Media Video - Khabib choking 2 times ADCC champion in grappling sparring!

Eh not really.

If I was a coach I would be embarrassed if my professional athlete of a decade top 1% student couldn't occasionally best me every once in awhile (especially if I'm 38 years old and haven't competed at a high level in years).

If he couldn't occasionally take me to deep waters/tap me then am I really a coach ?
Khabib is just there when he has a camp

This is not Leozinho the ADCC champ - who is 43 and would still tap Khabib out in a straight up grappling match

The guy in the video is probably this guy

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leandro_Vieira

And we don't know the context of the video - there are plenty of times you're rolling with someone way better than you and they let you get a submission in if your doing a private and/or drilling a new technique.

???
He has seven or more championships in grappling. He's just now focused on being the best MMAer.
Which are those? NAGA? NAGA is like regional mma scene to UFC/Bellator in terms of talent.

Khabib is a very high level grappler. He is not the top of the line in BJJ, but in mma he is top of the line. Maia may be better at BJJ for instance, but that's all maia has really. Khabib is great at tds, Subs, control, positioning, wrestling, chain wrestling, striking def, and even striking in general these days. Even if it is not orthodox, it's still effective and does what it is intended to do, which is back people up with pressure and get them to the fence.
Since joining aka he has learned a lot of NCAA type takedowns etc and made him even more dangerous. The td threat along with his striking is above most. People can say whatever, but khabib is a great grappler. He is an undefeated mma champion. He has won grappling tourneys, and beaten high level BJJ guys.

They're both wearing MMA gloves. This sparring is almost definitely for Khabib and not just a normal roll. That said, that choke was nice

You really believe that he doesn't tap in training ? You're kidding right? The best grapplers in adcc would tap khabib in grappling. How old are you to believe this ? Lol
Some guys are just hard to tap. I've got guys like that I'm my gym. Honestly wouldn't shock me if he didn't tap. He's only at AKA for a few months at a time and is a world class grappler. I'm sure guys like Gordon Ryan, Ryan Hall, Kron, Ortega, Maia, or even Danis rarely if ever tap.

Khabib is quite clearly a ridiculously gifted grappler. Not sure why you and so many others take issue with that. Not tapping in practice isn't a huge deal. Just means your grappling is a level above your peers

Some guys are just hard to tap. I've got guys like that I'm my gym. Honestly wouldn't shock me if he didn't tap. He's only at AKA for a few months at a time and is a world class grappler. I'm sure guys like Gordon Ryan, Ryan Hall, Kron, Ortega, Maia, or even Danis rarely if ever tap.

Khabib is quite clearly a ridiculously gifted grappler. Not sure why you and so many others take issue with that. Not tapping in practice isn't a huge deal. Just means your grappling is a level above your peers

All those guys you mention have tap in training against other great grapplers. It comes with the territory.

You said that Khabib doesn't tap at all. If those to grapplers tap from time to time then does khabib. Not that hard to understand.

Their Khabib doesn't tap thing is probably saying he is too stubborn to tap in training and will rather take the injury. We all know what happens when you don't tap; there is no magic to it. There is a difference between doesn't tap vs doesn't get tapped.

All those guys you mention have tap in training against other great grapplers. It comes with the territory.

You said that Khabib doesn't tap at all. If those to grapplers tap from time to time then does khabib. Not that hard to understand.
I'm sure he has tapped to some of his Dagestani teammates. As far as AKA, no one has spoken up about tapping him. Even guys like Ruth or Shields who he doesn't regularly train with comment on him just being hard to tap.

Pretty basic shit, guys at AKA are competitive and go after each other. More over they like to fuck with each other. If one of them tapped Khabib it would be a big deal to them.

Really don't understand why the guy not tapping is such an issue.

I'm sure he has tapped to some of his Dagestani teammates. As far as AKA, no one has spoken up about tapping him. Even guys like Ruth or Shields who he doesn't regularly train with comment on him just being hard to tap.

Pretty basic shit, guys at AKA are competitive and go after each other. More over they like to fuck with each other. If one of them tapped Khabib it would be a big deal to them.

Really don't understand why the guy not tapping is such an issue.

True but how many of those guys are top tier submission grapplers? Shields is not too tier due to not being nowhere near his prime.

The Ferguson bandwagon has emptied out pretty good lately

They are mostly rat Conor fans and their hopes are kind of dispersing to GSP, and a few are even desperate enough to hop on the Gaethje warwagon.

Okay whitebelt who just joined and spams the forum with Khabib worship daily.

There's still plenty of Tony fans here, he won the poll recently on this very site for favorite fighter within the top 15 pound for pound.

You brand new Khabib fans have become the fucking worst. I never thought anything could come close to the shit Conor fans would post here, but I'm being proven wrong. It's straight up deity worship, and it's embarrassing. Hell, Khabib himself would call you dumbfucks infidels for worshipping him instead of Allah.

Then you make posts like this trying to bait people...and LMAO...I guess way to go, you got me to reply. But now...go away.

@mkess101

You are the biggest Tony fan here and probably one of the only real ones. I expected you to stick around.

Admit it though,

you're worried. Your boy's gonna get grapple and wrestle fucked to bolivia. He's just not the same caliber.

Take off your blinders and you can see it.

I know you can. I bet you leave the forum after the fight.

Again, the poll on this site was literally days ago, and the question was "Among the top 15 p4p, who are you a fan of?" Tony got the most votes. More than Khabib. More than Jones. More than any of the champs. Tony is the hardcore fan's king, at least in the west. The premise that "Tony fans are bailing ship" is ludicrous.

Look at how long I've been on this site. I've been fighter (one fight only LOL and was 11 years ago but whatever), I've cornered guys, trained. I've followed the sport since 1998. I am a huge fan of Tony, I love the way he fights. All out, full bore, the most fan friendly style I've ever seen.

I also have acknowledged all along how good Khabib is. Never have I said he's not great, because he is. These are the two best LW's in the world, probably of all time. Both on 12 fight win streaks. One is going to win, one will lose. If Khabib does beat Tony, sure I'll be disappointed but life will go on, as will MMA. And while I do give Tony a far better chance than you do, I also realize that Khabib is where he is for a reason. Tony could lose, and he'd be losing to another brilliant fighter. Or he could win, and then it would be Khabib losing to a brilliant fighter.

Just spamming the forum with "Khabib is unbeatable" stuff...is lame. I think you are going to be surprised how competitive the fight is.

@mkess101

Lee did better wrestling Ferguson than he did RDA

Think about that for a second

Yes, and Lee did zero damage and used a ton of energy to not do any damage. Tony gets better as fights go on. It's happened in literally every fight he's had during this 12 fight win streak. I do expect Khabib takes him down and has success early. I want to see what happens when Tony isn't worn down and tired by round 3 like Khabib's other opponents. That's where the fight gets interesting to me.

Jeez, isn't it possible to be a Khabib fan and give credit to Tony as well ? I have my views on Fergie but I can still give credit to him.

True but how many of those guys are top tier submission grapplers? Shields is not too tier due to not being nowhere near his prime.
Leo is a beast. Luke is killer and apparently he couldn't tap him. Shields rolled with him a few years back so he may have still been in his prime. Not sure tho. Most guys at AKA are pretty ridiculous on the ground.

A good amount of them have done IBJJF. I'd have to deep dive the AKA roster to pull out who specifically. They def don't have a shortage of world class wrestlers.

Back