Wars.

CastletonSnob

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Sometimes, you just wanna see a fight where two fighters beat the shit out of each other without much in the way of technique.

Name some great slugfests.

Conor McGregor vs Floyd Mayweather Jnr

Be prepared for amazement if you haven’t already seen this one......

Absolute BRAWL.

For me one of the greatest was Hagler vs. Hearns. Both fighters were in 'kill or be killed' mode that night. I think it was a big mistake for Hearns to fight like he did when he could have won by boxing more.

Another one that I think was a great battle was McClellan vs. Benn. And we all know the sad outcome of how that one ended.

And for a recent fight I think Klitschko vs. Joshua was an absolute HW war. Best performance we've seen from Wlad for many a year. Only one fighter was going to be left standing at the end of that.

Last edited:
For me one of the greatest was Hagler vs. Hearns. Both fighters were in 'kill or be killed' mode that night. I think it was a big mistake for Hearns to fight like he did when he could have won by boxing more.

Another one that I think was a great battle was McClellan vs. Benn. And we all know the sad outcome of how that one ended.

And for a recent fight I think Klistchko vs. Joshua was an absolute HW war. Best performance we've seen from Wlad for many a year. Only one fighter was going to be left standing at the end of that.
Marvelous-Marvin-Hagler-war.jpg

He knew what was up.

Foreman vs Lyle
Ward vs Gatti
Hagler vs Hearns

The usual suspects will show up here.

This well has been visited often, but I do like seeing any vid posts I haven't seen yet.

Castillo vs Corralles 1

Bowe vs Golata was insane.

Certainly not one of the all-time great wars, but I just rewatched Maidana/Soto Karass the other day and that's a really fun fight (the atmosphere was quality, too).

This side of the usual suspects (ie. fights involving HoF inductees or contenders) :

Hagar vs hearns and benn vs McLelan are the 2 that spring to my mind. 2 of my all time favourite fights

High level or action slugfests Pryor vs arguello 1 has it all and between two top notch fighters Pryor combos were on some MK juggle action level

Some wars with some decent display of skill :

Moorer vs Cooper
Hamed vs Kelley
Arturo Gatti vs Rodriguez, Ruelas, Ward etc

Ron Lyle vs Earnie Shavers, Shavers dropped Lyle for the first time in his career but lyle wound up with the KO victory a couple of rounds later. Two brutal punchers
350px-Ron_Lyle_vs__Earnie_Shavers___Fasan.jpg

Back