Media Was GSP among the most jacked WW's of his era?

Look at the size of this monster.

He's skinny now and walks around closer to LW, but in his heyday he was probably the most jacked WW around. Who else was as incredibly jacked as GSP?

georges-st-pierre-during-ufc-100-at-the-mandalay-bay-events-center-HAHJ2G.jpg
[
He walks around at 185!! Not LW!
He's skinny now and walks around closer to LW, but in his heyday he was probably the most jacked WW around. Who else was as incredibly jacked as GSP?

He was Jacked for your average person but nothing crazy for mma WW

A lot of other guys at WW were more jacked

Why are you showing an Alves from after 2014?

zhgoE2L.png

The Alves that fought GSP was not the same Alves who fought over 5 years later.

The Alves that fought GSP wasnt even the one on the left. That was the 176 Alves who obliterated hughes

The Alves that fought GSP wasnt even the one on the left. That was the 176 Alves who obliterated hughes
The Hughes' fight and GSP fight were within 11 months of each other, which is a more accurate representation of what Alves looked like during GSP's era as opposed to showing a picture of Alves after GSP had already retired.

But here you go anyway:
ufc100_09_gsp_vs_alves_001.jpg

Alves was more jacked than GSP.

The Hughes' fight and GSP fight were within 11 months of each other, which is a more accurate representation of what Alves looked like during GSP's era as opposed to showing a picture of Alves after GSP had already retired.

But here you go anyway:

Oh I agree that it's more accurate than the 155 Alves comparison. But the most prolific jacked Alves pics came after he missed weight big time

I know this guy was MW, but deserves an honorary post IMO
wide.jpg

Why are you showing an Alves from after 2014?

zhgoE2L.png

The Alves that fought GSP was not the same Alves who fought over 5 years later.

Can you just post normal pics of the guy not where he's trying to flex like the incredible hulk?
<{cruzshake}>

But here you go anyway:

Better comparison.

These were massive WW's at the time.

GSP seems to have a bigger frame, longer arms and much pointier elbows, but Alves traps and chest are poppin.

Two WW monsters.

A simple glance at some pictures would have answered this question... I think this was your excuse to stack up pics of muscley 170 pounders

I personally don't follow the Diaz "Everyone is on steroids." accusation. I believe the fighters are innocent until proven guilty. Now some fighters physiques certainly raise questions but no always all of them, Alves being one of them or at least back in the day had me thinking he was using PEDS.

I always found Diaz's "Everyone is on steroids" statement amusing, because that automatically included both him and his brother (since they were part of everyone). Plus I don't think fighters tell anyone (not even their coaches or friends) that they're using -- too many high level athletes have been caught not by tests but by their teammate's statements for anyone to say anything to anyone.

And I think you can tell almost nothing from physiques -- if you could then every sporting organization in the world would ditch the very expensive and inconvenient blood tests and go with much cheaper and easier visual inspection.

The reason I think everyone is using at least small doses is that it'd be a huge disadvantage in terms of training-recovery to not use. The ones getting caught are of course using larger doses (or really cheap drugs, or don't follow the simple schedules properly, or have incredibly bad luck). I have of course no proof, and in a court of law I'd say innocent until proven guilty. On an online forum where I'm adding just another baseless opinion I'll say I suspect everyone's using at least small dosages, like a supplement -- not to gain strength and muscle, but to allow faster recovery from all the injuries that plague MMA training (no other sport tolerates the rate of training injuries that MMA does, an NFL coach would be looking for a new job if he had the same rate of training injuries as most MMA camps).

Back