Want PED's out of the sport? Give cheaters the Lance Armstrong treatment

Just let PEDs be allowed and get rid of USADA, I want top notch fighters recovering quicker and being stronger than normal.

Everybody is patting Jon Jones on the back for support. Even USADA and the fake auditor is saying they are completely certain he didn't do it on purpose lol.

Because Jones's circumstances are unique
Passed random, failed scheduled w/ trace amounts, passed another random...Leading them to believe something was ingested accidentally

Because he's a wild boy that likes to party

You do understand that not every sample collected is ran through the same tests for the same substances....right?

Passing other tests is no indication of being clean.

Anyone who wants PEDs out of the sport is stupid.

This is Cagefighting, you dimwits on here need to stop acting as if you really “care” about these guys as human beings or whatever n saying “NO PEDS ALLOWED, IT CAN SERIOUSLY HURT SOMEONE!”

PED usage has never led to anyone being killed in MMA and it’s only led to stronger, faster, better fighters, who recover quicker.

You guys think its amazing when someone fights 2-3x in a year. Back in the PED days, guys would fight 4-6 times in a year. Why would you want to see your favorite fighters, fight less? Or get injured more frequently?

PED usage should be allowed. I’m watching two people bash their brains in for my entertainment. I’d prefer it if they all had 6 packs too.

You already lost me at the title. Do you really think the “Lance Armstrong treatment” has cleaned up the sport of cycling? It’s the most PED ridden sport of all time.

I wish they would just legalize PEDs accross the board, since it seems like all athletes, with very few exceptions, want to use them. I’ll never understand why the fans are so adamant about banning PEDs in spite of the athletes. If PEDs were legal across the board it would no longer be cheating and it would save us all a lot of headaches.

If you want to legalize PEDs, you should ensure equal PED accessibility so that the playing field remains even. I have no clue how much roids cost, but I have a suspicion that fighters with lower pay might not be able to get the same "good" stuff that fighters with bigger pay could get on a consistent basis.

If you can't be vindicated by a tainted supplement situation or something of that nature where it can be proven you accidentally consumed PEDs, then you're gone and your UFC record is wiped.

It's sad that a guy like Daniel Cormier - a 2-division champ who competes clean - should have an L on his record from a proven cheater.

Using PEDs to fight against a clean opponent is essentially bringing a weapon to a fist fight. People will inevitably argue that PEDs don't play a huge part, or Jon Jones could have beaten those guys without PEDs, but the fact is if PEDs didn't give you a huge boost nobody would be taking the risk.

When Lance Armstrong cheated, he was able to peddle a bike faster and longer than his opponents. But when an MMA fighter uses PEDs, it helps him give another guy a serious brain injury (which lets face it, that's what a concussion is). So it's paramount the PED issue be taken more seriously here.

You choose to use PEDs? Poof, you're gone and so is your legacy. Go find something else to do.
wiki pages...

FWWnoman.JPG

You do understand that not every sample collected is ran through the same tests for the same substances....right?

Passing other tests is no indication of being clean.
Nothing suggests the other tests had a different procedure.
Stick to the facts.

Sorry to be the one to break it to you but that's not how it works. People still watched Lance Armstrong win those Tours. They remember him, and they almost certainly don't remember the guys he beat. Whether they stripped him of titles after the fact is meaningless.

By Lance Armstrong treatment you mean lynch him despite the fact that not taking PEDs was quite literally a barrier for entry into any top cycling team?

Anyone who wants PEDs out of the sport is stupid.

This is Cagefighting, you dimwits on here need to stop acting as if you really “care” about these guys as human beings or whatever n saying “NO PEDS ALLOWED, IT CAN SERIOUSLY HURT SOMEONE!”

PED usage has never led to anyone being killed in MMA and it’s only led to stronger, faster, better fighters, who recover quicker.

You guys think its amazing when someone fights 2-3x in a year. Back in the PED days, guys would fight 4-6 times in a year. Why would you want to see your favorite fighters, fight less? Or get injured more frequently?

PED usage should be allowed. I’m watching two people bash their brains in for my entertainment. I’d prefer it if they all had 6 packs too.
You're talking to delusional children here with a ridiculously naive 'thats not fair!' complex.

Damn lol. Your vaginas are still hurting? You guys are starting to sound like whiney bitches.

Jones fans : Everyone does drugs.

Also Jones fans : Jones is innocent, he'd never knowingly take drugs.
They make it so simple for us to understand don’t they. Jones is innocent and everyone else is doing it.
F3C66874-38C8-4B04-AACF-CDB9C1BC5935.gif

Last edited:
That is cheating, but I don’t know if I’d classify it in the same category as drugs.

Drug testing was being targeted directly and deliberately by USADA and the UFC because of a huge problem in the sport. I think the towel trick, although it is cheating, is on the same level as a fighter throwing a rabbit punch, or anything else that has not been practiced. It is more akin to taking advantage of a specific circumstance, but has not been a long planned, or well thought out.

I know Jones’ fans will claim “cheating is cheating” in order to lump both fighters conveniently into the same category, but I don’t think it’s of the same caliber.

Yeah, you're right, Jones fans will look at it one way, and people that don't like Jones will look at it a different way.

If you can't be vindicated by a tainted supplement situation or something of that nature where it can be proven you accidentally consumed PEDs, then you're gone and your UFC record is wiped.

It's sad that a guy like Daniel Cormier - a 2-division champ who competes clean - should have an L on his record from a proven cheater.

Using PEDs to fight against a clean opponent is essentially bringing a weapon to a fist fight. People will inevitably argue that PEDs don't play a huge part, or Jon Jones could have beaten those guys without PEDs, but the fact is if PEDs didn't give you a huge boost nobody would be taking the risk.

When Lance Armstrong cheated, he was able to peddle a bike faster and longer than his opponents. But when an MMA fighter uses PEDs, it helps him give another guy a serious brain injury (which lets face it, that's what a concussion is). So it's paramount the PED issue be taken more seriously here.

You choose to use PEDs? Poof, you're gone and so is your legacy. Go find something else to do.
I agree but the average MMA just want's blood and the hardest thing they do on fight night is look for a free stream.

It’s painfully clear that the people that make decisions don’t want a clean sport.

If you want to legalize PEDs, you should ensure equal PED accessibility so that the playing field remains even. I have no clue how much roids cost, but I have a suspicion that fighters with lower pay might not be able to get the same "good" stuff that fighters with bigger pay could get on a consistent basis.
I know what you mean and it makes sense, but Wanderlei silva wasn't in some top notch, new high tech ped... And look how he performed and looked... I mean sure some guy with EPO will have a edge over some poor shit ped, but there is a limit to physical performance, doesn't matter how much of something you take... It's up to you as fighter after one point.

Then should we also ensure equal accesibity to good gyms, training partners, supplements, equipment, etc? What you say makes absolutely no sense in the capitalist world we live in.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back