Was Dana mad at Jan and Ank?

Boring lay and pray had people going through their phones. Also UFC obviously wanted Ank to win that fight, then Joe and DC made it even more obvious acting in the most shitty way ever to grace commentary outside of 1980s straight to vhs movies, and all that on top of Paddy being exposed.

I understand the anguish, if Jan stays in the game he can easily take on Jamahal and Jiri, who are strikers first, and Jan is super difficult to market.

Jamahal Hill is such a weird choice though. I guess the best choice but... Even still a weird one.

That's just it. Ahead of him at LHW, you've got Jiri (out), Glover (in that fight), Jan (just had the draw), Ank (just had the draw), Rakic (just lost to Jan), and Smith (just lost to Ank). Krylov might be the only other contender, and Hill has a more impressive win streak right now. So, that makes it Hill.

Too bad, so sad. Ank should have gone out on his sword with his busted shins, or finished the fight.

This is professional sports. That means it's 50% entertainment. Every single organization (NHL, NBA, etc.) makes rule changes to make the sport more exciting. MMA is currently trying to work out as much as possible wrestling 'control time' strategies in which no actual damage or threat is posed. This is a fact and we see it in more and more fights. Just recently Puelles vs Hooker, Puelles held a leglock for like 4 minutes, and he still lost the round. Why? Because he did no damage. Hooker stood up, landed a couple shots and that's all it takes to win the round after being held down.

Ankalaev chose to wrestle, which would have been fine. But instead of trying to WIN the fight by advancing his position, going for submissions, etc., he chose to just hold Jan down and grind out the clock. That's not acceptable anymore in modern MMA. if you don't like the direction MMA is heading, find another sport. This is reality.
"Just bleed" perspective bro, that view is outdated.

He kept saying the fight wasn't good and him not giving them a rematch seemed like a punitive dick move.

I mean it wasn't optically the most pleasing fight but both of these guys were fighting their hearts out and I believe a rematch is justified.

So what was Dana's problem ? Is he pissed because noone lost consciousness?
I was impressed with Ankalaev coming back with two damaged legs.
I was completely unimpressed with Jan outside the leg kicks.

Jan hasn't done anything since the Izzy defense. And wins over Corey Anderson, Luke Rockhold, and Dominick Reyes have not aged well.
So I'm calling it, Jan is overrated. Or at least he's GREATLY benefitted from a UFC without Jones, DC, Rumble, and prime Gus.
But the same could probably be said about Glover as well.

I kinda like what Dana ended up doing but I didn't like his criticism of the fighters. He has defended way worse fights than that.

Its a stupid take by Dana
The fight wasn't boring to me
And to say Ankalaev didn't do any damage yet got a 10-8 is prepostrous
Only one party screwed up and it was the judges

We definitely don’t need the rematch on any main card. Bury it in the prelims if so

The co-main and main were both shit.

Shame really as the card had been great fun up to that point.

Döner White wanted it to be a BARNBURNER, not a Snoozefest

It's hard to sell either of those guys as the best at LHW after that fight. They both looked bad.

Back