Was Your Thread Deleted, Moved or Merged? Ask about it here - Vol 4

Curious why my posts in the
"Police investigating shooting at Jorge Masvidal's house in MIAMI"
were deleted. Reason given was thread derailment? I dont get understand ....

I said something to the effect of "What a surprise"? and later asked another poster what that poster's "MAGA family" comment was in reference to, Hardly thread derailment or inflammatory comments.

Any mods care to explain?
A number of posts in that thread were removed as part of an overall cleanup. A couple of yours were included.

A number of posts in that thread were removed as part of an overall cleanup. A couple of yours were included.
Why? What was "Derailing" about my posts? One was a off hand comment, of which there are plenty more in that thread and many much more derogatory than mine. The second was a legitimate question about a MAGA reference made by another poster. Why did my posts get "cleaned up" when others - again much more derogatory than mine - did not? I'm trying to get my head around this and feel a bit targeted here.

Thread got deleted for the following reason

Screenshot-20230505-141546-2.png

Screenshot-20230505-141555-2.png

It was a serious thread looking at some of the classic arguments and logic behind some of the accusations people make regarding GSP as well as fighters in general regarding PEDs.

Would really like to find this mod who keeps deleting posts/threads as I believe he should be held accountable for deleting legitimate content from Sherdog from myself and others.

All the responses to the thread were legit as well. No bashing at all.
Could I get an answer on this? I have a pretty good idea who might've deleted the thread as this has happened quite a few times already.

It would be nice to see disciplinary action be taken, not just on users but also on a mod who takes advantage of his position to punish users he doesn't like. And remind him of the Sherdog rules.

https://forums.sherdog.com/help/terms

There's really no point in having this thread or the support section if nothing is ever done to combat a possible mod abuse. I only see answers to posts where the user is wrong or the reason for deletion is obvious.

Could I get an answer on this? I have a pretty good idea who might've deleted the thread as this has happened quite a few times already.

It would be nice to see disciplinary action be taken, not just on users but also on a mod who takes advantage of his position to punish users he doesn't like. And remind him of the Sherdog rules.

https://forums.sherdog.com/help/terms

There's really no point in having this thread or the support section if nothing is ever done to combat a possible mod abuse. I only see answers to posts where the user is wrong or the reason for deletion is obvious.
I deleted that thread, and explained exactly why it was deleted. Making threads about fighters and their PED speculation history invites people coming in to make those exact accusations. GSP never tested positive for banned substances, so to claim or allude to him taking banned substances is considered fighter bashing. Rather than handing out numerous cards or being forced to police the thread to remove those types of posts, we made the decision long ago to remove those threads outright. There's nothing good that can come from them, no minds to be changed, and nothing more than a bunch of rampant speculation.

As for disciplinary action, how would you like me, the forum administrator, to "punish" myself or "remind [me] of the Sherdog rules" that I am in fact enforcing properly?

I deleted that thread, and explained exactly why it was deleted. Making threads about fighters and their PED speculation history invites people coming in to make those exact accusations. GSP never tested positive for banned substances, so to claim or allude to him taking banned substances is considered fighter bashing. Rather than handing out numerous cards or being forced to police the thread to remove those types of posts, we made the decision long ago to remove those threads outright. There's nothing good that can come from them, no minds to be changed, and nothing more than a bunch of rampant speculation.

As for disciplinary action, how would you like me, the forum administrator, to "punish" myself or "remind [me] of the Sherdog rules" that I am in fact enforcing properly?
It was pretty apparent that the thread was the complete opposite of saying GSP did PEDs.

I started off the thread by saying why would a drug cheat advocate for better drug testing? It makes no sense. (Implying GSP is clean)

I then went on to say "Let's speculate for a second and pretend he did do PEDs, does it even matter? Since everyone was doing them. That would just make it fair game.

I ended my thread by saying that all arguments that can't be back up by facts are meaningless. And that it applies to all fighters.

My thread basically disarmed both sides of the argument.

None of the responses in the thread were fighter bashing. And nowhere in the Sherdog rules does it say that a thread that could "potentially" cause fighter bashing will be deleted.

If you guys start deleting threads that might, maybe, potentially, cause people to break the rules, then where does it stop? Might as well close down the forum because 1/3 of the threads on Sherdog can be viewed as a potential invitation for fighter bashing.

