VIKINGS v.3 (Returns Nov. 29, 2017)

Not gonna lie, this season started out very promising but has been going downhill ever since. Seems as if the writers are winging it at this point and lack a clear concise narrative since Ragnar's death.

Its not the actors as most have done a stellar job playing their characters but the writing is tainting this series.

Abruptly killing off Aethelwulf via bee sting was the straw that broke the camel's back for me.

Ok they need to fix this show asap
-The sjw shit with tiny skinny women fighters was one thing now its just awful fight scenes in general with 0 tactics,100%plot armour etc

- ivar went from interesting character to comic book villian like in a flash....also i omt give a fuck how much hes trained anyone can knock his ass to the dirt so quit with the hard man shit and focus on his cunning

- why the fuck would u end the 2 hafdan bros part of the show?its been one of the best parts

-so ubbes wife is nuts now...ok
Il guess being passed about like a new guy in prison is the reason i guess

-is boringstick or whatever the turncoat brother is called ever gonna have anything interesting to say or do ? Lets hope hes set up deal with rollo to betray ivar to make him worth the screentime
-fuck lokis side story...i never thought of all vikings characters hed bore me!!
-all the interest in the priest and he does shit
-even the seers cryptic messages are lazy these daya...magarete will not be queen of khattegat=yes we get it she will be queen of somewhere else

Pros
-rollos back motherfuckers! Wrap this shit up big guy !
-the 2 brothers made this fucking episode watchable ! From the epic singing to their goodbye...made lagatha and astrids seem so poor in comparison
Now without his wife and the stable voice of his bro i wonder how the new king will be!

-ok pieces set for some.interesting shit next season now alfred is king,iceland is discovered and bjorn has a whole world to discover

Halfdans death was terrible. He actually had an interesting story, a guy living in his brothers shadow, who didnt really want to fight, just to travel, but of course they didnt flesh out his storyline so the whole thing was rushed.

Harald says he doesnt want to kill him, then kills him, then regrets it?

Terrible writing.

Agreed on Rollo coming back being the best part.

In real life, they were father and son.

They still have 10 more episode for this season this fall right? And then 20 more for season 6 so a total of 30 episodes?

Wow. I see that this is correct. I had thought season 5 was the last. A 6th season is totally unnecessary. They should really be wrapping this up due to decline in quality.

Halfdans death was terrible. He actually had an interesting story, a guy living in his brothers shadow, who didnt really want to fight, just to travel, but of course they didnt flesh out his storyline so the whole thing was rushed.

Harald says he doesnt want to kill him, then kills him, then regrets it?

Terrible writing.

Agreed on Rollo coming back being the best part.

Totally agree about Halfdan. The guy actually had some depth to his character. He went from just being a bloodthirsty guy blindly following his brother into someone who wanted more out of life. He realized there was more adventures to be had rather that fighting for land and power.

Then they decided that he gets killed off.......fighting/defending for land and power

lol. That that Alfred was kind of a weak douche. But that is my understanding about that show. It takes place when Alfred grows up to be king. The lineiage is Egbert then Aethulwulf, then Alfred. Though in real life Alfred is believed to be the youngest son of Aethulwulf, not a bastard son of a monk obviously.

You'll also notice that there is a young Guthrum in Vikings. He is Jarl Borg's son and was the kid who ended up betraying Floki's plans to leave to the land of the gods to Lagertha.

Guthrum is also a character in The Last Kingdom who at the beginning of the series has a strong hold on one of the kingdoms in England and was was of the warlords.

http://the-last-kingdom.wikia.com/wiki/Guthrum

I dont know if it's supposed to be the same person but the timeline would make sense between him and Alfred (roughly). And Guthrum would have some political influence since his biological father was an Earl (Jarl) and his adopted father Erlendur, was the son of a previous King (King Horik) - Again these are all just fun things to talk about. There is no history of Horik's sons I don't believe.

Wow! I was wrong on Guthrum. The time line from Viking's Alfred to Last Kingdom Alfred would have fit with Viking's Guthrum to Last Kingdom Guthrum. Especially given the lineage of Viking's Guthrum being the son of an Earl and step-son of a King's son AND step-son of Ragnar's son.

