Walking Dead Season 8 Thread (NO SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rick had like 20 fucking opportunities to kill Neegan in ONE episode.

Turn your back on Neegan, get tackled, fight off zombies, and swing the bat along a straight vertical line, repeat.

Whats the best way to swing a bat at an assailant? Swing vertically with a HIGH % chance to miss the target. Thats how pros play baseball, right???

I ACTUALLY asked the wife if we can FINALLY stop recording this show, and she said she is too invested...... I kinda feel the same way, but after every episode I just shake my head and ask myself why....
You have a TV in the kitchen?

Rick had like 20 fucking opportunities to kill Neegan in ONE episode.

Turn your back on Neegan, get tackled, fight off zombies, and swing the bat along a straight vertical line, repeat.

Whats the best way to swing a bat at an assailant? Swing vertically with a HIGH % chance to miss the target. Thats how pros play baseball, right???

I ACTUALLY asked the wife if we can FINALLY stop recording this show, and she said she is too invested...... I kinda feel the same way, but after every episode I just shake my head and ask myself why....

I read about that - then how Jadis somehow captured Negan. Rick has been trying to get to him for two fucking seasons and this weirdo got him just like that?

I think after this season finished I'm officially done with the show. I've been cutting out shitty tv shows lately. Z-nation got the cut a while back.

wtf... why the fuck is mrs. doubtfire and a couple retards running around trading knowledge for food

Yup. lol. Even if the Hilltop Library did not have books regarding farming, windmills, irrigation, etc...i am going to suspect that there would be a library within driving distance of the Hilltop. And since the Hilltop was a museum and used as a FEMA outpost, you would also suspect there are maps of the local area inside Hilltop as well. And you would think Jesus being the head scout of the Hilltop, he would have come across or had local knowledge of said knowledge centers.

Granted, I am cheating using Google maps, but most physical maps of the area or even people from the local area would have known of at least one of these libraries and at least one would be still intact. lol.

View attachment 357545

Just right here in this post, you've already put more thought into all these details than the writers did. Not even worth dissecting this stupid show past a point.

In all honesty, I am usually 3 or 4 weeks behind on TWD because my fiancee and I would rather be watching other shows that are usually on during this time...but Better Call Saul and Colony are premiering this year during the Summer and we have already watched through Dark and Ozarks so TWD is just something to throw on as a back up show.

i'm just using this stupid show as a bridge to the much better FTWD and Into the Badlands.
f'ing GOT is killing me with this long wait til the final season.

I think after this season finished I'm officially done with the show. I've been cutting out shitty tv shows lately. Z-nation got the cut a while back.

You guys should check out Gomorra, Rectify, and The Sinner, if you're looking for really good shows. Those are a few recent ones which are true hidden gems.

This show sucks now. I only continue to watch it because I need to see how it ends. I hope it ends soon.

This episode was the best one in a long time. G.T.A guy is very entertaining. The car chase and Rick/Negan stuff was awful though.

All those people at Hilltop can die right now and I would be happy. Too bad that won't be happening.

Number one watched show on TV has no budget.. WTF is up with that? Talk about greedy.

AMC gonna do AMC things. AFAIK Lauren Cohan still isn't even signed on for Season 9 yet.

You guys should check out Gomorra, Rectify, and The Sinner, if you're looking for really good shows. Those are a few recent ones which are true hidden gems.

Saw all of those (really enjoyed Rectify) except for Gomorra might check that out.

Number one watched show on TV has no budget.. WTF is up with that? Talk about greedy.

AMC gonna do AMC things. AFAIK Lauren Cohan still isn't even signed on for Season 9 yet.

AMC actually cut the budget for Season 7 and then cut it again for Season 8...and Cohen is still the only cast member not signed for Season 9. I bet she is waiting to see if the new show she is starring in (called Whiskey Cavalry) gets a good response from the pilot and is picked up. I guess all the talk about her wanting the same pay as Reedus and Lincoln was bullshit; she asked for a little bump in money since she is the main player at Hilltop now.

AMC are a bunch of greedy fuckers. Decide to do a corny ass car chase scene and can't even spend the money on showing the actual crash for the climax of the scene <45> When they transitioned back to Negan after the crash, I didn't even freaking know where he was for the first 10 seconds.<45>

Last edited:
Can we all agree that Simon is the best actor and most interesting character on the show? Seriously every scene he is in is awesome. The sad part is they are probably going to have Negan kill him off :(

Can we all agree that Simon is the best actor and most interesting character on the show? Seriously every scene he is in is awesome. The sad part is they are probably going to have Negan kill him off :(

I like Simon and Dwight. I was interested in Dwight's storyline with his wife but they just ended that abruptly as well. Both characters have a duality to them that should encompass the actual main characters of the show. One of the reasons why I thought Travis Fimmel's Ragnar was one of the best portrayals in a tv show in a long time. The dude had so many sides and flaws to him that you didn't know where the character would go at any moment.

Had to go to page 4 to find this thread after finally watching last ep. makes sense.

wtf... why the fuck is mrs. doubtfire and a couple retards running around trading knowledge for food

Good call hahahahaha I knew that lady looks like some sort of Female Robin Williams I just can't remember the name of the Character and the Movie!!

Hahhahahahaha

I would drop my shit if that indeed was later revealed to be some Old Transexual!!

They just drag every fkn thread out about ten times too long. They’ve been fighting Negan for what seems like 3 seasons at this point. Just wrap the shit up already.

And it’s getting really old watching these dipshits make rash decisions just to prolong the drama. Rick going on a certain suicide mission only to piss away all his ammo when the opportunity arises to kill him was embarrassing. Nobody believes either one is dying on anything other than a season long fkn cliffhanger.

The idea of RIck & Negan fighting each other would have been a big deal a few years ago. At this point, it's almost comical, there was no drama and people were barely paying attention.

Same thing as when Rick & Daryl fought last season, or the first half of this season or whatever. Back in the day, the first few seasons, if you heard there was an episode coming where those two get in a fight, that would have been a major moment. As it was, it was just goofy shit no one cared about.

The show has just about completely lost any of the weight and importance the story once might have had.

The idea of RIck & Negan fighting each other would have been a big deal a few years ago. At this point, it's almost comical, there was no drama and people were barely paying attention.

Same thing as when Rick & Daryl fought last season, or the first half of this season or whatever. Back in the day, the first few seasons, if you heard there was an episode coming where those two get in a fight, that would have been a major moment. As it was, it was just goofy shit no one cared about.

The show has just about completely lost any of the weight and importance the story once might have had.

What do you think they should do to get it back?

Can they introduce a monster like Mr.X or some other Tyrant? Like an Alhpa Pursuer?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back