Media Vinc Pichel issues statement after fight cancellation, Bonfim weight miss

More people should do this but I saw sherdogger report Pichel also weighed in at 157 lol
I'm guessing as a 40 year old man hearing his opponent miss weight by 4lbs he decided to stop cutting weight and get rehydrated.

Never mind I was wrong but if Pichel made weight he does have every right to be pissed off here.

He cut weight and made the lightweight limit in the additional time given while Bonfim refused to cut more weight.
Got you I just saw the sherdog reporting saying he missed weight and was being fined as well

Probably because some people will shit on him for not fighting a guy for blew weight by 3+ pounds the same way people shit on WB for doing the same
Pinchel blew weight by 1.5lbs while Bonfim blew it by 2.5lbs. I just think that Pincel's wording of "I decided to take away his ability to fight and make money" won't make him any friends among fighters. I understand not wanting to fight a guy coming in way over, but a pound when you know he's had a tough cut so his energy won't be 100%? Meh.

Pinchel blew weight by 1.5lbs while Bonfim blew it by 2.5lbs. I just think that Pincel's wording of "I decided to take away his ability to fight and make money" won't make him any friends among fighters. I understand not wanting to fight a guy coming in way over, but a pound when you know he's had a tough cut so his energy won't be 100%? Meh.
Apparently Pichel went back and cut to the LW limit and Bonfim declined to cut anymore so that’s the reason it was cancelled. I wonder if Bonfim would have attempted to cut again in the extra time allowed if they would have still fought …don’t really think Pichel cares to much about making friends tbh seems like an abrasive dude.

52rustam-khabilov-vs-vinc-pichel-720p-hd-3-german-suplexes-copy-2.gif

7WIJ.gif

Vinc didn’t want to take the beat down he was about to receive to took the easy out.

Back