I know this isn't going to go anywhere, but just wanted to say my side of the piece. Appreciate the response.

lmao I make a thread talking about the absurdity/rarity of the UFC choosing to put a random dead ammy fighter's name on the cage and it gets moved to the LWs, then deleted an hr after that?
Not allowed to criticize the big marketing machine and lord Dana?

lmao I make a thread talking about the absurdity/rarity of the UFC choosing to put a random dead ammy fighter's name on the cage and it gets moved to the LWs, then deleted an hr after that?
Not allowed to criticize the big marketing machine and lord Dana?
Yes. You are not allowed to criticize Dana. That must be it.

That thread quickly devolved into personal attacks and politics neither of which are appropriate for the Heavies. Try making the thread in the War Room if that's the type of conversation you are interested in having.

Yes. You are not allowed to criticize Dana. That must be it.

That thread quickly devolved into personal attacks and politics neither of which are appropriate for the Heavies. Try making the thread in the War Room if that's the type of conversation you are interested in having.
lol why didn't you delete the random dudes posts in that case? I wasn't doing that. I get it tho, not a good look to be biting at the UFC, so any reason to scrub works.

According to the FAQ:
"-Don't post a thread with very little in it. A thread containing just a YouTube video or link is likely going to be dumped."
OK, thank you for clarifying that, I didn’t know.

Hey who deleted my thread about Dana and Tate?

The reason was 'bait thread.' Just for the clarification I had no intention to bait any controversy. How is is it 'baiting' anyway? Had that stream happened that would have been good for MMA to reach new audience. It's not under my control what people write in the thread. I know they started to fight each other there but what can I do?

Thanks guys

My thread about O’Malleys 6ix9ine tattoo was deleted, the reason given was “bait” and I’m not really sure what that means. Cheers in advance!

Why was my post deleted, while others way more unneccesary and more provocative posts still exist, even in the same thread?
IMG_3994.jpeg

My threads in Mayberry keep being sent to the War Room... For reason being political. The thing is, I can't post in The War Room without 500 posts. I guess I'm not supposed to talk politics until I get 500 posts? This rule seems kinda ridiculous. Maybe to deter trolls I'm guessing?

You answered your own question :)
This is from the FAQ in the Mayberry
" Political Threads
Threads that are political in nature belong in the War Room and do not fit with the light hearted environment of the Mayberry."
https://forums.sherdog.com/threads/mayberry-rules.116442/

So you simply have to wait to you hit the 500 posts.

hey bro's ,
so whatsup with the religion related topics ?
Are they forbiden ?
I just asked in war room why are religion threads not allowed and have been sent to beyond great immediatelly

Hi, someone deleted my thread and made the following comment:
upload_2023-10-21_13-26-15.png

Said my quotes were false, they were not, and just a few hours later after my thread was deleted sherdog posts the exact same article

Charles Oliveira Still Wants ‘Money Fight’ Against Conor McGregor (sherdog.com)

upload_2023-10-21_13-27-54.png

A bunch of people basically kept arguing with me that Charles did not consider the McGregor fighter to be "greater" and that it was a misquote.

Then sherdog goes and posts an article about how "greater" McGregor fight awaits him, and I get threatened with a ban.
Can someone explain how my thread misquoted people?

Because I did not misquote anyone. Period.
I want to know what exactly is the misquote, if it is over the reason of the one person who kept arguing with me that I left out comments made by Ali, even Sherdog's own article left them out seeing them as irrelevant.

Hi, someone deleted my thread and made the following comment:
View attachment 1007793

Said my quotes were false, they were not, and just a few hours later after my thread was deleted sherdog posts the exact same article

Charles Oliveira Still Wants ‘Money Fight’ Against Conor McGregor (sherdog.com)

View attachment 1007794

A bunch of people basically kept arguing with me that Charles did not consider the McGregor fighter to be "greater" and that it was a misquote.

Then sherdog goes and posts an article about how "greater" McGregor fight awaits him, and I get threatened with a ban.
Can someone explain how my thread misquoted people?

Because I did not misquote anyone. Period.
I want to know what exactly is the misquote, if it is over the reason of the one person who kept arguing with me that I left out comments made by Ali, even Sherdog's own article left them out seeing them as irrelevant.

This thread was also deleted for a misquote: upload_2023-10-21_13-33-49.png

No idea what is the misquote, and also I don't understand the "refuse to fix it in OP", there was no mod that asked me to fix anything, how did I refuse to fix something?

hey bro's ,
so whatsup with the religion related topics ?
Are they forbiden ?
I just asked in war room why are religion threads not allowed and have been sent to beyond great immediatelly
seems someone removed mods feedback about this inquiry, if there were any feedbacks : )

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back