• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

Was Zhang/Rose an early stoppage?

I am by no means one to bow to the Just Bleed gods but in watching the replay Rose knocks her down with the kick but it looked as if Zhang was getting up rather quickly and lucidly before getting hit with the two hammerfists which it looked like she was still defending. I want to add that I haven't rewatched this morning and am only going off my reaction of watching it in the post fight replay.

No not even close. When you're face down and getting punched in the head, and your hands are on the octagon floor and not covering your head, it's probably a good stoppage.

She was wobbling when she got up; she was done. Shell get her immediate rematch so no worries, i was rooting for Weily.

This. It’s not even close to me. And rewatched 5 times. Also, and I know it’s microdosing rogan, but he said that minutes later she finally looked like she was back on planet earth
I can’t believe there’s any controversy. You don’t drop like that then eat 3-4 hammerfists completely undefended and not get stopped. Not to mention she has the far off stare the entire time. Tell me what was intelligent about her defense after getting dropped? Ya’ll bloodthirsty thinking that wasn’t a good stoppage.

She was done, back of her bounced off the canvass and her defense included not defending 3 hammerfists to her face.

In addition, she coincidentally forgot what to say during the post fight interview. Maybe it was stage fright? Or maybe it was that she was KTFO

I dont understand why the ufc has returned to interviewing fighters who were just knocked out. They'd stopped doing so after Overeem vs Stipe, I believe.

I can’t believe there’s any controversy. You don’t drop like that then eat 3-4 hammerfists completely undefended and not get stopped. Not to mention she has the far off stare the entire time. Tell me what was intelligent about her defense after getting dropped? Ya’ll bloodthirsty thinking that wasn’t a good stoppage.
They are at the denial stage of grief. Is normal.

I dont understand why the ufc has returned to interviewing fighters who were just knocked out. They'd stopped doing so after Overeem vs Stipe, I believe.
First fight with crowd in ages. They were just giving the crowd a bit more than usual for the event.

She was still doing the stanky leg during the post fight interview lol.

It was a good stoppage but like any fighter she thought it was bad because she was still conscious....cant hate on Welli for that...she wanted to go out on her shield just like 90% of fighters do.

I say quick stoppage and she would've recovered.

First fight with crowd in ages. They were just giving the crowd a bit more than usual for the event.

Then Rogan should have spoken through a megaphone and Buffer should have worn a white and gold fur cape with a massive jeweled crown.

MammothPastHoiho-size_restricted.gif

Look at her eyes, far off stare the entire time.

A boxing example I can use if the ref stopped the fight after the fighter being knocked down on the floor for 5s, because they deemed them not being able to recover in time, or win the fight..

There would be a lot of controversy, ref would probably be replaced permanently as well
I mean Ben Askren just got stopped without any count

I wouldn't have minded it either way. I'm fine with the stoppage as it was, but I would have also been fine with it going on just a little bit longer, especially since it was a championship fight.

lol...Zhang can't even stand on her own without the aid of the ref...

Weird thing about that kick is that it wasn't a question mark kick at all, yet it definitely looked somehow like a low kick (you can even see Zhang scooting her hips back) before smacking Zhang right in the jaw.

I'm no expert in kicking techniques. What about this differentiates it from a question mark?

Back