Social Virginia police officer fired for donating to Rittenhouse defense fund

Should this be grounds for termination?

• Total voters
I actually am not a fan of people like Rittenhouse. I can even agree that maybe he had no reason to be there.
I can't agree that him being there should have endangered his life. 2 people tried to murder him and got what they deserved.

don’t forget the one that survived. Give him a hand-he is down one

From your link.

From my article.

Yours agrees with mine, it just has far less detail. That you still insist he incontrovertibly broke the law means you either didn't bother to read the notes in your own link and/or you didn't bother to read the article I gave you.

In short, he wasn't hunting so he couldn't be non-compliant on the legal requirements to hunt. So he's in compliance with hunting laws (i.e. not breaking any), is over 16, and the rifle wasn't an NFA item. Therefore he met all the exceptions to the prohibition and was not in violation of the law pertaining to possession of the rifle.

This is why I advised you to read the statues instead of relying on the cherry-picking of others.
I read yours and ofcourse mine (links). He broke the law because he was not hunting. As he was not hunting, and not receiving firearms instruction, he was too young to legally own/possess a firearm.

You are saying the Journal Sentinel, who would know Wisconsin laws, other maintream media and the other website I linked to are all wrong, but your website is right?

I read yours and ofcourse mine (links). He broke the law because he was not hunting. As he was not hunting, and not receiving firearms instruction, he was too young to legally own/possess a firearm.

The state can make that argument. The statute itself doesn't say what you claim. It doesn't say the exception is " lawfully engaged in the act of hunting". It says "in compliance" with requirements to obtain hunting approval. So I'd say your claim he needed to be hunting is objectively false. The case to be made is that he would have needed to be able to fulfill some requirement for eligibility to obtain a hunting license, or have obtained a license.

Regarding instruction.

(a) This section does not apply to a person under 18 years of age who possesses or is armed with a dangerous weapon when the dangerous weapon is being used in target practice under the supervision of an adult or in a course of instruction in the traditional and proper use of the dangerous weapon under the supervision of an adult.

I'd actually make the case he was receiving instruction. Notice the adults he was with never got arrested for carrying a weapon for self-protection while watching over property. Seems that's a traditional and proper use of a firearm and he was receiving live training on carrying in public. Just like with driving instruction, you learn by getting out there in live situations.

You are saying the Journal Sentinel, who would know Wisconsin laws, other maintream media and the other website I linked to are all wrong, but your website is right?

Spare me the appeal to authority. There's legal experts out there who agree that the law (in regards to hunting) is at best ambiguous on the matter. I'd think anyone being honest, regardless of which side of this case they fall on, could acknowledge that.

He fucked up and he knew it. That's why he donated anonymously.

Firing him sux but it makes sense. A police department that wants to maintain the image of neutrality cannot have its representatives donating to controversial causes and stating unequivocally that one side is right vs. wrong before a trial. It hurts the department's credibility and officers need to be cognizant of that, regardless of how they feel on the personal side.
An impartial government shouldn't allow it's employees to appear otherwise. I agree.

Odd that you don't hold this view when it comes to upholding secular appearances while on the job. :D Just a shot going back to one of our old discussions. Not trying to pick a fight.

An impartial government shouldn't allow it's employees to appear otherwise. I agree.

Odd that you don't hold this view when it comes to upholding secular appearances while on the job. :D Just a shot going back to one of our old discussions. Not trying to pick a fight.
Probably because the job we were discussing didn't require secular or religious consideration to do. Policing however is completely connected to the judicial process.

I wouldn't expect a police officer to maintain neutrality on all issues, they are entitled to their opinions. But on matters that are related to their general job duties, such as criminal vs. non-criminal behavior and trials, they should.

You're a far-right terrorist in America for defending yourself against far-left violent thugs

They get away with everything except murder.
I think they actually did get away with murder during the BLM riots and they almost beat a guy to death in portland.

Probably because the job we were discussing didn't require secular or religious consideration to do. Policing however is completely connected to the judicial process.

