WAR ROOM LOUNGE V21: ♫♪ Tom Lehrer Awareness Week ♪♫

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just saw that the UFC is trading away DJ.

What are they thinking?
Matt Hume, his coach, is also an exec at One FC, iirc.
Askren can probably fill more seats than DJ (I say this as a DJ fan)
Good for DJ, Good for Askren, Good for the UFC, bad for the flyweight division

Matt Hume, his coach, is also an exec at One FC, iirc.
Askren can probably fill more seats than DJ (I say this as a DJ fan)
Good for DJ, Good for Askren, Good for the UFC, bad for the flyweight division

The judges ruined the flyweight division

Cejudo didn't do enough to win that fight.

No idea organizations could trade fighters -- DJ fights a division no cares about but Ben is a blanket that will get boo'd

Seems odd as hell, trade Nate or Nick Diaz

Good thing that they'll be picking up known draw Benjamin Askren.

A HW for a mosquito weight, is always a good trade. One promo vid for Askren, and he'll immediately draw more than MM.

found a transcript of the negotiations between Dana and ONE FC

I'm still confused as to why anyone would go into the meme thread to begin with
<PlusJuan>the meme thread is sherdogs equivalent to the IRA dirty protests in the maze prison, they thought they were making a political statement......but they were just smearing shit on the cell walls...

Last edited:
A HW for a mosquito weight, is always a good trade. One promo vid for Askren, and he'll immediately draw more than MM.
Can you even make a decent promo video for the fitch with funk?

Can you even make a decent promo video for the fitch with funk?

Yeah. At the end of the day, he's still undefeated. You can at least hype him up initially, before he inevitably puts people to sleep with his style.

No idea organizations could trade fighters -- DJ fights a division no cares about but Ben is a blanket that will get boo'd

Seems odd as hell, trade Nate or Nick Diaz
This is the first time a trade like this has happened.
Ben is a good shit talker and one of the best fighters out there who hasn't fought in the UFC yet. They can promote him and build him up quickly. I'd pay to see him get KO'd

<PlusJuan>the meme thread is sherdogs equivalent to the IRA dirty protests in the maze prison, they thought they were making a political statement......but they were just smearing shit on the cell walls...
As far as i'm concerned, nobody should ever willing jump down the shitter. And, if they do, really shouldn't complain about being covered in turds.

No idea organizations could trade fighters...

The technicals of it appear to be each guy getting let out of their contract with the promise that they'll then sign a deal with the other org. It doesn't sound like the contracts themselves are tradeable.

As far as i'm concerned, nobody should ever willing jump down the shitter. And, if they do, really shouldn't complain about being covered in turds.
So if you were in command the Shawshank Redemption then Dufrain woulda died.

Why do you have to give up DJ to get Askren?

Bkkkhjlljvfujhuooffyjclllo

Ugh

I think it's great. Askren deserves a shot to prove his excellence. Askren/Khabib at 165 sounds terrific.

But, I love grappling.

Askren's been impressive in other orgs, but it's not like the welterweight division is shallow.

I think the real play is UFC didn't want to keep DJ and just though they'd get some value out of dropping his contract. I wouldn't be surprised if they scrapped the division with Henry moving up.

I think the real play is UFC didn't want to keep DJ and just though they'd get some value out of dropping his contract. I wouldn't be surprised if they scrapped the division with Henry moving up.

Yeah, if they are going to ditch him doing it off a loss makes sense I guess.
He was also pretty clear about not wanting to fight up a division.

The level of nuttery in the CNN/Soros/Obama/Clinton bombs thread is baffling.

Someone tries to assassinate a former president (two if you count Bill, even if he wasn't a primary target), a former Secretary of State, a former AG and a former CIA director and here you have a sizeable ammount of dipshits screaming false flag.

No matter how much Alex Jones is publicly shamed, it's fairly obvious that Infowars is the main "news" source for a decent percentage of WR posters.

Looks like Homer got the hammer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back