Was Bruce Lee right about no rules stand up? His stance, fencing ideas etc

what's better, catch wrestling or bjj? always was curious about that

Sakuraba vs gracies?
Billy Robinson vs royce gracie?
catch wrestling or bjj?

What the hell is catch wrestling or shoot wrestling. I never understood these terms. This is wrestling

Bruce Lee is a scam and a fraud. I can not believe there is so much discussion on him and Gracie family for example. It is really simple - if you are looking for fighting tips in the history you go first to long history olympic sports such as wrestling and boxing, then for professional sports such as MT and kick boxing, and lastly to lower tier olympic sports such as tkd and judo. You do not find magic in scams such as Bruce Lee or Gracie.

Pretty much with you on Bruce Lee, not sure why you'd equate him with the Gracie as they fought a lot of people under limited rules and generally won. As a family and as business people they're not especially likeable, but it's hard to argue that BJJ isn't a fundamental part of modern MMA.

Or is a more sport like stance and set of tactics superior to what Bruce Lee recommended

Bruce would have said the groin was too open and the lead weapon (eye jab) too slow (has further to travel) and telegraphed from a kickboxing or muay thai stance

So both the offense and defense of the kickboxing stance etc are under question when it comes to street fighting or 0 rules fighting

Very interesting thread . I hope we can make some more of these in the near future about other martial arts GOAT fighters.

How about roadrunner & Tom& Jerry (foot work), Sylvester Stallone , Garfield the cat (power punching and claw style) , Keanu Reeves (slips and bobs)

<Moves>

Last edited:
ANY SERIOUS ANSWERS?

BRUCE HAD SOME GREAT IDEAS FRAUDSTER OR NOT.

WHY EXPOSE THE GROIN?

WHY KEEP THE JAB BACK WHERE EYE JABBING BECOMES MUCH HARDER AND SLOWER?

MUAY THAI IS LIMITED BY RULES AND EVOLVED AROUND THEM IT HAS BUILT IN WEAKNESSES EVEN THOUGH ITS VERY EFFECTIVE

THE OPTIMAL WAY FOR STRIKING ON THE STREET PROBABLY IS NOT MUAY THAI ITS LIKELY DIFFERENT BECAUSE THE DYNAMIC IS DIFFERENT

I AM ENVISIONING MMA WITH A FEW MODIFICATIONS IN STANCE TECHNIQUE AND TACTICS AS OPTIMAL FOR HAND TO HAND NO RULES, A MIX OF JKD AND MMA BUT MANY PARTS OF EACH ARE DISCARDED

THE MMA STANCE IS CHANGED AS IS THE JKD STANCE, NEEDS TO BALANCE PROTECTION OF THE GROIN LEG NERVE TAKE DOWNS AND EYES

NO SIDE KICK, NO HOOK KICK, FROM JKD, STANCE A LITTLE MODIFIED FROM JKD AND MMA

ROUND KICKS YES FRONT KICKS YES, BOXING YES MORE SO THAN KICKS, EYE JABS YES, STRAIGHT LEAD FINE, WRESTLING TAKEDOWNS N DEFENSE DIRTY BJJ YES

THATS HOW I SEE OPTIMAL STREET FIGHTING

I see it as a blend of wrestling(mma style) bjj(but street version for concrete) boxing(brilliant as it is), muay thai(needs heavy modification) and dirty fighting (eye jabs groin kicks etc ) the MMA stance needs to be modified for scientific street tactics

I think too much traditional crap infected Bruce Lee's ideas I dont think its smart to throw hooking heel kicks even to the groin in street fighting id be cautious about using any kick. I think too much safety rules BS infected MMA

Last edited:
Dude have you ever fought in real life? Fights end pretty quit. Usually the one that is more decisive and attacks first wins. Usually people who have done some fight sports will be more decisive. I ve fought once against 4 people and won, because they did not really want to fight. I basically hit 2 guys and it all ended as they got scared.

There almost no fights that will go for a minute long. Usually there is not ground fighting unless one of the two is a trained wrestler and usually it ends pretty quick with some nasty suplex, not even a take down, just a grab and a trow. As stand up nobody usually trows kicks it is punching. Low kicks can be situationally good weapon. Groin kicks are hard to pull - that is a small area you need to hit. Eye pokes are almost impossible unless you want to break your fingers. Situational eye pokes may happen like they happen in MMA, but an intentional eye poking jab you risk ending the fight pretty quickly for you.

lik, I respect your opinion and you have a strong stance based on your own experience. In most cases, you sound very intelligent and have legitimate points. I however would humbly disagree though. I fight in JKD and everything you mentioned above is, in my opinion, false. I don't like doing groin kicks and eye jabs unless it's a complete street fight situation, but I've landed eye jabs and groin shots accidentally in sparring and it is a lot easier than you think. Eye jabs reach way farther than the fist and I can count over 10 times I've landed eye jabs on many opponents, including thai boxers and boxers who have competition experience/professionally. I did not "gouge their eyes" though and instead I hit targeted the forehead to "inflict the concept" that eye jabs are useful. Of course he didn't know he thought it was just a finger flick. You'll only break your fingers if you DON'T know how to eye jab properly. You don't just throw your fingers at some man's face. You position your fingers like a spear and use your index and ring finger to support the middle finger so it doesn't "break upon impact" on your own fingers.