I wouldn't expect a police officer to maintain neutrality on all issues, they are entitled to their opinions. But on matters that are related to their general job duties, such as criminal vs. non-criminal behavior and trials, they should.
The appearance of impartiality is the appearance of impartiality. Public servants can't predict who they will come into contact with, hence they can't predict how their appearance of not being impartial will influence the interaction.

But yeah, a cop can't seem to be taking sides in an ongoing case.

The appearance of impartiality is the appearance of impartiality. Public servants can't predict who they will come into contact with, hence they can't predict how their appearance of not being impartial will influence the interaction.

But yeah, a cop can't seem to be taking sides in an ongoing case.
That's the balancing act with government employees and personal opinions.

He didn't get fired for donating money. He got fired for saying:

“God bless. Thank you for your courage. Keep your head up. You’ve done nothing wrong.”
Well, again, he's not wrong. From all the evidence, Kyle was clearly using self defense. So he's right, he did do nothing wrong.
Lol the only people I know supporting the skateboarder dude, are other shithead skaters that have no grasp over politics or the law. In what universe is it justifiable for you to run over and hit a dude over the head with a skateboard as he's being jumped, then add in the fact the guy being jumped has a ar-15.

Nor does it take away from the fact that evyerone involved in that besides kyle rittenhouse had bad charges. Guy with the throaway sotlen pistol that was shot point blank in the arm as confirmed by a plethora of combat veterans based on his wound, that guy had a bunch of pedo charges that were already on his record among a few others I think that were pending. That skateboarder dude wasn't a shining example but I forget the exact info about him.

Now if you look at Rittenhouse he's a shining example of what doing the right thing up until that point would look like. Kid was a part of his youth police program, and had no run-ins with the law and seemingly was a good kid.

Now you can't even make remotely the same article about the other two dudes involved. Like that dude who got killed who hit him with the skateboard. Some shit head skateboarders that I've probably come across or skated by in the SF bay area fucking attacked a local youtube fisherman and left him crippled and missing around half his brain because they decided it was a great idea to hit him over the head with a skateboard. The worst part about that was that the judge that oversaw the case let them all walk, yet that man's been bedridden for the last 2-3 years and will never really get the chance to continue doing what he did.

@jk7707 and @D 1 Wrestler I bet you get your news from domestic sources based upon how indoctrinated you come off. You seem to only see the far left and far-right view, which is why you are so subjective about this situation. God forbid you to look at it in a more objective, moderate fashion. Also, your mental schemas are all fucked to the point where you are prejudice as hell but it just so happens to fit within your ingroup biases, but that's okay if you don't mind living in a constant state of cognitive dissonance like you have been instrumentally conditioned to.

He is correct the video shows every one Rittenhouse shot were trying to attack him. It’s a clear cut case of self defense.
Not if you only listen and pay attention to news that fits into your schemas and reinforces your ingroup biases. Also, logic and critical thinking aren't a strong suit for anywhere that far off on any side of the political spectrum and you can see that come out in the plethora of news articles on topics like this.

THE LEVELS OF COGNITIVE DISSONANCE IN THIS COUNTRY IS TOO DAMN HIGH- SAMUEL L PHSYOLOGJACKSON

Shit, we need a cognitive dissonance belt, and @jk7707 and @D 1 Wrestler can fight for the title.

And the rioters had no business in Kenosha that night destroying a city that wasn't theirs. On top of the fact that if they weren't there, they wouldn't have been shot while attacking a 17 year old.

Your argument is flawed and has been debunked multiple times.

That is why we employ law enforcement officers.

Minors should not be paying adults to buy guns for them so that they can play cop.

I actually am not a fan of people like Rittenhouse. I can even agree that maybe he had no reason to be there.
I can't agree that him being there should have endangered his life. 2 people tried to murder him and got what they deserved.

I have no problem with someone legit defending their own life or that of their family.

I have a huge problem when a minor pays an adult to buy them a gun so that they can play cop in another state.

Let me guess, that fact he does have a personal stake in the community (i.e. he worked there as a lifeguard) will do nothing to change your opinion? And you'll ignore the facts of him helping to clean graffiti off a school building and him being out offering medic services to protestors that night?

I don't live in the town in which I work and I sure as shit feel a connection to it. That's been the case many times in my life. Maybe you've never traveled for work.

