News Virginia Commission releases UFC Norfolk Salaries

does the 30% forfeiture include win bonus (as calculated in this post) or just show money?

It is incredible that you can be a shit fighter, nothing special. But if you only are a heavyweight you stillget more than 90% of smaller guys.

*Doesn't include the Reebok pay

Joe B- $150K (flat)+$45K from Figueiredo missing weight=$195K
Figueiredo-$150K ($100K show, $50K win bonus)-$45K (30% penalty)=$105K
Tybura-$68K/$68K=$136K
Anderson-$40K/$40K=$80K+$50K POTN=$130K
Ankalaev-$33K/$33K=$66K
Pena-$24K/$24K=$48K
Spencer-$17K/$17K=$34K
Cutelaba-$33K
Dawson-$14K/$14K=$28K-$8,400 (30% penalty)=$19.6K
Allen-$12K/$12K=$24K
Brady-$12K/$12K=$24K
Phillips-$10K/$10K=$20K+$50K FOTN=$70K
Griffin-$10K/$10K=$20K+$50K POTN=$70K
Carlyle-$10K/$10K=$20K
Spivak-$14K/$14K=$28K
Garcia-$12K/$12K=$24K
Minner-$10K+$8,400 for Dawson missing weight=$18.4K
Silva-$10K+$50K FOTN=$60K
Dumont-$10K
Brown-$10K
Breese-$10K
Fairn dos Santos-$10K

https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2020/3/...cal-suspensions-benavidez-figueiredo-mma-news
Kinda sad it had to be explained to anybody that DFig made more thank 5,000$ for a world title fight in the ufc lol

still 150k for Joey B while the Reem is still clearing 800 Grand a night in 2020, what is this boxing?? “Big guy more fun to watch small guy no knock out!!!”

I think the complaints would be about the fourteen people on the card making less than 15K base pay.
Well that’s pretty good pay too for a nobody with no name and no record fighting on a nothing card

you don’t see that kind of pay in other places

Well that’s pretty good pay too for a nobody with no name and no record fighting on a nothing card

you don’t see that kind of pay in other places

True. The nobodies at the bottom of a Bellator card are making $1K/$1K.

And before anyone responds with "they can have sponsors"...gtfo, those nobodies aren't getting anything significant from sponsors

the penalty is against your total purse

Just the show money, ok maybe I'm wrong

The Breese figure is probably wrong, I'd guess 22k but maybe Junkie will query the real figure.

Just the show money

The Breese figure is probably wrong, I'd guess 22k but maybe Junkie will query the real figure.

No, it's total purse. It makes logical sense for it to be the total purse given the advantage the overweight fighter has (and how often they win).

Unless you have a source (and I Googled before responding, and nothing came up about it being only for show), then admit you were only guessing.

So with his Reebok bundle, Joe B got $225K to get embarrassed in front of his girl?

I hope he saves his money.

Breese has six fights and he's still stuck at 10/10? That doesn't seem right.
Maybe he took money upfront since he barely makes the walk to the cage nowadays.

Garcia money must be wrong as he lost.

No, it's total purse. It makes logical sense for it to be the total purse given the advantage the overweight fighter has (and how often they win).

Unless you have a source (and I Googled before responding, and nothing came up about it being only for show), then admit you were only guessing.

About Breese's pay a guess sure, don't believe it was only 10k though. Also I edited my post to say maybe I got it wrong about the bonus because things do change, in the past there have been plenty of examples of fighters not getting a share of the win bonus, its been a common complaint, so perhaps they fixed it.

who is paying better than the UFC?

No one because no one is making anywhere near their revenue. That's why this has always been a facetious argument. Certainly other organizations have been and continue to pay a much higher percentage of the revenue.

Dumont-$10K
Brown-$10K
Breese-$10K
Fairn dos Santos-$10K

Thats sad

It is incredible that you can be a shit fighter, nothing special. But if you only are a heavyweight you stillget more than 90% of smaller guys.
Maybe it's my big man bias, but that sounds about right to me. People would rather watch big guys fight than manlets and women.

Back