Groin kicks are actually really easy as I've done them even on accident so many times. Now imagine if I was seriously intentional I would always not have a sparring partner. Don't presume I wanted to do the groin kicks on purpose, it was accidental and it was literally so easy I had to avoid doing it. I don't even like doing eye jabs or groin kicks but whenever it happens it was never a struggle to land, and I was never "knocked out" for doing them.

Muay thai stances are nice but they leave themselves wide open for mid sidekicks. They have lots of power and if a JKD man isn't careful he will eat some mean leg kicks or rib kicks. I've landed sidekicks and high head hook kicks to a couple thai boxers. I've low sidekicked a thai boxer in the middle of him throwing a feint rear cross combination into roundhouse kick, and I low sidekicked his lead leg and it shook him off balance, losing power in his kick. I've also eaten thai kicks to the leg and ribs but I absorbed it and quick countered (riposte) with a strike back hitting them. That shook his confidence in throwing random kicks and he switched over to superman punching and other stuff.

If people go around saying Bruce Lee is a fraud, then how come some of his techniques and strategies have worked for me and for other people like Joe Lewis? Since when was Bruce Lee "traditional" like in the sense of Choy Li Fut and White Crane? I don't understand but please clarify me on this.

and BringTRT, where are you getting your JKD info from. Do you own books or you watched youtube videos? You trained in JKD before?

lik, I respect your opinion and you have a strong stance based on your own experience. In most cases, you sound very intelligent and have legitimate points. I however would humbly disagree though. I fight in JKD and everything you mentioned above is, in my opinion, false. I don't like doing groin kicks and eye jabs unless it's a complete street fight situation, but I've landed eye jabs and groin shots accidentally in sparring and it is a lot easier than you think. Eye jabs reach way farther than the fist and I can count over 10 times I've landed eye jabs on many opponents, including thai boxers and boxers who have competition experience/professionally. I did not "gouge their eyes" though and instead I hit targeted the forehead to "inflict the concept" that eye jabs are useful. Of course he didn't know he thought it was just a finger flick. You'll only break your fingers if you DON'T know how to eye jab properly. You don't just throw your fingers at some man's face. You position your fingers like a spear and use your index and ring finger to support the middle finger so it doesn't "break upon impact" on your own fingers.

Groin kicks are actually really easy as I've done them even on accident so many times. Now imagine if I was seriously intentional I would always not have a sparring partner. Don't presume I wanted to do the groin kicks on purpose, it was accidental and it was literally so easy I had to avoid doing it. I don't even like doing eye jabs or groin kicks but whenever it happens it was never a struggle to land, and I was never "knocked out" for doing them.

Muay thai stances are nice but they leave themselves wide open for mid sidekicks. They have lots of power and if a JKD man isn't careful he will eat some mean leg kicks or rib kicks. I've landed sidekicks and high head hook kicks to a couple thai boxers. I've low sidekicked a thai boxer in the middle of him throwing a feint rear cross combination into roundhouse kick, and I low sidekicked his lead leg and it shook him off balance, losing power in his kick. I've also eaten thai kicks to the leg and ribs but I absorbed it and quick countered (riposte) with a strike back hitting them. That shook his confidence in throwing random kicks and he switched over to superman punching and other stuff.

If people go around saying Bruce Lee is a fraud, then how come some of his techniques and strategies have worked for me and for other people like Joe Lewis? Since when was Bruce Lee "traditional" like in the sense of Choy Li Fut and White Crane? I don't understand but please clarify me on this.

and BringTRT, where are you getting your JKD info from. Do you own books or you watched youtube videos? You trained in JKD before?

Anyone that trains JKD is an idiot thats blowing cash.

If you want to learn JKD that works, you are better off taking up a sport like boxing and using the JKD stance and straight lead economical hook etc then at least you will develop a big part of JKD ie boxing

If you go learn JKD from an instructor you will learn technique and do light sparing and youll get killed by anyone with any experience at really fighting in a sport like MMA boxing kb etc

Even Bruce Lee only advocated sparring, not sport competition, you need the safe parameters of a sport to build experience and therefore effectiveness if you want to make JKD work the way Bruce wanted it to.

Otherwise you are just a noob

Back