Crime Venice hit-and-run driver who plowed into mom & baby in stolen car is murdered after light sentence

She scratched her elbow and her baby was fine, yet she's happy the teenage perp is dead?

That's one vindictive Karen.
I’m going to swerve at you at every opportunity and just barely miss. Or I’ll barely clip you. As long it’s just a scratch we’re cool right????

That is how it's supposed to work, yes. Not sure the point here, other than the electoral system in LA appears to be working as intended.

I guess...if you're rooting for the 2nd largest city in our nation to be a much worse place. I mean...we don't live in a vacuum. I am pretty sure whether we live there or not we are allowed to have an opinion from the outside about the job he's doing based on the information presented.

I'm not rooting for "someone to murder" the guy, but some less violent way for him to not have his current job would be good. If the people of Los Angeles county can't see that and disagree and want to keep electing this guy then yeah that's on them, but it doesn't mean we can't say they're idiots for doing it.

I guess...if you're rooting for the 2nd largest city in our nation to be a much worse place. I mean...we don't live in a vacuum. I am pretty sure whether we live there or not we are allowed to have an opinion from the outside about the job he's doing based on the information presented.

I'm not rooting for "someone to murder" the guy, but some less violent way for him to not have his current job would be good. If the people of Los Angeles county can't see that and disagree and want to keep electing this guy then yeah that's on them, but it doesn't mean we can't say they're idiots for doing it.
Less violent way for him like...? People get way too caught up in headlines and don't grasp the bigger picture with crime usually.

Call it fate, call it karma, call it the universe self-correcting itself

Must have been up to some shit to get gunned down in Palmdale ...Very nice.

Before I finished reading the story, I wasn't sure how to feel.

After finding out he was a druggie POS who hit-and-ran and tried to poison a girls drink, I'm satisfied with this outcome.

That punk probably did a bunch of other foul shit and was well on his way to ruining a bunch of lives.

While I am steadfastly non-violent and a believer in the passionless application of the rule of law, I also find myself completely at peace with this outcome.

California isnt going to fix any of the issues that affect the poor, our suffering is too profitable for them.

A troubled soul, no doubt

Should have been locked up for much longer in the first place. I'm not optimistic that they will pull their heads out of their asses anytime soon, but maybe eventually they will realize a few months for a hit and run, on top of poisoning a girl's drink is outright ridiculous

He made the most of his second chance in society.

Before this blatant hit and run in a stolen car, the little druggie already tried to poison another student, and barely got a slap on the wrist for all of it.

Fortunately, the universe works in mysterious ways.
-----

Venice hit-and-run driver who plowed into mom & baby in stolen car is murdered after light sentence

By Michael Ruiz and Bill Melugin | January 20, 2023

LOS ANGELES
- A Los Angeles-area teenager who ran over a mother walking her child in a stroller in Venice in 2021 and received just a few months of diversionary camp as punishment was gunned down in Palmdale this week, according to FOX News.

Kristopher Baca, 17, of Palmdale was found fatally shot on Wednesday on a driveway in the 38600 block of 11th Street East, according to the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department.

FOX 11 had not previously identified Baca in connection with the Venice hit-and-run due to his age. He pleaded guilty in the hit-and-run case last year.

The Los Angeles County Coroner-Medical Examiner's office confirmed Baca's death Friday but said the examination was still pending.

Sources close to the investigation told FOX News that he had been at a fast food restaurant earlier trying to "get with a girl."

"As he walked home alone, a car pulled up next to him and an argument broke out. Someone in the vehicle opened fire, then sped off," FOX News reported.

The young mother eventually moved her family out of Los Angeles to get away from what she has described as "soft-on-crime policies."

The mother, who asked only to be identified as Rachel, told Fox News Friday that her husband was out of town when she heard the news, and she had to mull it over alone. She said she was both relieved and saddened by the news.

"The universe delivered the justice we weren’t given in court, but a much harsher punishment than he’d have been dealt in a court of law," she said.

The case made national headlines last year when Los Angeles County District Attorney George Gascón's office sought a five- to seven-month sentence in juvenile probation camp, a punishment for young offenders described as less severe than military school but harsher than summer camp.

Gascón’s office told Fox News Digital at the time that the sentence was "an appropriate resolution."

The teen was already on felony probation for poisoning a high school girl's drink at the time of the hit-and-run – which surveillance cameras captured on Aug. 6, 2021.

The video shows a stolen vehicle speeding the wrong way down a one-way backstreet. It plowed into a woman walking her infant son in a stroller. Then he hit the gas, accelerating away from the scene, where a good Samaritan in a pickup truck rammed the suspect vehicle head on.

Los Angeles police responded and found drugs in the driver’s system and marijuana in the car, according to an incident report obtained by Fox News.

The suspect was 15 at the time of the hit-and-run and asked the court for an early release from his light punishment. A judge denied the request, but he died before his 18th birthday.

