Media Vladimir Putin has offered his support in Abdulmanap's fight against Covid.

you can't fix stupid indeed. Throwing all that venom and personal attacks at me all because I'm not some follower who lacks critical thinking ability and doesn't just blindly believe anything I hear from the media.

Again, you didn't even read the thing you are citing. And indeed you lack critical thinking.

Efficacy of hydroxychloroquine in patients with COVID-19: results of a randomized clinical trial
Zhaowei Chen, View ORCID ProfileJijia Hu, Zongwei Zhang, Shan Jiang, Shoumeng Han, Dandan Yan, Ruhong Zhuang, Ben Hu, View ORCID ProfileZhan Zhang
doi: https://doi.org/10.1101/2020.03.22.20040758
This article is a preprint and has not been peer-reviewed [what does this mean?]. It reports new medical research that has yet to be evaluated and so should not be used to guide clinical practice.

I'm gonna take these a bit out of order if you don't mind.

just goes to show how blindly people just believe anything that comes from the MSM. Sad really
Hope you're not insinuating that's me here. Nothing I said was wrong. And the AMA, CDC, FDA, & WHO are not MSM.

the protocol used by doctors thus far has been widely successful, not just here but all over the world
And yet comes with cautions on almost every developed country that has allowed it so far. Don't get me wrong, I hope continued studies keep the trend that people are reporting it does. I only wish it was done in greater amounts earlier, on previous SARS-Cov to the degree that a better longitudinal meta-analysis would have been available at the start of this outbreak, instead of just trying to catch up on the fly.

people took chloroquine from fish tanks, not hydrocloroquine. huge difference. They had no idea what they were doing and died for it.
Hydroxychloroquine* And there's not too much chemically different when it comes to drug interactions. But yeah, that is true. I did mention they desperately tried to self medicate, was just letting the previous guy know that (as should be obvious) trying to take a drug without any pharmaceutical knowledge is the worst thing you can do.

this is one I've been following in particular. Wealth of knowledge he is. It seems there was a petition signed by over 1000 doctors to the FDA touting the wide success in treating patients with hydrocloroquine
Did you mean to put Ice9's twitter up here instead of at the end of the post? Interesting info, I like empirical investigation, as long as sources are cited.

Last edited:
That is your source? Seriously? That is the best you can do? Did you even read further or just accept the tweet?

The study does not show what you think.<LikeReally5>
I have been paying attention to that side of things from very early on. There's a lot of information I've come across.

it's simply a matter of backtracking

But I'd suggest following a few of these doctors

It paints a very different picture

the reality is that many have been using it to treat patients and very successfully

this is one I've been following in particular for a while

https://mobile.twitter.com/__ice9

https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMoa2012410

Clinical guidance at our medical center has been updated to remove the suggestion that patients with Covid-19 be treated with hydroxychloroquine. In our analysis involving a large sample of consecutive patients who had been hospitalized with Covid-19, hydroxychloroquine use was not associated with a significantly higher or lower risk of intubation or death (hazard ratio, 1.04; 95% CI, 0.82 to 1.32). The study results should not be taken to rule out either benefit or harm of hydroxychloroquine treatment, given the observational design and the 95% confidence interval, but the results do not support the use of hydroxychloroquine at present, outside randomized clinical trials testing its efficacy.

Oh wow so Putin is actually flying Dr. Tito Ortiz to Russia?

Again, you didn't even read the thing you are citing. And indeed you lack critical thinking.

Efficacy of hydroxychloroquine in patients with COVID-19: results of a randomized clinical trial
Zhaowei Chen, View ORCID ProfileJijia Hu, Zongwei Zhang, Shan Jiang, Shoumeng Han, Dandan Yan, Ruhong Zhuang, Ben Hu, View ORCID ProfileZhan Zhang
doi: https://doi.org/10.1101/2020.03.22.20040758
This article is a preprint and has not been peer-reviewed [what does this mean?]. It reports new medical research that has yet to be evaluated and so should not be used to guide clinical practice.

Says the guy who blindly believes anything spouted by the FDA / WHO who have always been largely politically influenced

at this point you're just ignoring any data which goes against your narrative.

Putin's handling of Covid-19 has been terrible. By the end of summer they will rival the US in incompetence, and deaths.
So what would you do instead?

He can make anyone disappear
He's a magican, you say?

You are right about Brazil. Their tin-pot leader is leading that country to disaster. I didn't know they their health care system wasn't socialized. Thanks you learn something on Sherdog every day.

