Media Vintage Romero !

Why would the ref stop the fight? There's literally no time left in the fight and Yoel was walking away. There would be no further punishment for Polizzi. Did the ref have money on Yoel by stoppage?

The people that put money on the fight going to decision

<KhabibBS>

Can't be saved by the bell. If you're done, you're done.

#yoelbless

Romero never had the best gas tank...but it is definitely lower than his UFC days. His speed has diminished as well. He still has good technique and power. The other bloke looked out of it in the second round.
He's definitely far past his athletic prime, but he was such a phenomenal athlete even a greatly reduced Romero is still more athletic than many fighters. Never saw his opponent fight before but he was 10-1 and 4-1 in Bellator, so he seems like a decent fighter.

He's definitely far past his athletic prime, but he was such a phenomenal athlete even a greatly reduced Romero is still more athletic than many fighters. Never saw his opponent fight before but he was 10-1 and 4-1 in Bellator, so he seems like a decent fighter.
Polizzi is a good wrestler, but he has very below average standup. Yoel was able to prevent the takedowns and just picked him apart on the feet with his power

Polizzi is a good wrestler, but he has very below average standup. Yoel was able to prevent the takedowns and just picked him apart on the feet with his power

This performance is Romero he didn’t looker slower or less able to throw and see openings.

yes he is old. But a decade ago. Yoel would have fought this same exact fight.

Why would the ref stop the fight? There's literally no time left in the fight and Yoel was walking away. There would be no further punishment for Polizzi. Did the ref have money on Yoel by stoppage?

<KhabibBS>

Romero walked away after the ref waved off the fight

Polizzi is not some random can, BTW. His wrestling is fucking legit and he is known for his pace and his elite chainwrestling. He is ranked #7 in Bellator and is easily a top 20 LHW in the world. The fact Romero made him look like a chump is impressive. Romero's sprawl, in particular, was amazing.

I really hope Polizzi is getting paid a lot of money. He probably got CTE from his last 2 fights.

I think it was 30-27 Romero but his output was really low as per the usual, the other guy was worst lol.

I had rd 2 as a 10-8, The other guy literally didn't land a single punch and the only reason Romero didn't finish him was that he wanted to give him a prolonged beating until the very last second.

I had rd 2 as a 10-8, The other guy literally didn't land a single punch and the only reason Romero didn't finish him was that he wanted to give him a prolonged beating until the very last second.
Yup I gave Romero a 10-8 in round 2. Though I suppose if it had gone to decision I'd fancy r3 being a 10-8 as well, Romero did almost (or literally?) finish him

<KhabibBS>

Mike Beltran bro.

<LikeReally5>

Dude stops the Velasquez/Carmouche fight with 10 seconds left in the 4th of a title fight against the person winning because of the softest shots ever from crucifix with no warning, but he lets Polizzi get KO’d like 4 times and take a life-changing beating only to stop it after the bell when the guy literally can’t be hit anymore.

He’s the new Herb Dean, you never know what the fuck he is thinking.

Mike Beltran bro.

<LikeReally5>

Dude stops the Velasquez/Carmouche fight with 10 seconds left in the 4th of a title fight against the person winning because of the softest shots ever from crucifix with no warning, but he lets Polizzi get KO’d like 4 times and take a life-changing beating only to stop it after the bell when the guy literally can’t be hit anymore.

He’s the new Herb Dean, you never know what the fuck he is thinking.

This gentleman has done a terrible job at officiating these bouts and should have his license revoked.

My problem with that is the clock hits zero, ref goes in to stop it for the clock and then changes his mind and gives the fight to Yoel when the guy stumbles. I don't know man, it's the ref's decision I guess but I don't like it.

<KhabibBS>

Beltran just had that horrible early stoppage in the Carmouche fight, now he literally stops the fight after its over.

Back