Volkanovski vs. Topuria is Probably the Most Interesting Fight on the Horizon

I thought Yair would give Volks trouble, I was wrong but Yair is such hot and cold ain't even funny. Topuria on the other hand...Man I don't like that fight for Volks, Ilia is a killer. He's undefeated, on a roll, wants to put you 6 feet deep with every punches. Volks been finished couple months ago, you never know what a loss like that can do to a fighter. I dunno it's either gonna be a total shutdown to a UD by Volks or a vicious KO by Ilia.

I'll put a 20 on Ilia that's for sure.

Ilia is nightmare for volk better wrestling better boxing :)

Volk excels against boxers. That's exactly why I favor volk. Ilia is good and can catch him, though. We'll see how it goes.

Ilia has never fought Frankie Edgar, Max Holloway, or Korean Zombie. We don't know how he would do in those same circumstances. Also, what year were those fights? You don't think Yair has improved since then? Fact remains: Ilia could't TKO or sub Josh in 5 rounds and Yair did in 2. I have nothing against Topuria, just listing the facts.

You're talking to a very proud georgian sherdogger. He is very passionate about Georgian fighters. You need to take what he says with a grain of salt.

Volk will get stopped in this fight and with the way the UFC fanbase works he will be forgotten fast. Hes gonna be doing youtube cooking shows just to stay relevant.

I don't make the rules.

Ilia has never fought Frankie Edgar, Max Holloway, or Korean Zombie. We don't know how he would do in those same circumstances. Also, what year were those fights? You don't think Yair has improved since then? Fact remains: Ilia could't TKO or sub Josh in 5 rounds and Yair did in 2. I have nothing against Topuria, just listing the facts.

I don't get what your pint is with the comparison of how Top didn't finish Emmet but Yair did. That stuff means nothing.

If it did, well then GSP couldn't finish Hendricks in 5 rounds but Costa did it in 2. He also couldn't finish Condit in 5 but Chiesa did it in 2.

Therefore, Costa and Chiesa were better than GSP, who was actually a can.

Volk is the FW GOAT for good reason. Just a few months ago he embarrassed Yair who many picked to beat him.
He also wasn't knocked out cold, yes he went out but he was sweet straight afterwards.

He has got dis

I don't get what your pint is with the comparison of how Top didn't finish Emmet but Yair did. That stuff means nothing.

If it did, well then GSP couldn't finish Hendricks in 5 rounds but Costa did it in 2. He also couldn't finish Condit in 5 but Chiesa did it in 2.

Therefore, Costa and Chiesa were better than GSP, who was actually a can.
I'm not claiming one is better than the other only stating some of the things we have to go on. We're all giving speculations here. I already acknowledged the mma math of it in my original post. I merely asked: how would Topuria do against Yair?

I'm not claiming one is better than the other only stating some of the things we have to go on. We're all giving speculations here. I already acknowledged the mma math of it in my original post. I merely asked: how would Topuria do against Yair?

Yair relies on having enough range to use his kicks and not have to engage with his limited boxing. It also helps him avoid the grappling, which he isn't good at.

Topuria would take all that away from him instantly.

Top played a patient, outside game against Emmet for 5 rounds because him and his team had seen what Emmet can do with 1 punch.

Yair was able to take Emmet out quickly because he could open up with his kicks while not having to get into Emmet's range. It worked perfectly. It wouldn't have worked at all for Topuria because he doesn't have that range or those kicks.

Topuria wouldn't mess with Yair on the outside like he did with Emmet. He's just get caught. He'd be right in there in the pocket where has the vastly superior boxing and power, or the chance to take him down easily. Yair's wrestling is very bad. There isn't a thing that he could do to stop Topuria from taking him down and controlling him just as easily as Frankie did, but with more powerful GNP.

It's different fights with different dynamics. If Topuria had the reach or Emmet didn't have power, I think Topuria would have ended that fight in the first. He always goes for it when he knows he can get away with it without much trouble.

Volk excels against boxers. That's exactly why I favor volk. Ilia is good and can catch him, though. We'll see how it goes.
That's what I see too.

He learned enough boxing in 3 camps against Max Holloway than most fighters will ever learn. He'll know Illia's tricks in the boxing.

I thought he looked like a monster with Bryce. Emmett was one punch. With Bryce he dominated and showed insane pace.
Still got hit and taken down, it wasnt absolute monster for me but I understand your perspective

Also fact max wrestle fucked yair

Volk has better kardio and better leg kick technique (ilias leg kicks are stronger ) other than that ilia is better than volk wrestling/grappling/boxing ilia dominates him

You're talking to a very proud georgian sherdogger. He is very passionate about Georgian fighters. You need to take what he says with a grain of salt.
Well everytime i was right :)

Well everytime i was right :)

Except when you refused to believe me when I told you Kattar could and would take giga down and would beat him up lol. You might be right with this fight though. We'll see. Topuria is a good fighter.

Except when you refused to believe me when I told you Kattar could and would take giga down and would beat him up lol. You might be right with this fight though. We'll see. Topuria is a good fighter.
Well giga sliped thats why kattar took him down after that even out of energy giga could stop this takedowns
Giga had really bad night i am not saying he would win 100% but he can beat kattar

His performance against Emmet was good but not out of this world, and he beat Bryce but less convincingly than Emmet.

Lmao he dominated Bryce and beat him where he is best at, lol at trying to downplay the fight because of what Emmett did, who Topuria also dominated.

I'm not saying he should be favored over Volk but your descriptions of those fights are fucking terrible.

Well giga sliped thats why kattar took him down after that even out of energy giga could stop this takedowns
Giga had really bad night i am not saying he would win 100% but he can beat kattar

He got taken down in round 2 as well, what was your excuse for that one again? a hurt ankle? LOL

Back