Social War Room Lounge Thread #321 - welcome to the pussy lounge

Anyone else out to view the eclipse?

The weather here is perfect, warm, sunny, just a few puffs of cloud. It starts shortly and reaches totality in about an hour. Here's hoping for some good photos. Wish me luck.

I've heard it was good
I really liked the 2021 movie and I can honestly say this one is even better.

I enjoyed Oppenheimer for various reasons but there were several points where the pacing sagged.

Never once did I become disengaged while watching Dune Part II. And I don't mean that it was all fast paced, I mean it was perfectly paced. The chemistry/dialogue between characters was stuff you could chew on.

And as someone who has become absolutely jaded over the years by digital effects, I can say this movie blew me away with how creative, beautiful and feasible the imagery was.

I was in that theater for over three hours and the only thing bothering me was that I was actually afraid they'd cut it off before they finished the first book's plot. They didn't.

Over the past ten years I've only seen the following movies in theater:
Star Wars: The Force Awakens 2015
The Super Mario Movie 2023
Oppenheimer 2023
Godzilla Minus One 2023
Dune Part II 2024

The last time I saw a movie more than once in the theaters was 1999, the Matrix. I will go see Dune again

I really liked the 2021 movie and I can honestly say this one is even better.

I enjoyed Oppenheimer for various reasons but there were several points where the pacing sagged.

Never once did I become disengaged while watching Dune Part II. And I don't mean that it was all fast paced, I mean it was perfectly paced. The chemistry/dialogue between characters was stuff you could chew on.

And as someone who has become absolutely jaded over the years by digital effects, I can say this movie blew me away with how creative, beautiful and feasible the imagery was.

I was in that theater for over three hours and the only thing bothering me was that I was actually afraid they'd cut it off before they finished the first book's plot. They didn't.

Over the past ten years I've only seen the following movies in theater:
Star Wars: The Force Awakens 2015
The Super Mario Movie 2023
Oppenheimer 2023
Godzilla Minus One 2023
Dune Part II 2024

The last time I saw a movie more than once in the theaters was 1999, the Matrix. I will go see Dune again
That's a big endorsement. I havent seen the first one so now I'm even more intrigued by seeing both. I saw Jurassic Park several times when it first came out. I am the same though. Not many more than once in the theatres.

That's a big endorsement. I havent seen the first one so now I'm even more intrigued by seeing both. I saw Jurassic Park several times when it first came out. I am the same though. Not many more than once in the theatres.
1993 Jurassic Park?

1993 Jurassic Park?
Yeah I'm old lol. I was in college. They still had dollar theatres back then (not sure they do now). I watched it 2-3 or so times in the nice theatre then would go to the dollar when it left the big and saw it again. The visuals that I had never seen coupled with the digital sound that you could feel was incredible to me.

Yeah I'm old lol. I was in college. They still had dollar theatres back then (not sure they do now). I watched it 2-3 or so times in the nice theatre then would go to the dollar when it left the big and saw it again. The visuals that I had never seen coupled with the digital sound that you could feel was incredible to me.
Let's grab some beers next time you're in Tampa or Charlotte

EDIT:
I'm not much younger. I was 12 when it came out, and got to see it. It was one of the most exhilarating experiences of my life. When the Velociraptors are in the kitchen and one just jumps up on the counter it was horrifying to see something be so agile, do something so effortlessly. I remember thinking-- those kids are dead.

Let's grab some beers next time you're in Tampa or Charlotte

EDIT:
I'm not much younger. I was 12 when it came out, and got to see it. It was one of the most exhilarating experiences of my life. When the Velociraptors are in the kitchen and one just jumps up on the counter it was horrifying to see something be so agile, do something so effortlessly. I remember thinking-- those kids are dead.
Tampa "OR" Charlotte? lol

My dad doesnt even watch movies of any type but especially ones that a are sci-fi type. I took him to see it and he even liked it. I would say that since we arent that far apart (I was around 19-20 at the time), we grew up with such a limited special effect scene. The effects were never what we thought they would be. Jurassic park and Lord of the Rings gave us what we had pictured in our minds when we were little.

The weather here is perfect, warm, sunny, just a few puffs of cloud. It starts shortly and reaches totality in about an hour. Here's hoping for some good photos. Wish me luck.
Nice and overcast here. Nothing to see. People paid out the ass for hotel rooms in Niagara Falls for nothing.

It was heavy overcast here so no visibility at all. Hope it was good

It was heavy overcast here so no visibility at all. Hope it was good
Thanks; it was really incredible, sorry you missed out. If you wanna get your travelling shoes on you can probably catch one elsewhere in the world within the next year or two.

But man, even when you know it's coming, the temperature change is really remarkable, especially as it reached totality. It was like the chill of death itself had fallen upon all over us. Then once it was over the heat came roaring back--such as it was, in the low 50's F with a windchill lol. So ok, maybe not roaring back so much as gently returning warmth like a good hug.

And then, because my wife is a genius, we took a route there and back again where we avoided all the traffic and made really good time so we could enjoy it instead of stuck behind a hundred other cars on the highway. Really good mojo all around. I dunno if I've mentioned this before but I seem to have uncannily good fortune when it comes to getting sunny weather when I really need it.

Regardless of the reason, we got really lucky. Around here this time of year there's only about a 30 percent chance of a sunny day, statistically.

Last edited:
Saw Dune Part II. Was really good. It was like three hours and it never got boring. Feels like a couple things have departed significantly from the book, but it's been ages since I read it, I could be wrong.
I thought it was highly overrated, be interesting to hear people's opinions when they see it on a small home screen, it looked great, but was disjointed, ful of plot holes, and some performances were phoned in . Chalamet didn't convince me as a leader of men either.

Thanks; it was really incredible, sorry you missed out. If you wanna get your travelling shoes on you can probably catch one elsewhere in the world within the next year or two.

But man, even when you know it's coming, the temperature change is really remarkable, especially as it reached totality. It was like the chill of death itself had fallen upon all over us. Then once it was over the heat came roaring back--such as it was, in the low 50's F with a windchill lol. So ok, maybe not roaring back so much as gently returning warmth like a good hug.

And then, because my wife is a genius, we took a route there and back again where we avoided all the traffic and made really good time so we could enjoy it instead of suck behind a hundred other cars on the highway. Really good mojo all around. I dunno if I've mentioned this before but I seem to have uncannily good fortune when it comes to getting sunny weather when I really need it.

Regardless of the reason, we got really lucky. Around here this time of year there's only about a 30 percent chance of a sunny day, statistically.
Wife saves the day bud. Sounds like a keeper. I have never actually seen it. Someday.

It was super cloudy so I couldn't see it when it was 100% covered but I saw it 2 mins before and 2 mins after since the edges could shine through the clouds. It was cool just to see it suddenly become dusk for 5 mins then go back to sunshine.

A CBP officer and illegal immigrants staring at the solar eclipse today:

1ywgltfnwctc1.jpeg

Notice the handcuffs.

Back