Media Volkan dieded in Abu-Dhabi

Against an unranked guy, making his UFC debut. Hard to not feel bad for Volkan.

<{Heymansnicker}>

I know Volkan has good standup by why not diversify in that fight? Just some pummeling inside, knees to the thighs, dirty boxing? Against a guy that awkward when you don't see stuff coming from odd angles, why play that game some aggressively? Such a dumb approach by him.

<{Heymansnicker}>
unranked guy yes, making his UFC debut yes, but FAR from a scrub.

People need to stop thinking that all good fighters are in the UFC (not saying you specifically, but that's how people will view which is an asinine way to see things).
the dude has a record: 27-3-1
Yes, not against "UFC-caliber fighters", but it as I said, not all good fighters are in the UFC, as we just saw.

He was fighting like he thought he was going to win... looked way too relaxed. Pretty much why he got caught.

Also legit was concerned by the thread title

Jiri looked awesome but he needs to keep his eyes on his opponent that's for sure. His weird movements will get him slept.

<{Heymansnicker}>

Tbf, Volkan became ranked in a similar way by pulling an upset win over OSP in his debut.

Biggest difference is that OSP remained in the land of the living.

Idk what you guys were seeing, dude was tense and moving around... how does that = disinterested?

You misunderstood. Jiri was bouncing around, tauntting, dropping his hands, and he was getting tagged a bit. Jiri clearly wasn't showing Volk's power any respect. Volkann being the more experienced guy, it looked like jiri might get caught if he kept fighting like that.

I know Volkan has good standup by why not diversify in that fight? Just some pummeling inside, knees to the thighs, dirty boxing? Against a guy that awkward when you don't see stuff coming from odd angles, why play that game some aggressively? Such a dumb approach by him.

That disrespect had Volk head hunting. My guess.

Back