Was Tryon vs wonderboy 1 a boring fight?

The first fight had its moments and was interesting enough but the draw result and the subsequent stinker makes people forget.

I thought the first fight was great, he really hurt WB on the ground with elbows early on, then dropped him and nearly got the guillotine finish, then WB got out and started pounding on Woodley, then seemed to get some confidence and the tide turned on the feet,

I had 3 rds WB 2 rds TW but one being a 10-8 so draw was fair

everyone wanted the rematch, as the first was exciting, anyone saying differently as has already been pointed out, is revisionism at its finest

WB forces almost everyone into a boring fight. WB vs Till was boring as hell, WB vs Rory was god awful. Masvidal fight pretty much sucked as well. He's the king of the staring contest. In the Till fight one of the bloody elbow guys tweeted, "i gave that round to WB ... i thought he bounced better". that pretty much sums it up.

WB forces almost everyone into a boring fight. WB vs Till was boring as hell, WB vs Rory was god awful. Masvidal fight pretty much sucked as well. He's the king of the staring contest. In the Till fight one of the bloody elbow guys tweeted, "i gave that round to WB ... i thought he bounced better". that pretty much sums it up.
He's a nice guy he he himself said he doesn't like going for finishes and likes point fighting, that says all imo.

I enjoyed it. It wasn't a war that the JBG would smile upon but it was extremely technical and the style contrast was interesting to watch play out.

It wasn't necessarily boring
But it deff wasn't exciting

It was brilliant. I remember arguing with morons on here about it at the time. The general consensus was that twood would wrestle fuck Thompson but instead he stood with and beat Thompson on feet, the supposed best striker in the game. Both fights were excellent.

First one was awsome.

Am I the only one who got mad on Wonderboy and not Woodley in the 2nd fight? Wonderboy got gifted a rematch and as a challenger he refused to go for it until the end, and the second he tried Woodley had a real damaging counter in place.. I was very confused when I realised that all of mma was blaming Woodley and not WB for the boring fight...

No
But is has zero replay value
It was one of those fights that's tense as fuck to watch when live.

That 4th round sequence that Wonderboy managed to survive was bonkers.

I've heard dudes say the 1st and 2nd fight weren't that different but that's revisionism. The first fight was good. It had suspense, and it delivered before it was thru. The 2nd fight was like waiting in a rollercoaster that's climbing up to the top, and then never comes down

The only reason the second fight didn't have suspense was because we'd seen it before. They were remarkedly similar fights. The total strikes were similar, Woodley got a single takedown in each fight and he rocked Wonderboy in both fights. And apart from these two moments, not much else happened.

The only reason the second fight didn't have suspense was because we'd seen it before. They were remarkedly similar fights. The total strikes were similar, Woodley got a single takedown in each fight and he rocked Wonderboy in both fights. And apart from these two moments, not much else happened.
The 2nd fight had suspense, I'm just saying that's all it had. I enjoyed the 1st fight, still do

The 2nd fight had suspense, I'm just saying that's all it had. I enjoyed the 1st fight, still do

The second fight played out exactly the same as the first fight. Wonderboy actually landed more strikes in the second fight.

Back