Regarding Russia, their death count is woefully undercounted. And regardless of how they try to classify the deaths, their numbers are projected to increase dramatically.
They might be undercounted or usa's might me overcounted.

Provide the petition. It does not exist. I know you'll send me a link to some nonsense referencing it.

It does not exist. The study you cited via a crackpot doctor on Twitter also does not support your claim.
It's kind of funny though how some people can be so narrow minded yet act as if from a position of authority

You seem quite confident that it doesn't exist with zero research on the topic whatsoever. A strong testament to how you think and how strong your confirmation biases are

Last edited:
Dr. Rahimian says patients in the more critical stages of infection did not fare as well. And he cautioned that more research is needed - in particular a randomized controlled trial - to prove how and how well the drug combination works.

https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jama/fullarticle/2766117

More testing needs to be done. Differing results is what meta-data is for.
There's a bunch of things, I'm just kind of backtracking on what I've discovered.

haven't really been keeping up lately

every source of data, combined with the significant amount of anecdotal data from doctors paint a reasonable picture of hydroxychloroquine being an effective treatment

off the top of my head, zinc slows vital replication and hydroxychloroquine is a zinc ionophore, meaning it drives zinc more deeply into the cells. The high doses of zinc in combination seems like a key reason for its effectiveness

you can't fix stupid indeed. Throwing all that venom and personal attacks at me all because I'm not some follower who lacks critical thinking ability and doesn't just blindly believe anything I hear from the media.

I would be very hesitant to believe any science or pubs coming out of China.

When I was doing my MSc in Chemistry I used to try to reproduce experiments and reactions published there, wish abysmal results. Of course, once in a while a paper would work as reported and was well cited. But more often then not, either the outcomes were exaggerated or just didn't work at all.

The best treatment I think for any virus is: juicing green leafy vegetables organic mixed with turmeric, ginger and sumac berries. Alkaline water 2 big bottles a day! Stay away from any sugar or starchy foods and eat 2 eggs whole for vitamin D and b plus some tuna fish and Brazil nuts! All these will keep ur blood oxygenated and also keep inflammation under control so ur body doesn’t overreact and make things worse!

I'm gonna take these a bit out of order if you don't mind.

Hope you're not insinuating that's me here. Nothing I said was wrong. And the AMA, CDC, FDA, & WHO are not MSM.

And yet comes with cautions on almost every developed country that has allowed it so far. Don't get me wrong, I hope continued studies keep the trend that people are reporting it does. I only wish it was done in greater amounts earlier, on previous SARS-Cov to the degree that a better longitudinal meta-analysis would have been available at the start of this outbreak, instead of just trying to catch up on the fly.

Hydroxychloroquine* And there's not too much chemically different when it comes to drug interactions. But yeah, that is true. I did mention they desperately tried to self medicate, was just letting the previous guy know that (as should be obvious) trying to take a drug without any pharmaceutical knowledge is the worst thing you can do.

Did you mean to put Ice9's twitter up here instead of at the end of the post? Interesting info, I like empirical investigation, as long as sources are cited.
useful data that adds to the pot
https://www.wsj.com/articles/these-...38?redirect=amp#click=https://t.co/5uS1izIxfh

Data on the effectiveness of another anti malaria drug
https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1245903111304228865.html

Multicountry study, 6200 physicians involved on the effectiveness of various treatments
https://www.sermo.com/press-release...atment-patterns-and-puts-pandemic-in-context/

Says the guy who blindly believes anything spouted by the FDA / WHO who have always been largely politically influenced

at this point you're just ignoring any data which goes against your narrative.

As with every source you have attempted to cite, you didn't do your research.

A Case Series of Hydroxychloroquine Versus Control
In a case series from France, 26 hospitalized adults with SARS-CoV-2 infection categorized as asymptomatic or with upper or lower respiratory tract infection who received hydroxychloroquine 200 mg three times daily for 10 days were compared to 16 control individuals (i.e., who refused treatment, did not meet eligibility criteria, or were from a different clinic).13

