Was GSP's return the most underwhelming return yet?

Everyone knew GSP was going to find the striking against Bisping, get cut up on the ground and then find the RNC.

You try to make it sound great, but anyone with a brain new how that fight was going to go. Forgettable performance.

hindsight is always 20/20 - tons of people thought GSP would lose due to being out of shape/ring rust or just lose to strikes, and bisping was putting the hurt on GSP who was fading fast

If you're a hater, then it wouldn't matter if it was the most exciting comeback in the history of the sport, you'd still whine like a bitch.

tumblr_nczaagn2rC1qaa8d1o4_r1_250.gif

Georges-St-Pierre-def-Michael-Bisping-for-middleweight-title-submission-rear-naked-choke-part-2.gif

To me it's right next there to BJ Penn. BJ tried to get back into the octogon for along time, and when he finally did, he got destroyed. And GSP had so much build up and hype behind his return, just to get beat Michael Bisping and leave.

It all seems like it was kind of a waste of time. Sometimes I forget GSP even returned last year.

You sir, might be retarded.

He came back, had his first finish in a decade, to win the belt at a higher weight class.

Lol it was pretty memorable...and I was impressed with GSP.

You’re just a hater

What even constitutes a "return" anyway?

And the answer is obviously NO. Here's some examples of worse of the top of my head:
Royce Gracie returning to the UFC in 2006.
Rampage returning to the UFC for one fight in 2015.
Pulver returning to the UFC in 2006.
Mark Coleman returning to the UFC in 2009.
Phil Baroni returning to UFC...whenever that was.
Brock returning illegally in 2016 and pissing hot.

Etc etc

When you have done as much as GSP has done in his career, you can do what ever you want.

Well... I was expecting GSP to throw power doubles from 10 miles away and still get the takedown.

I was underwhelmed by his takedowns but pleasantly surprised by the knock down and submission win.

No it was awesome, comes back and finishes a guy at a higher weight class after always getting called out for not finishing people!

Yep, talk about silencing the haters. “The guy never finished... cept for the time he came back and took out the champ of the division above...”

good for him for coming back and beating bisping. i'm sure gsp is still furiously jacking off over the fact that he's technically a 2 division champ now.

my opinion is that he always coveted that middleweight title but was too scared to fight anderson at the time, and with conor becoming a two division champ it was something that GSP's ego couldn't do without.

bisping played his part.. he only wanted to fight GSP, and in turn GSP only wanted to fight him. UFC allowed it to happen, accommodating all ducks delays etc etc to make it a main event. make no doubt about it GSP wants NOTHING to do with woodley.. or any other middleweight other than bisping. he came in and used his name to cash in on a sweet opportunity but I somehow feel like it did more harm to his legacy than good. ** any and all disdain I have for GSP would disappear if he were to take on a credible opponent like woodley or future MW champion romero or even khabib at lightweight.. but let's be real its never going to happen **

it was a great return.

GSP not only unseated a champ who displayed zero interest in defending against legit contenders, he promptly vacated the title and restored order to the division.

regardless of what anyone thinks of GSP, or his return, we all owe him a 'thank you' for this service.

that he triggered many of his critics around here in the process is just icing on the cake, tbh :D

To me it's right next there to BJ Penn. BJ tried to get back into the octogon for along time, and when he finally did, he got destroyed. And GSP had so much build up and hype behind his return, just to get beat Michael Bisping and leave.

It all seems like it was kind of a waste of time. Sometimes I forget GSP even returned last year.

yeah what a shitty comeback. Beating the MW champion with ease after a 4 year hiatus. Easy as fuck TS you should do it

Back