Locked VENOM Movie (First Critics Reactions)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Update: July 22, 2018

Screenshot of Venom About to Eat a Guy's Head from the VENOM Comic-Con Trailer

SAminUz.jpg
Yay!! Getting actual Venom with him eating brains.

I want to see that damn comic-con trailer so bad.

Okay that looks terrifying but it's still rated R or riot
The white veiny things have me thinking this is Riot, not Venom. I had never heard of him until today though, Looks like they want to save carnage for the sequel.

I want to see that damn comic-con trailer so bad.
same, and it sucks that we usually don't see those either. I remember we never saw the one for infinity war.

Is it an incentive for people to attend those?

The white veiny things have me thinking this is Riot, not Venom. I had never heard of him until today though, Looks like they want to save carnage for the sequel.

I thought woody harrelson was carnage in this film?

Update: July 20, 2018

VENOM Footage Details at Comic-Con; Riz Ahmed Confirmed to Play the Symbiote Riot

Q2FusJ5.jpg

Ruben Fleischer, Riz Ahmed, and Tom Hardy take the stage for Venom. It is Hardy's first time in Hall H.

Flesher starts out by talking about how excited he is to be here with this movie. "This guy is trying to bite people's heads off the whole time and this guy is an evil megalomaniac who wants to take over the world."

Why did they choose Tom Hardy for the role?

"I love officially everything he's been in," Fleischer said. "There's no one more exciting to watch on screen. He just brings so much complexity and depth to every character he inhabits."

What appealed to Hardy?

"Venom is, by far, for me the...coolest Marvel super hero that there is. I just like the way he looks first and foremost. Then, also, there's my son and he's a massive Venom fan. He was a very strong influence on me as to why I ought to play Venom specifically...So I did something where I bite people's heads off which my son can't see."

He introduces a clip from the movie.

Eddie Brock enters a convenience store. He knows the lady here. She says he looks like s---. He's not feeling well. She suggested to him previously that he medidate. At home, he puts a disc in his DVD player and while laying on the floor meditates. Flashes of him running through the woods kick in. He smacks his face on the couch. He pounds pills. He looks unwell and calls someone to say he's feeling very sick. He awakens, startled. Later, he walks through an alley and sees Venom in the reflection of a car window before being flung against a wall.

Riz Ahmed's character rules that human beings are disposable. Man and symbiote combined is the future. He tests one on a man who is bent out of shape violently. Eddie is tests later. As ra result, he brutally beats men in his apartment with Venom's help. His motorcycles is sandwiched by cars but Venom holds them off.

Venom tells Eddie his previous life is over. Eddie doesn't want to just hurt people. Venom emerges and talks to Eddie face to face. After Eddie's body is bent and broken, Venom heals him and stands 10 feet tall. He holds a man up and licks his face.

Ahmed's character is proud of his creation. Action scenes flash by. Eddie starts to come around on the power. His gal seems concerned about that. A woman throws spikes out of her back and into civilians at a market.Venom's arms turn into giant axes and he wipes out a slew of enemies. More action scenes. Venom fights Ahmed's symbiote counterpart. Venom threatens to eat a man's face off of his head who is bothering the woman in the convenience store. When he asks "What the hell are you," half the face disappears and Eddie and Venom say, "We are Venom." Then, he eats his head. Eddie emerges and says goodnight to the woman.

Hardy says he was inspired by his roles in Legend to take on a movie with a counterpart. "I wear an earpiece. I would record," Hardy said. "It depends, If I'm Eddie Brock and Venom is talking to me, than only Eddie hears it but all the other actors don't know how to speak."

Ahmed opens up about his Carlton Drake character.

"He's a genius billionaire inventor," Ahmed said. "Life Foundation...is trying to answer the question of what does the future for humanity look like...He thinks, probably, we've got a future in outer space and he comes across the symbiote."

Ahmed's character is Riot.

"We're definitely planning a huge world with this Venom story and we want to be able to satisfy our own desires and the desires of fans to explore all of the characters in the film," Flesher said.

"Jenny Slate, who I'm a massive fan of...she plays the lead scientist at the Life Foundation," Ahmed said. "Here she brings a lot of soul and warmth and humanity to this character."

Will Spider-Man be involved?

"I think we can all agree it would be pretty amazing to see Spider-Man and Venom face off in a film," Fleischer said. "I have to think that the studio is thinking the same way and at some point down the road they're gonna run across each other's paths."

Tom Hardy would like to go "toe to toe" with Tom Holland's Spider-Man.

"I can't wait for it," Fleischer said.

http://comicbook.com/marvel/2018/07/21/sdcc-2018-sony-venom-spider-man-trailer-panel/

Venom's arms turn into giant axes and he wipes out a slew of enemies.

Does Venom do this in the comics?

Riot? Who??

Why not stick to the basics here people? Everyone knows spiderman..i assume venom is his best known villain....if im wromg, then less people know who carnage is...and now you can add me to the "who the fuck is riot?" list.

Plus...Riot looks like venom it seems.

same, and it sucks that we usually don't see those either. I remember we never saw the one for infinity war.

Is it an incentive for people to attend those?

lol, most def.

What really surprises me is there hasn't been any leaks of that comic-con trailer yet.

Why wouldn't they? Blow their load on one movie? I think not...There will be a post credits scene hinting at Carnage.

""If you look at the comics, in Venom, there is just elements of white within his suit. Because our character does not originate from Spider-Man, it makes no sense to put a spider on his chest. We tried to be as accurate as we possibly could, even though some people feel it's inaccurate, but there is a lot of white and we wanted to give him a distinctive pattern."
He went on to explain the white markings have more purpose than just aesthetics, saying "If you have an all-black character, especially in night scenes, he just kind of disappears. ... Since we couldn't use the Spider-Man symbol, we wanted to give him another graphic element, and those veins that kind of form a shape on his chest was an original idea that we just thought looked really cool."" from http://www.ign.com/articles/2018/07...-his-white-spider-chest-symbol-comic-con-2018

Not that I am mad, I am okay with it - but why Riot?

I just figured Carnage would bring more views and interest since he is somewhat well known. I guess they could be building to Carnage later on?

Not that I am mad, I am okay with it - but why Riot?

I just figured Carnage would bring more views and interest since he is somewhat well known. I guess they could be building to Carnage later on?
Few days ago I've seen article that mentioned that journalist asked director about Carnage or other symbiote and his answer was something along the line that maybe he is in this movie, maybe not, you will see it yourself.

What's with introducing these new characters only to make their enemy nearly identical? How is that interesting for the first movie?

Fuck Riot and fuck Carnage right now. No need to blow their load asap.

None of this crap sounds interesting. This isn't a movie I'm gonna bother going to the theatres for.

Fuck Sony

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back