I have no problem with a minor who volunteers to remove graffiti, tries to help people who are hurt, etc...but having worked there as a lifeguard does little to sway my opinion that this minor should not have paid an adult to buy him a gun so that he could assume the role of law enforcement officials.

Not sure why government employees lose free speech rights.

Beyond that, was the fired officer in the jurisdiction of this case? If not he's got nothing to do with it, so there's no case to be made that somehow his personal views have polluted the process. If his firing all hinges on the use of company email for personal business then why not fire everyone whose done the same? Because this is a political persecution.

Lol the only people I know supporting the skateboarder dude, are other shithead skaters that have no grasp over politics or the law. In what universe is it justifiable for you to run over and hit a dude over the head with a skateboard as he's being jumped, then add in the fact the guy being jumped has a ar-15.

Nor does it take away from the fact that evyerone involved in that besides kyle rittenhouse had bad charges. Guy with the throaway sotlen pistol that was shot point blank in the arm as confirmed by a plethora of combat veterans based on his wound, that guy had a bunch of pedo charges that were already on his record among a few others I think that were pending. That skateboarder dude wasn't a shining example but I forget the exact info about him.

Now if you look at Rittenhouse he's a shining example of what doing the right thing up until that point would look like. Kid was a part of his youth police program, and had no run-ins with the law and seemingly was a good kid.

Now you can't even make remotely the same article about the other two dudes involved. Like that dude who got killed who hit him with the skateboard. Some shit head skateboarders that I've probably come across or skated by in the SF bay area fucking attacked a local youtube fisherman and left him crippled and missing around half his brain because they decided it was a great idea to hit him over the head with a skateboard. The worst part about that was that the judge that oversaw the case let them all walk, yet that man's been bedridden for the last 2-3 years and will never really get the chance to continue doing what he did.

@jk7707 and @D 1 Wrestler I bet you get your news from domestic sources based upon how indoctrinated you come off. You seem to only see the far left and far-right view, which is why you are so subjective about this situation. God forbid you to look at it in a more objective, moderate fashion. Also, your mental schemas are all fucked to the point where you are prejudice as hell but it just so happens to fit within your ingroup biases, but that's okay if you don't mind living in a constant state of cognitive dissonance like you have been instrumentally conditioned to.

Yea a shining example "doing the right thing". Who was breaking the law just by being where he was in possession of the gun he used to kill 2 people.

Point is, the cop got fired for publicly taking sides in a controversial criminal case, NOT anonymously donating money as the thread title suggests.

Last edited:
Eh, you started out like you were trying to have a genuine conversation about this and then you kind of came unravelled making it about Republicans and shit. But I'll bite...

Are you ignoring the first clip where he was being chased by a crowd and fired on?

He was "fleeing" by running directly to where the police were. He even told Krossgreutz this, who then preceded to tell others around him to get Rittenhouse. They were trying to get to him before he could get to the police.

I mean, Krossgruetz literally had a gun pointed to the back of Rittenhouse's head. He was going to execute him.
None of what you say is true. He was fleeing because he shot a person. He was being chased because he shot a person. And if anyone had pulled out a gun and shot Kyle, they would have shot an active shooter. They would be a hero.

As I said - he will be sentenced for murder, because what he infact did, was murder.

And you do understand that only republicans do not see it like that, right? Which is why no matter what, this is political. Republicans are actively defending a murderer, and blaming the victims because the murderers political views allign with theirs.

A few facts -
"“Rosenbaum appears to be unarmed for the duration of this video,” McNeill wrote. “A review of the second video shows that the defendant and Rosenbaum continue to move across the parking lot and approach and approach the front of a black car parked in the lot.”"

"Unprompted, Rittenhouse aimed his rifle at the 24-year-old Black man. He began shouting at Jeremiah, who shouted back.
“I’m trying to get out of here. If you’re gonna shoot me, just shoot!” Jeremiah said.
Rittenhouse didn’t fire. A few moments later, however, Jeremiah saw him point the gun at someone else.
This time, Rittenhouse did shoot, he said."

An in-depth profile of Rittenhouse by USA Today indicates the teen considers himself to be part of a militia.

