Social War Room Lounge Thread #321 - welcome to the pussy lounge

So I'm a Contracting Officer Representative at work . . . this year we're required to take a "Climate Change for Program Managers" training to see how it impacts federal assets, etc.

So I'm a Contracting Officer Representative at work . . . this year we're required to take a "Climate Change for Program Managers" training to see how it impacts federal assets, etc.
Do you work in oil and gas?

giphy.gif

Really weird that Boeing whistle blower killed himself. Sounds like something right out of the mob playbook, “ you or your family, bub. Someone’s gotta go.”
Or maybe he just got sick and tired of the whole thing yeah that’s probably it.
<6>

Really weird that Boeing whistle blower killed himself. Sounds like something right out of the mob playbook, “ you or your family, bub. Someone’s gotta go.”
Or maybe he just got sick and tired of the whole thing yeah that’s probably it.
<6>
The Clintons strike again. :eek:

Anyone else have their company cancel any planned DEI stuff?

Just looked at my calendar before logging off and all of the planned mandatory meetings for DEI efforts and strategy for next quarter are dunzo. No message saying it’s being rescheduled or anything. I heard folks say many companies are walking back these programs but it’s the first time I've seen actual evidence of it myself.

It seems that however well intentioned these programs may seem, they are usually implemented so abysmally bad as to make it almost counterproductive.

I've been involved in a few over the years and, from my personal experience, no one left feeling enlightened by the program.

It seems that however well intentioned these programs may seem, they are usually implemented so abysmally bad as to make it almost counterproductive.

I've been involved in a few over the years and, from my personal experience, no one left feeling enlightened by the program.
Agreed.

A trendy program that a bunch of old white dudes made that is unnecessary and makes HR irrelevant didn't pan out.

whaaat-randy-marsh.gif

Corporate pandering, ask Bud light how that worked out.

And in reality, the old white dudes didn't 'make' it. They co-opted it out of fear. It was created by some highly paid DEI Implementation Vice President.

Last edited:
Anyone else have their company cancel any planned DEI stuff?

Just looked at my calendar before logging off and all of the planned mandatory meetings for DEI efforts and strategy for next quarter are dunzo. No message saying it’s being rescheduled or anything. I heard folks say many companies are walking back these programs but it’s the first time I've seen actual evidence of it myself.
Perhaps we were thinking about the wrong things with "The Great Reset"...

"You raised a horrible fuckin' person,
the NERVE of you Dennis!"

After all the talk about fast food @Sinister ... took the boys to in and out for the first time. Their new favorite burger joint haha. 34.00 just for them though as we talked, the quality is much better.

Last edited:
Back