Results:
  • Six patients in the hydroxychloroquine group were excluded from the analysis for the following reasons:
    • One patient died.
    • Three patients were transferred to the ICU.
    • One patient stopped taking the study drug due to nausea.
    • One patient withdrew from the study.
  • Six patients also received azithromycin.
  • By Day 6, nasopharyngeal (NP) PCRs were negative in 14 of 20 (70%) hydroxychloroquine-treated patients and 2 of 16 (12.5%) controls.
  • Among the hydroxychloroquine patients, 8 of 14 (57.1%) patients who received only hydroxychloroquine and 6 of 6 (100%) patients who received hydroxychloroquine and azithromycin had negative NP PCRs by Day 6.
  • Clinical outcomes for all patients were not reported.
Limitations:
  • There are several methodologic concerns with this case series:
    • The sample size of the series is small.
    • The criteria for enrollment of cases and controls is unclear.
    • Asymptomatic individuals were enrolled.
    • Exclusion of six hydroxychloroquine patients includes one death and three ICU transfers.
    • No clinical outcomes were reported; thus, the clinical significance of a negative PCR is unknown.
    • The reason for the addition of azithromycin for some patients is unclear.
Interpretation:
Methodologic problems with this case series limit the ability to draw conclusions regarding the efficacy of hydroxychloroquine with or without azithromycin.

https://covid19treatmentguidelines.nih.gov/antiviral-therapy/chloroquine-or-hydroxychloroquine/

Gautret had a lot of issues. And none of your sources are peer reviewed, though I suspect because of your background you don't understand why that is important in the science and medical community.

"To address the implications of this oversight, we re-analysed the control and hydroxychloroquine-treated patient data from Gautret et al. table 3, excluding the missing datasets noted above (see table S1 in appendix 1). There were no significant differences between the virological clearance rates of control and hydroxychloroquine-treated patients on treatment days 3, 4, 5, or 6 (fig. 1A, table S1). This is in stark contrast to the analysis of Gautret et al, analysis, which reported significant differences between the groups starting as early as day 3 and persisting until day 6."

https://smw.ch/article/doi/smw.2020.20262

As with every source you have attempted to cite, you didn't do your research.

A Case Series of Hydroxychloroquine Versus Control
In a case series from France, 26 hospitalized adults with SARS-CoV-2 infection categorized as asymptomatic or with upper or lower respiratory tract infection who received hydroxychloroquine 200 mg three times daily for 10 days were compared to 16 control individuals (i.e., who refused treatment, did not meet eligibility criteria, or were from a different clinic).13

Results:
  • Six patients in the hydroxychloroquine group were excluded from the analysis for the following reasons:
    • One patient died.
    • Three patients were transferred to the ICU.
    • One patient stopped taking the study drug due to nausea.
    • One patient withdrew from the study.
  • Six patients also received azithromycin.
  • By Day 6, nasopharyngeal (NP) PCRs were negative in 14 of 20 (70%) hydroxychloroquine-treated patients and 2 of 16 (12.5%) controls.
  • Among the hydroxychloroquine patients, 8 of 14 (57.1%) patients who received only hydroxychloroquine and 6 of 6 (100%) patients who received hydroxychloroquine and azithromycin had negative NP PCRs by Day 6.
  • Clinical outcomes for all patients were not reported.
Limitations:
  • There are several methodologic concerns with this case series:
    • The sample size of the series is small.
    • The criteria for enrollment of cases and controls is unclear.
    • Asymptomatic individuals were enrolled.
    • Exclusion of six hydroxychloroquine patients includes one death and three ICU transfers.
    • No clinical outcomes were reported; thus, the clinical significance of a negative PCR is unknown.
    • The reason for the addition of azithromycin for some patients is unclear.
Interpretation:
Methodologic problems with this case series limit the ability to draw conclusions regarding the efficacy of hydroxychloroquine with or without azithromycin.

https://covid19treatmentguidelines.nih.gov/antiviral-therapy/chloroquine-or-hydroxychloroquine/

Gautret had a lot of issues. And none of your sources are peer reviewed, though I suspect because of your background you don't understand why that is important in the science and medical community.

"To address the implications of this oversight, we re-analysed the control and hydroxychloroquine-treated patient data from Gautret et al. table 3, excluding the missing datasets noted above (see table S1 in appendix 1). There were no significant differences between the virological clearance rates of control and hydroxychloroquine-treated patients on treatment days 3, 4, 5, or 6 (fig. 1A, table S1). This is in stark contrast to the analysis of Gautret et al, analysis, which reported significant differences between the groups starting as early as day 3 and persisting until day 6."

https://smw.ch/article/doi/smw.2020.20262
I did, but I see them all as pieces of a puzzle forming a more complete picture rather than a sole source by which the point can be argued

I posted a few things at the end of the 3rd page as well.

would be interested to hear what you think

There's a bunch more I found that I'm missing but I lost my phone last week so I have to dig to find everything again and I'm tired as fuck

Back