But apparently it's a different Guthrum b/c the one in Viking's just kicked the bucket. Not that anyone really cared about that character or even knew who he was.

Anyone else cringe at them trying to make Yarl Borgs sons death into something big?

Did the kid even do anything on the show.. I legit can't remember now

Anyone else cringe at them trying to make Yarl Borgs sons death into something big?

Did the kid even do anything on the show.. I legit can't remember now

I thought the same thing. Nobody gave a crap about that kid. They made it some huge deal. He was like the step son of a step uncle of a step son or something on the show. The ONLY thing that threw me off was that I assumed he was going to be the Chieften Guthrum who later fought Alfred. But clearly that's a different Guthrum.....heh.

"By 876, Guthrum had acquired various parts of the kingdoms of Merciaand Northumbria and then turned his attention to acquiring Wessex, where his first confrontation with Alfred took place on the south coast. Guthrum sailed his army around Poole Harbour and linked up with another Viking army that was invading the area between the Frome and Piddlerivers which was ruled by Alfred.[1] According to the historian Asser, Guthrum won his initial battle with Alfred, and he captured the castellumas well as the ancient square earthworks known as the Wareham, where there was a convent of nuns."

Complete and utter let down watching that episode. All the pieces in play to have an epic episode and they just shit the bed!

That cut/paste rewind editing was terrible. No problem showing all the different pre battle angles but cutting mid battle to show wtf they did an hour before what a terrible call by Hirst.

Imagine Battle of the Bastards having cut scenes to Jon Snow thinking of better days with Sam and Edd at the wall Jesus Christ

The Astrid/Lagertha scene like they are completely alone not in the intensity of a the battle took out any impact of the moment.

These hard ass warriors following a crippled Bieber as he treats them like complete shit is ridiculous.

This season felt like the "dumbest". It's like the writers are not even trying anymore.

The only cool thing about the new season was one of its final scenes, showing Rollo with a solemn and terrifying look. Can't wait till he comes back and wrecks shit.

Hello fellow Vikings fans.

I just wanted to steal a minute of your time and ask you to visit this thread and cast your votes for Lagertha herself, Katheryn Winnick, who really should be wining that poll by a larger margin than she is right now.

Let's go!

Hello fellow Vikings fans.

I just wanted to steal a minute of your time and ask you to visit this thread and cast your votes for Lagertha herself, Katheryn Winnick, who really should be wining that poll by a larger margin than she is right now.

Let's go!

I voted for Velez. lol

I voted for Velez. lol

DoubleFacePalm.jpg

Sorry to bother you good folks again, but if you could take a quick step to this thread and vote for Katheryn, that would be nice. ;)

Well, well. It seems Katheryn Winnick has her next gig lined up, so this doesn't bode well for Lagertha's continued survival past the second block of season 5.

katheryn-winnick-lewis-tan-tommy-flanagan-tzi-ma.jpg

Vikings star Katheryn Winnick, Lewis Tan (Into the Badlands), Sons of Anarchyalum Tommy Flanagan, and Tzi Ma (Meditation Park) are set as series regulars opposite Iko Uwais and Byron Mann in Netflix’s Wu Assassins, from Tony Krantz of Flame Ventures (24), John Wirth (Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles; Falling Skies) and Nomadic Pictures (Fargo, Hell on Wheels).

Written by Wirth, who also serves as showrunner, Wu Assassins, set in San Francisco’s Chinatown, is a martial arts crime series with supernatural elements. It stars Uwais as Kai Jin, who becomes the latest and last Wu Assassin, chosen to round up the powers of an ancient triad and restore balance once again. Mann plays Uncle Six.

Winnick will play Christine “C.G.” Gavin, an undercover cop caught in the middle of a gang war that’s breaking out in Chinatown. Tan will portray Lu Xin Lee, a suave, fierce intelligent leader who owns and operates his own custom garage a la West Coast Customs and runs a car theft ring for the Triad.

Flanagan is Alec McCullough, an international crime boss with a mysterious interest in San Francisco’s Chinatown. Ma will portray Mr. Young, a kindly Chinatown grocer and a mentor to Kai.

At least this new show will make better use of her martial arts skills. Judging by the cast, at least the fight choreography on this new show will be off the hook.

Back