Rewatch Volk vs Islam...(The absolute truth about who won)

4-1 Islam

It was cool and fun that Volk had a big finish to the final round, but this was not a remotely difficult fight to score, and it was not close.

Islam was braining Volk with big counter punches repeatedly. Shaking your head and nodding doesn't make it not score.

I had Islam winning 3-2 fight night and one round I gave to Volk iffy

Just watched the fight again.

I wanted Volk to win, but decided to put that aside and score it fairly.

Round 1 - Islam.
Round 2 - Volk.
Round 3 - Even.
Round 4 - Islam.
Round 5 - Volk.

The fight was a draw.

Agree?
You have to be an absolute Volk homer to give him Rd 2.

"Those little punches when someone has your back are meaningless" lmao.

I scored the 4th, and the fight for Volk. Great fight, would/will pay to see rematch.
Even Volk doesn't think he won the 4th. You're more catholic than the Pope.

While the general conclusion of your post was correct, the way in which you arrived there was wrong.

The fight was, indeed, a draw, because the correct scoring of the fight is the following:

R1 - Islam
R2 - Draw
R3 - Volk
R4 - Islam
R5 - Volk

I honestly cant comprehend how anyone could score it differently.

I scored it 49-46 all three times I watched it. I wasn't surprised that at least one person (or in this case, two judges) gave Volk two rounds.

For context or comparison's sake, I was surprised that two judges gave Holloway two rounds against Volk at UFC 245 (their first of three fights).

Not even close, everyone seems to be scoring this fight on a curve. Islam clearly won at least 3 rounds, and there’s a good argument he was pitching a shutout going into the 5th.

Just because Volk exceeded expectations doesn’t mean he won the fight. Clear Islam UD, anyone who thinks differently doesn’t know how to score a fight.
Everyone saying that if there was another round or two, Volk would have finished him. LMAO why these turds think that? And if that were the case, then all the fault goes onto Volk. No matter a 3 round or 5 round fight, at the end of the fight, you should have used up at least 100% of the gas tank. Not leaving it out all in the ring is only your fault when you lose.

Not even close, everyone seems to be scoring this fight on a curve. Islam clearly won at least 3 rounds, and there’s a good argument he was pitching a shutout going into the 5th.

Just because Volk exceeded expectations doesn’t mean he won the fight. Clear Islam UD, anyone who thinks differently doesn’t know how to score a fight.

More accurately - anyone who thinks different is not biased by religion or country of origin. It was clearly a close fight that could be scored for both fighters...a draw was probably the best end-result.

Everyone saying that if there was another round or two, Volk would have finished him. LMAO why these turds think that? And if that were the case, then all the fault goes onto Volk. No matter a 3 round or 5 round fight, at the end of the fight, you should have used up at least 100% of the gas tank. Not leaving it out all in the ring is only your fault when you lose.

Did you watch the fight? The fight ended with Volk reigning down blows on Islam who laying on his back trying to survive. Watch the fight from 27:10 on and you will see why people felt Volk would have finished Islam in another round. Also, how many champs finish a fight on their back getting their ass kicked?

Clearly Volk is Double Champ and P4P #1.

Islam also asked his corner after the match demanding a rematch before the decision was announced because he knew he lost.

There is no debate.

Yes there is. One day you will die, that is an absolute truth.
No. Science may contend that we died, but we don't know if we actually died. We could be immediately reincarnated or our soul could live on. We don't have enough answers to important questions to make anything absolute.

Did you watch the fight? The fight ended with Volk reigning down blows on Islam who laying on his back trying to survive. Watch the fight from 27:10 on and you will see why people felt Volk would have finished Islam in another round. Also, how many champs finish a fight on their back getting their ass kicked?

So you saying Volk still had a lot in the gas tank, and therefor fucked it up for himself by not expending all his energy in the given time period? If not, then why would hold back?

there's no even rounds lol

Also Islam was a step ahead the whole time

Well that's just a lie. Getting dropped and gasping for air on his back that last minute certainly did not put him a step ahead.

So you saying Volk still had a lot in the gas tank, and therefor fucked it up for himself by not expending all his energy in the given time period? If not, then why would hold back?

That is not what I am saying, I responded to your comment: "Everyone saying that if there was another round or two, Volk would have finished him. LMAO why these turds think that? " The turds think this because at the end of the fight Islam was nearly finished and appeared completely shot.

Back