Volkov is the worst style matchup for Jon Jones in the entire UFC

^ didn't actually watch the fights.

LOL you’re such a salty bitch ever since your Daddy lost.

Blaydes took him down at a record pace. He couldn’t stop a nose bleed.

He blew the fight against Lewis but elite heavyweights don’t really lose to Derrick Lewis.

Please leave me alone.

He’s taller but not as long and does nothing better than jones.
It’s a tough matchup though but Overeem threw one punch against him. Bones is the most diverse striker and grappler I’ve ever seen by far.

LOL you’re such a salty bitch ever since your Daddy lost.

Blaydes took him down at a record pace. He couldn’t stop a nose bleed.

He blew the fight against Lewis but elite heavyweights don’t really lose to Derrick Lewis.

Please leave me alone.
{<jimmies}

Jones looked average without his full stack of supplements. Volkov would murk him

We need to see what the added bulk has done in terms of his take down defense
He got taken down 14 times by Blaydes. Blaydes was taking him down even when exhausted

Blaydes is by far the best wrestler in the division right now. Who else can even wrestle? Stipe? lol

Bones wrestling looks way worse against guys his size/height too as weve seen numerous times

bones is still good, he'll destroy Volkov.. Volkov fought an unmotivated, didn't train, overweight, high estrogen overeem tonight.

He’s taller but not as long and does nothing better than jones.
It’s a tough matchup though but Overeem threw one punch against him. Bones is the most diverse striker and grappler I’ve ever seen by far.

Most obviously he's clearly a better boxer than Jones, how the grappling might go is questionable I spose but he did survive on his back vs Werdum and Jones hasnt exactly looked monsterous grappling wise in awhile.

tenor.gif

Volk must be the fighter of the week. Next week it will be Joe Sixpack who will murk Jones and be a bad matchup.

You cartoons do this after every UFC match. Also why would jones get thrown in the matchup before stipe, isn’t stipe the champion. Why does stipe get sidekick status.

Most obviously he's clearly a better boxer than Jones, how the grappling might go is questionable I spose but he did survive on his back vs Werdum and Jones hasnt exactly looked monsterous grappling wise in awhile.

Boxing is just a facet of the standup game.
Jones has chosen not to grapple. Like at all. He’s better than these hw at all areas of fighting. And he will
Have the advantage of fighting guys in slow motion.
Volkov just beat a guy that’s best day we’re many years ago who is still on the cusp of a title shot.

and there is no way you think how the grappling would go is questionable.

jones is better everywhere is the longer fighter. And does everything better.

when guys weigh over 200 lbs. size doesn’t mean an awful lot.

do you think dc is better than jones at grappling? Or Volkov is better grappling than Barnett? Outcomes don’t mean much in mma math but you can see with your own eyes of how certain areas will impact a fight

volkov beats everyone in heavyweight on the feet the only time he wont is when hes doing dumb shit like throwing rediculous knees in the last 2 seconds of a fight like with derrick lewis. He rocks people and arely has to throw his fists.

Lmao, Blaydes just mauled him and Hardy took him to a decision. Stop it. He beat up an old man.

Idk if his TDD would stack up
Jon Jones's takedowns during the USADA era hasn't been impressive at all. Pretty weak shit tbh. I think if Volkov trains hard for a month or two his TDD will hold up or he'll pop back up as JJ top control is wack.

Curtis Blaydes ragdolled him and BB punched his head through the mat

The BB fight was ridiculous. Easy night at the office for Volkov that turned a nightmare because he fell asleep at the wheel. That kind of sloppy striker isn’t a concern at all (although I have to admit that I wrote him off for the belt when he blew it like that).

Blaydes is a different story. It’s possible it won’t matter, because Blaydes is really the only wrestler with DC gone so perhaps Volkov can earn a title shot without going through him.

The BB fight was ridiculous. Easy night at the office for Volkov that turned a nightmare because he fell asleep at the wheel. That kind of sloppy striker isn’t a concern at all (although I have to admit that I wrote him off for the belt when he blew it like that).

Blaydes is a different story. It’s possible it won’t matter, because Blaydes is really the only wrestler with DC gone so perhaps Volkov can earn a title shot without going through him.

I think him blowing it against Lewis tells you something about his fight IQ. May not be worth much but it also could be something that we see again. Wouldn’t want to be asleep at the wheel against Jones.

Fair point about Blaydes though.

WE have no idea what Jones is going to look like at HW.

That’s the correct answer. Jones definitely look on the downside in his last couple LHW bouts. Still good but not amazing. If the added weight translates to more core strength and punching power at HW, maybe he’ll be a handful. If not he’s gonna have a hard time earning opponents’ respect and his chin will get out to the test.

We will see. I’m just hoping we get to see Jones fight at heavyweight at some point in the next 6 to 12 months? Stipe is not exactly known for activity.

I think him blowing it against Lewis tells you something about his fight IQ. May not be worth much but it also could be something that we see again. Wouldn’t want to be asleep at the wheel against Jones.

Fair point about Blaydes though.

Oh 100%. Like I said, I basically wrote him off after he blew the Lewis fight. “He’s just too stupid,” was all I could think.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back