weigh ins and when asked about how hard it was to make 125 responded with "eat less chocolate." During a fight week interview she was at 128 three days out.

So do you have some actual evidence that she is bigger? Particularly given that other women have also come down from 135 including Chook and Murphy.

Holly and Pena are bigger and both got ragdolled

Lol. What are you on about? You sound like a casual.

She spent most of the fight against Pena pinned up against the cage. Val could barely move Pena at all. She was getting controlled easily. The only time she got her down was when she countered knee strikes with trips.

She got the armbar from her back after Pena done a power takedown to get her down.

Literally everything Val done in that fight was technique, not ragdolling.

It's a little annoying to watch Valentina throw around smaller fighters. I'm not saying she isn't good but her takedowns aren't technical at all. Her past few fight all she does is throw her opponents down by pure power and being bigger.
giphy.gif

It's a little annoying to watch Valentina throw around smaller fighters. I'm not saying she isn't good but her takedowns aren't technical at all. Her past few fight all she does is throw her opponents down by pure power and being bigger. She's one of the very few BW's that were slightly small then cut down where all of her opponents are fighting up. This was inevitable. What the hell is the UFC waiting for to make Nunes vs Valentina 3? These fights are pathetic at this point. One win at Flyweight Bantam or Feather earns you a title shot.
You know Valentina didn't cut any weight to fight at 135, don't you? In fact, she weighed in at 133 when she fought Holly. Walking around at 133-135 and cutting only 8-10 lbs to make 125 definitely doesn't make her a big flyweight.

she should be trying to pack a few more pounds of muscle on IMO and challenge Nunes the right way.

take the next year off and go for it !!

135 title shot

To shut up all the idiots who think Shev won the last fight or think that Shev is anywhere near her level.
Valentina is definitely better than Nunes. Amanda had 20 lbs on her on fight night. Even if you don't agree Valentina won the second fight, just making the fights close being so much smaller than Nunes proves Valentina is better.

She probably has the best takedown technique in her division, or the divisions above her (excepting maybe 1 or 2 fighters). You should change your username to 'MMAamateur'

Valentina must've read through a few sherdog threads about her subpar wrestling and decided to put a clinic on Andrade.

Which is why she keeps losing to Nunes. She can't bully her like the rest of the girls she faces

Pena didn’t actually get ragdolled. It’s worth remembering she was winning the fight until Valentina fluked a submission.

Valentina won the 1st round and foot swept Pena like 3 times. The 2nd was just wall n stall by Pena after failing TDs and both fighters just exchanges knees in the clinch, then Pena hit a double finally, did shit from top position and got armbarred. Valentina's TDD is much better these days too.

Interesting take. I think her takedowns are a marvel to witness. Especially those where she running at her opponent and drives one way then the other.

Back