Media Volk Interview : "I Wanna See How Easily He Breaks When Things Don't Go To Plan”

Well,he is bigger than they are,and he knocked Tibau out with one punch. So we can say that he is not a weak puncher,and again he is a big LW and they are FW's

He's only hurt like three guys standing in his entire UFC career.....I'm not buying that he's a bigger puncher than everyone volk has fought at FW

He's only hurt like three guys standing in his entire UFC career.....I'm not buying that he's a bigger puncher than everyone volk has fought at FW
He's not a fw tho. It's ok bro. It really isn't the end of the world.

He beat Aldo after Max already beat Aldo. Mma is a very young sport, every time a new champ arrives we’re talking about whether they’re a divisional GOAt if they defend once or twice. Volk is very good but lately people have been acting like he has a jon Jones or GSP type resume. He fought one guy 3 times, when you look at his resume it’s good but people act like it’s amazing. Islam doesn’t have a great resume either, but my point is in mma resumes tell you very little. There are guys far down the rankings that would beat top 5 guys with very good resumes. Comparing resumes is a huge reason why so many on here mistakenly thought Charles would beat islam when it was pretty clear from the style matchup that islam was gonna win.
GSP sure I'll give you, Jones though? Volk already has a better resume and career than Jon Jones by dint of the fact he's never failed a drug test while Jones was juiced to his fecking eyeballs in multiple fights if not his entire career. Guy's whole career is one big asterisk at this point.

I think Volk will put up more of a fight than many think, and Islam will have a hard time getting that clinch in the beginning with how well Alex moves. Once Islam works that out though, it's gonna get rough in a hurry for Alex. Islam is too strong and too skilled to get peppered for 5 rounds methinks.

I look forward to “Volk isn’t a LW, Beniel will KO Islam” posts in a few months time.

What makes you think islam hits harder than Mendes, Aldo, or KZ? Just Because he dropped a chinny oliveira?
He is heavier. Mendes hits pretty hard though so that was an oversight.

The Dagestani fight mascot is a dwarf. They are also mostly under 6ft. Not sure why Islam is making this a height thing. Volk on a wrestling heavy training camp could offer islam a lot of problems.
they just love their own breed

Islam will smesh. Kind of a mismatch imo.

that's because he submits them

Back