"I think I feel shorted – by the system because they didn’t hold him accountable and sad, not for him, but for his mom a little, because if George Gascón actually did his job this kid would still be alive in jail," Rachel told FOX News.

https://www.foxla.com/news/venice-h...them&utm_medium=trueanthem&utm_source=twitter

<GinJuice>

And not a single thing of value was lost that day.

well, im not going to condone acts of violence but for this situation i'm not going to condemn it either.

Less violent way for him like...? People get way too caught up in headlines and don't grasp the bigger picture with crime usually.

I don't fucking know...less violent like he wakes up tomorrow and realizes his outlook on the judicial system is horseshit and resigns effective immediately?

And no offense, but your second sentence is just throwaway, generic inanity meant to deflect from the actual topic. "The bigger picture" with crime is made up of a zillion individual stories, some of which involve DA's who suck ass at their job. And the individual stories that make up the big picture matter.

I don't fucking know...less violent like he wakes up tomorrow and realizes his outlook on the judicial system is horseshit and resigns effective immediately?

And no offense, but your second sentence is just throwaway, generic inanity meant to deflect from the actual topic. "The bigger picture" with crime is made up of a zillion individual stories, some of which involve DA's who suck ass at their job. And the individual stories that make up the big picture matter.
Oh ya, because that's how adults operate in highly complex environments, they wake up one day and just do a 180.

I actually agree that a harsher sentence would have been appropriate in this case, but I'm actually not sure many DAs would bother investing limited resources on a crime like that. People seem to treat the DA as some boogie man that has a hand in every criminal justice decision

Oh ya, because that's how adults operate in highly complex environments, they wake up one day and just do a 180.

I actually agree that a harsher sentence would have been appropriate in this case, but I'm actually not sure many DAs would bother investing limited resources on a crime like that. People seem to treat the DA as some boogie man that has a hand in every criminal justice decision

Buddy...you replied to someone "hoping the universe took care of the DA as well". We weren't talking realistic scenarios or something that someone could predict. We're on a forum just throwing things out there. "Wishing" that someone would murder that DA (your words, as that's how you interpreted the other guy's post since he likened the universe thing to what happened to the kid) is fantasy talk. Same as "wishing" the guy would just up and quit. Only difference is that you asked for a less violent fantasy so I provided one.

And if you've read about this DA at all, this isn't a one-off thing we're talking about. The entire reason for the recall was how flippant he was about recommending ridiculously lenient sentences for violent crimes, crimes against children (iirc including sexual crimes against children), etc. A pattern emerged. And of course people hide behind "Welp, he was within sentencing guidelines". Yeah, at the absolute bottom end when there sometimes were as much as 15 year differences. And the sentencing guidelines themselves are another story that make up your "big picture" in regards to crime. Not to mention judges who have the ability to give a harsher sentence than what the DA recommends but choose not to.

We have jails filled with non violent drug offenders who have never even dealt but have enough possession charges that they're "habitual offenders". Yeah some are in for stealing etc to support the habit, but some it's ONLY possession. Yet we have a judicial system that allows pedophiles and violent offenders to serve minimal time and be right back out harming innocents. There's your big picture. And again, this DA is part of the problem and not part of the solution. And the voters of LA county are too lost to see it. But hey, at least they aren't alone. There's shitty DA's and judges all over the country!

Buddy...you replied to someone "hoping the universe took care of the DA as well". We weren't talking realistic scenarios or something that someone could predict. We're on a forum just throwing things out there. "Wishing" that someone would murder that DA (your words, as that's how you interpreted the other guy's post since he likened the universe thing to what happened to the kid) is fantasy talk. Same as "wishing" the guy would just up and quit. Only difference is that you asked for a less violent fantasy so I provided one.

And if you've read about this DA at all, this isn't a one-off thing we're talking about. The entire reason for the recall was how flippant he was about recommending ridiculously lenient sentences for violent crimes, crimes against children (iirc including sexual crimes against children), etc. A pattern emerged. And of course people hide behind "Welp, he was within sentencing guidelines". Yeah, at the absolute bottom end when there sometimes were as much as 15 year differences. And the sentencing guidelines themselves are another story that make up your "big picture" in regards to crime. Not to mention judges who have the ability to give a harsher sentence than what the DA recommends but choose not to.

We have jails filled with non violent drug offenders who have never even dealt but have enough possession charges that they're "habitual offenders". Yeah some are in for stealing etc to support the habit, but some it's ONLY possession. Yet we have a judicial system that allows pedophiles and violent offenders to serve minimal time and be right back out harming innocents. There's your big picture. And again, this DA is part of the problem and not part of the solution. And the voters of LA county are too lost to see it. But hey, at least they aren't alone. There's shitty DA's and judges all over the country!
Uhh..I spent most of life living and working in LA and around it. What candidate did you prefer over him when he ran?

You also seem to be upset at him over things a DA has little, if any control over.

Back