Watching Pride: Final Conflict 2005 makes me realize how far MMA has evolved

How much as the HW division evolved since 2005?

• A lot

• Somewhat

• A little

• The same

• It has regressed

Results are only viewable after voting.
Yes. Even if it wasn't it's still good enough. Tuivasa stuck to mma rather than go to Glory.

Think hard about that comment, how old was Tuivasa in 2001?

Also MMA has way more potential than kickboxing if you want a career.

Not to mention Derek Lewis.
Lewis would show that precision beats wild fast haymakers and destroy Fedor if Fedor can’t get a clinch on him.

Fedor also had issues against fighters that could pummel, Lewis at least knows how to fight for underhooks so I doubt Fedor is taking him down.

Lewis would show that precision beats wild fast haymakers and destroy Fedor if Fedor can’t get a clinch on him.

Fedor also had issues against fighters that could pummel, Lewis at least knows how to fight for underhooks so I doubt Fedor is taking him down.
What is this shit

"if fedor cant get a clinch on him"

Whats with the auto-handicaps? Like Lewis doesnt have handicaps? Or do they not count for some reason?

______would beat Lewis if they took him down.

See how easy that is?

OH NO NOT UNDERHOOKS!!!!!!! Im pretty sure Nogueira,herring and many others knows what underhooks are.

What is this shit

"if fedor cant get a clinch on him"

Whats with the auto-handicaps? Like Lewis doesnt have handicaps? Or do they not count for some reason?

______would beat Lewis if they took him down.

See how easy that is?

OH NO NOT UNDERHOOKS!!!!!!! Im pretty sure Nogueira,herring and many others knows what underhooks are.

Only person Fedor fought who was good at pummeling in the clinch was Henderson, and he kept Fedor pinned on the cage for like 2 minutes before Hendo decided to break off.

He literally kept Fedor in the double under position against the cage for 2 minutes as a smaller man, while Fedor had NO IDEA how to pummel and turn it into a over under.

Lewis is a precision striker now. Ok.

why are we comparing modern day HW's against Fedro again? he was a small HW back then, by today's standards he would be forced to fight at MW or WW

Of course the sport has evolved. In making comparisons, people often go with the premise of “fighter x would beat Fedor”. Sure, and a supercar from 2023 is faster than the one from 2005. If Fedor was in his prime today, he would train and fight differently. Probably at LHW as well. But yes, without question, the sport has evolved.

Back