Warhammer 40k

The Emperor doesnt take shit from nobody

The new CEO is really turning stuff around and they are definitely pushing alternative revenue streams. The computer games have been fantastic for the most part (Blood Bowl 2 < BB: Chaos Edition). I have been really enjoying Mordhiem on the PC lately.
Yeah now they need some decent films to really kickstart stuff

Don't play the tabletop because I'm not insane.

WH40k Space Marine was dreadfully awful. Dawn of War 2 was really good and fun for coop as well; Kill Team was pretty rad too.

I had super high hopes for Deathwing, but man, it just got rushed way too much. I still liked it; the architecture design of the levels was captivating. They really captured the feel of a Space Hulk, and the large level design was reminiscent of original DOOM. Still, there were only like, nine chapters I think? I beat the game in a day and the coop is kinda dead. It's too bad because the guys in charge of it, Streum, are really good. With what little funding they had, EYE: Divine Cybermancy was really cool; I just wish they had more time on Deathwing, because they certainly showed the capability to do well.

Best Warhammer game so far, in my opinion, isn't 40k, but just Warhammer End Times: Vermintide. It's like Chivalry and L4D had an insane baby, spawning one of the most underappreciated games ever.

Yeah now they need some decent films to really kickstart stuff

They wouldn't even need to have built around Space Marines either. An Inquisitor investigating a cult in have would be good enough. Just bring in a squad of Grey Knights at the end to kill some deamons. It would be awesome.

Over / Under on a DBZ fan coming in and saying Goku could take out the entire WH40k universe with a kegel exercise?

They wouldn't even need to have built around Space Marines either. An Inquisitor investigating a cult in have would be good enough. Just bring in a squad of Grey Knights at the end to kill some deamons. It would be awesome.
Yep or any number of cool perspectives to start from...say a rouge trader starting from almost nothing

Yep or any number of cool perspectives to start from...say a rouge trader starting from almost nothing
Imagine a movie with Imperial Guardsmen, Commissars, and Chaos cultist running around Catachan with horrifying monsters hunting both sides. It would be Platoon and Predator.

love dawn of war and always thought big budget movies could be made out of the stories.

space marines are a really interesting topic, and few scifi soldiers look cooler

4132848-ultramarine_2__by_angryrabbitgmod-d5r0258.jpg

Imagine a movie with Imperial Guardsmen, Commissars, and Chaos cultist running around Catachan with horrifying monsters hunting both sides. It would be Platoon and Predator.
Yep
Peter jackson ,del toro ,luc besson or (forgive me 40k fans ) michael bay needs at the franchise

Yep
Peter jackson ,del toro ,luc besson or (forgive me 40k fans ) michael bay needs at the franchise
Jackson- Tau/Orc based Imperial Guard movies
Del Toro - Inquisitors and Tyranids in SpaceHulks
Besson- Rogue Traders
Bay- Just give in Space Marines killing everything

love dawn of war and always thought big budget movies could be made out of the stories.

space marines are a really interesting topic, and few scifi soldiers look cooler

4132848-ultramarine_2__by_angryrabbitgmod-d5r0258.jpg
True dat so many cool looking troops in the lore
The stormtroopers , the 4 assasin types , imperial knights etc

Jackson- Tau/Orc based Imperial Guard movies
Del Toro - Inquisitors and Tyranids in SpaceHulks
Besson- Rogue Traders
Bay- Just give in Space Marines killing everything
Cool
The one issue any 40k story has is soo much backstory to fill in at once
A film could drown in characters doing exposition speeches

Cool
The one issue any 40k story has is soo much backstory to fill in at once
A film could drown in characters doing exposition speeches
I don't think so. Just run a 3 minute rise of the Emperor, the legions, Horus's fall, Emps on the throne, 10,000 years of decay- 1 minute introduction to the idea of the faction being talked about (Inquisition, IG, SM, Rogue Traders). Don't do the exposition thing just run with it like everyone knows what is going on from there. People that care about lore will buy the books. win/win.

I don't think so. Just run a 3 minute rise of the Emperor, the legions, Horus's fall, Emps on the throne, 10,000 years of decay- 1 minute introduction to the idea of the faction being talked about (Inquisition, IG, SM, Rogue Traders). Don't do the exposition thing just run with it like everyone knows what is going on from there. People that care about lore will buy the books. win/win.
Yep
Tyranids would prob be a good starter..eveyone loves man vs bug sci fi

Yep
Tyranids would prob be a good starter..eveyone loves man vs bug sci fi
Just have it be a lictor harassing a forward operating base with a Platoon of IG in a jungle followed by a massive swarm of gaunts to end it in a big shoot out.

I had to check to see if the video game forum was shut down.

It's ok ts,

We are the emperors chosen.

Spreading his name throughout the galaxy and sherdog.

Just have it be a lictor harassing a forward operating base with a Platoon of IG in a jungle followed by a massive swarm of gaunts to end it in a big shoot out.
Yeah being 40k though there would have to be space marines ..maybe a small deathwatch kill squad

Back