News Walt Harris suspended for 4 years under new anti doping programme

Walt failed tests in June 2023, July 2023, and August 2023, with 3 different banned substances. He also had a prior failure in 2019.

4 years WAS the plea deal. He was probably facing a lifetime ban.
Sounds like Walt needs to be in a non USADA non drug testing place or move on beyond MMA.

BKFC might be the spot.

When did I prop them up?
Maybe when you said it was perfectly fine that USADA hadn't handled Walt's case in the 6 months they had it:
You think he pisses in a cup in August and the next day they know the test failed? And then the next week they have a ruling on it?
NSAC and CSAD both resolved Walt's cases in only 3 months time. USADA didn't even with double the amount of time and then just left it on top of that.

I'll let the future decide how good the CSAD will do. A lot of talk about how it was open season since USADA left so they are probably smart firing off a few suspensions in the beginning to show that's not the case.
There's "a lot of talk" because there's lot of retards are on here who care about narratives more than facts.

If you want another example, it's also in the news today that Conor is CSAD's most tested athlete on the roster, with over double the amount of tests as anybody else. It's also more than USADA tested him in the two months they had him, even though everybody said USADA would be out for blood on him. USADA didn't even bother doing that when they were supposedly blaming him for not being renewed.

Again, it's almost like narratives are more important than facts for a lot of people. There's nothing suggesting CSAD is anything but competent, and plenty suggesting it was USADA that were the incompetent ones, hence their lack of renewal.

It's literally what the UFC themselves said when all this was announced.

I thought he retired lmao. He hasn't fought in years. When's the last time he won?

Doing alright, just on a little break
Waiting to start on another chemo drug, after I move again
but I’m running out of drugs now, only like 5-6 left I can try
I can tell you're a good dude, get better or i'll have to go find you. 😉

That's too bad -- I really like Walt Harris -- this will probably end his career.

Lol they just needed a body to appear legitimate.

UFC will allow them suspend Walt but completely part ways with USADA for Conor. Lol..

Walt has been through hell with the murder and kidnapping of his step daughter. I'm not going to shit on him. Enjoy, retirement, Walt.

Also, the new testing policy is incredibly similar to the last one. Delve into the verbiage and testing methods. He would have gotten caught either way and anyone who would have in the past, more than likely will going forward. People will work the system the same way.

This is his 3rd failed drug test, although I wouldn't be surprised if he had a 4th "hidden" USADA one to explain his exact 2 year absence going into the Josh Parisian fight.

He is looking at Josh Barnett, lifelong ban territory in all honesty.
oh i wasnt aware of that. dam.
but Dana still needs to pay his fighters more

Yeah, I’ve had maybe like 20 different chemo drugs so far
as well as full body radiation, surgeries, stem cell transplant, immunotherapies, etc

People think “chemo is chemo” and it’s just one big poison soup
but every cancer is different and there’s tons of these. Or different combos of drugs.

It’s like running a marathon that never ends

*don’t mean to derail the thread or anything mods
Damn.

That really sounds like quite the marathon bro..
Personal and maybe direct question, but are you scared of death, or maybe think about it a lot?
I can imagine those things cross your mind when you’re constantly (and thankfully so far solidly) battling that shit thing that’s called Cancer.

Damn.

That really sounds like quite the marathon bro..
Personal and maybe direct question, but are you scared of death, or maybe think about it a lot?
I can imagine those things cross your mind when you’re constantly (and thankfully so far solidly) battling that shit thing that’s called Cancer.

When I’m dead I’ll be at peace
I’m only scared of the pain cuz I was close to death when first diagnosed and i remember those days and nights well. I just don’t want to die slow if it’s coming to get me, then come to get me.
I’m scared I’m going to lose my mind before I die
The mental aspect has become the hardest part now, just trying to keep pushing
And I don’t want to be stuck in some hospital bed, I can’t stand being in the hospital anymore lol
I was scared of death at first, but now I’m just surprised to be still going a decade later. I Thought I would be cured or dead by now.

*My words of wisdom to anybody reading this is “To Take up all the opportunities that life presents for you” whatever those may be, Or you may end up with a lot of regrets like me, lol life can change in an instant, don’t let life pass you by

Last edited:
When I’m dead I’ll be at peace
I’m only scared of the pain cuz I was close to death when first diagnosed and i remember those days and nights well. I just don’t want to die slow if it’s coming to get me, then come to get me.
I’m scared I’m going to lose my mind before I die
The mental aspect has become the hardest part now, just trying to keep pushing
And I don’t want to be stuck in some hospital bed, I can’t stand being in the hospital anymore lol
I was scared of death at first, but now I’m just surprised to be still going a decade later. I Thought I would be cured or dead by now.
I understand man, it’s a scary thought. Hopefully you keep going for many many years, and enjoy every bit of it! I truly wish you the best mate.

Sometimes I think about death and at times it scares me man, so I was wondering how that’s been for you, since you’ve been close to death like you said, but thankfully battled through it (while still being in therapy).
*My words of wisdom to anybody reading this is “To Take up all the opportunities that life presents for you” whatever those may be, Or you may end up with a lot of regrets like me, lol life can change in an instant, don’t let life pass you by
Ohh say less man.
Today I got the amazing news that I’m admitted to the Master’s Programme in Entrepreneurship & Innovation at Lund University in Sweden (one year). I’ll move over to Sweden in late August.

I’m telling this, because I’ve been thinking about doing something like this for a while, and at the end of 2023 I decided to give it a shot and make an application.
The competition was very hard (+- only 10% would get admitted), but I was confident in my ability to write a statement of purpose and my previous dimplomas/grades/experience.
I think you can imagine I was a very happy boy when I got the news this morning :)

Long story short: I had this Sweden adventure on my mind, and instead of thinking “Nah man I’m good”, I thought “Let’s do this!”.
And I’m super excited to take on this challenge!

Like you said, take on opportunities, just give it a shot :cool:
Thanks for the wise words, bud.

A sacrifice must be made so the UFC can pretend they test/suspend people for cheating indiscriminately. Don't worry, all the 'super stars' can still do whatever they want.

It just seems the guys that pop are so washed or random it’s almost as if by design.

How is he the only guy that has been caught/punished in 3 months since USADA left? For something USADA caught in the past?

Make it make sense.
He didn't even get caught by the new program. He got caught by USADA. They're only now announcing the penalty so they can pretend the new program is doing something.

But this time it's so ridiculously obvious that there's no factual counterpoint. Even on Sherdog we all agree this is bullshit. And we never agree on anything. A thread about what color grass is will have 200 different opinions and people threatening to kill each other because one says "blue" and the other says "sky blue"

Back