McGinnis(reporter who interviewed Kyle) said he had handled several AR rifles over the years, told investigators Rittenhouse was “not handling the weapon very well,” the criminal complaint states.

Rittenhouse appears to have answered the call of the Kenosha Guard, a self-proclaimed militia group that issued a “call to arms” on Facebook.

No one threw Kyle to the ground - he tripped over his own feet.

And just so you don't scream fake news(u probably will anyway though) - all of that is from Fox news.
https://www.fox23.com/news/trending...otesters-killings/DF3G3T5U65FQVCORO5XZPTR57Y/

Last edited:
None of what you say is true. He was fleeing because he shot a person. He was being chased because he shot a person. And if anyone had pulled out a gun and shot Kyle, they would have shot an active shooter. They would be a hero.

Actually, everything I say is backed up by video evidence. You can't spin video footage. You're also ignoring why Rittenhouse shot the first guy. I'm sure it's intentional, but the only thing Kyle was fleeing was the violent mob chasing him and firing guns in his direction. This was before the first person was shot. After that, Rittenhouse was indeed fleeing, but not because he shot someone. He was running from a crowd that was still trying to kill him and in the direction of police officers. Usually when someone flees the scene after shooting someone, they don't run right to the police.

As I said - he will be sentenced for murder, because what he infact did, was murder.

Sounds like you don't know what the word murder means.

And you do understand that only republicans do not see it like that, right? Which is why no matter what, this is political. Republicans are actively defending a murderer, and blaming the victims because the murderers political views allign with theirs.

I don't give a shit what Republicans think about this, but it's ridiculous you want to roll them into this. But okay. The reality is that BLM and Antifa are Left leaning groups funded by other Left leaning people with money, backed by the media and Democrats. This was politicized because somebody dared to stand up to them and not allow themselves to get murdered.

A few facts -
"“Rosenbaum appears to be unarmed for the duration of this video,” McNeill wrote. “A review of the second video shows that the defendant and Rosenbaum continue to move across the parking lot and approach and approach the front of a black car parked in the lot.”"

That's a pretty hilarious way to describe Rosenbaum, and the mob firing guns, chasing after Rittenhouse and cornering him in a parking lot.

"Unprompted, Rittenhouse aimed his rifle at the 24-year-old Black man.

Lol smh... So unbiased.

He began shouting at Jeremiah, who shouted back.
“I’m trying to get out of here. If you’re gonna shoot me, just shoot!” Jeremiah said.
Rittenhouse didn’t fire. A few moments later, however, Jeremiah saw him point the gun at someone else.
This time, Rittenhouse did shoot, he said."

Is that in the video? Because it sounds like bullshit. Even if it did happen, it changes nothing about Rittenhouse defending himself.

An in-depth profile of Rittenhouse by USA Today indicates the teen considers himself to be part of a militia.

Cool opinion. Means fuck all.

McGinnis(reporter who interviewed Kyle) said he had handled several AR rifles over the years, told investigators Rittenhouse was “not handling the weapon very well,” the criminal complaint states.

Rittenhouse appears to have answered the call of the Kenosha Guard, a self-proclaimed militia group that issued a “call to arms” on Facebook.

No one threw Kyle to the ground - he tripped over his own feet.

Who cares if he was thrown down or tripped? You're obsessing over meaningless details. What matters is he was on the ground and a mob was trying to stomp him. One guy tried to smash his head with a skateboard and paid the price. Another guy faked surrender and then tried to execute Rittenhouse with a gun to the head. He got off easy.

And just so you don't scream fake news(u probably will anyway though) - all of that is from Fox news.
https://www.fox23.com/news/trending...otesters-killings/DF3G3T5U65FQVCORO5XZPTR57Y/

You're an idiot if you think I believe everything Fox News writes.

That is why we employ law enforcement officers.

Minors should not be paying adults to buy guns for them so that they can play cop.
The democratic mayor told the cops to stand down.

so nobody was going to come save their city, but the people themselves.

the Hero of Kenosha did, and saved the day. His actions of self defense forced the mayor to shut the rioting down, saving the city.

I take it you didn't see the video where as a high school drop out he beats up a girl half his size at the park

Back