Vick KO - Upkick or Axe Kick ?

I'd call it a heel up kick due to Niko being on his back and using the heel to hit Vick's chin.Another name would be Dentist's special or teeth rearranger or
nicoblast!

It's obviously an uptick, you poor naive child.

Any kick, regardless of type, coming from the grounded position, is referred to as an upkick. So it's an upkick.

An axe kick is fired from the standing position, and is called an axe kick because of it's upward swinging motion followed by the downward chopping kick, like an axe.

When was the last time you saw a guy laying under a tree chopping upwards with his axe?

Exactly, you stupid fucking fuck.

Show me where in the unified rules it states "Any kick, regardless of type, coming from the grounded position, is referred to as an upkick." Or is this just an ignorant opinion of yours ?

If you watch the kick, his foot was clearly on a downwards trajectory as it made contact with his face NOT up. If you can control your rage (roids?) for a few seconds and watch the second missed kick, it also follows the same up to down (NOT down to up) trajectory.

He was on his back, brought his foot UP towards his own face, and struck downwards - just like an axe kick.

Lol @ your angry response. Must suck to be so angry all the time, I mean a forum post absolutely enraged you.

Stay triggered.

FB_IMG_1486018307338.jpg

Sounded like and looked like an axe kick that made Vick's teeth bite down.

An axe kick. A very clever setup too.

He kept his legs apart and held his right leg back while putting his left leg up front for Vick to see. Vick cleared his left leg and thought he could start his gnp because typically most guys keep their legs together.

Niko then used his right leg he had in a hidden, cocked back position and bam!

It was an up axe kick btw.

In Japanese wrestling it's called a modified Gravity Exploder Special.

Dang I watched the entrance songs to that fight but missed it. Anyone got a gif?
Finally a axe kick KO? :eek:

Upon further consideration, I think I've shifted from upkick to the Bax kick/ upward axe kick team. Just a crazy unorthodox strike

Show me where in the unified rules it states "Any kick, regardless of type, coming from the grounded position, is referred to as an upkick." Or is this just an ignorant opinion of yours ?

If you watch the kick, his foot was clearly on a downwards trajectory as it made contact with his face NOT up. If you can control your rage (roids?) for a few seconds and watch the second missed kick, it also follows the same up to down (NOT down to up) trajectory.

He was on his back, brought his foot UP towards his own face, and struck downwards - just like an axe kick.

Lol @ your angry response. Must suck to be so angry all the time, I mean a forum post absolutely enraged you.

Stay triggered.

View attachment 660659
It has nothing to do with unified rules, it's the name of the technique.

Stay stupid.

So it's your ignorant, know-nothing opinion.

As I said.
No, it's just a logical understanding of the difference between an axe kick and an upkick.

If you're still arguing over this, there is no help you, you lack logic. A kick thrown upward from the ground off the back is called an upkick.

A standing kick thrown up above the target and swung down is called an axe kick.

Sure, the kick Niko threw resembled an upside down axe kick from his back. But it still isn't referred to as an axe kick.

If you wanted to explain to someone what had happened in that finish just by naming the technique used, could you accurately describe it by calling it an axe kick, to where someone who hadn't seen it would be able to visualize what had happened? NO, no you couldn't.

Back