Way too much WMMA(UFC 286)

Eh?

I’d like a minimum of 2 wmma fights on every card. The last card only had one.

You get out of it, what you put into it.

If you don’t like the ladies. It’s not a big deal. Every major org has wmma fghts.

There are actual people that like the women.

And Canadian girls kick ass.

Loopy lives and trains in BC. I afford her the title of being an honorary Canadian.

Honestly if they let the fighters wear whatever they wanted it might be more entertaining. Like if Rachel Ostovich wore her superwoman weigh in outfit to the fight itself.

All WMMA fighters on the main card should celebrate victories like this in order to maximize their exposure.
tai-emery-bkfc-post-fight-interview.jpg

I just don't feel like I've got my monies worth if they don't.

We're going to go check out the UFC Fight Night card in San Antonio next weekend headlined by Chito vs. Sandhagen and there are 2 WMMA fights before the main event and 4 on the 13 fight card.
I'm not sure if you're aware of this or not, but chicks fight too.
And, before you try to knock women fighter's skill level, I'd point you to Holly Holm, Thug Rose, Valentina Shevchenko, Zhang Weili, Joanna, and another half dozen female fighters that are nothing short of the definition of badass.

I accept the argument that maybe female MMA fighters isn't interesting to you. Fair enough.
I'd rather watch them any day of the week vs. two boring wrestlers that dry hump each other to death for 15 mins to end in a boring split decision where the only real losers in the fight are the fans forced to watch it.
Just one man's $0.02

I don't mind the top of WMMA, but I'm not sure dealing the bottom is worth it for me. On the fence really about it being on UFC cards. I really hope higher level competition comes to WMMA one day.

Casey O'Neill vs Jennifer Maia is two ranked flyweights and it's the only WMMA fight on the PPV.
Jennifer Maia is 5-5 in the UFC and has missed weight multiple times. Casey O'Neill's most recent fight was a split decision against 40 year old Roxanne Modafferi who was 4-7 in the UFC and 25-20 overall.

OP's complaint is reasonable.

Jennifer Maia is 5-5 in the UFC and has missed weight multiple times. Casey O'Neill's most recent fight was a split decision against 40 year old Roxanne Modafferi who was 4-7 in the UFC and 25-20 overall.

Compared to some of the men's fights that had no business being on a PPV main card? No, not really.

Maia has pretty much only lost to the top of the division (Val, Fiorot, Chookagian 2x, Carmouche back in the day). Casey O'Neill is undefeated. This is obviously a big test to see if she can keep climbing the ladder despite the minor hiccup against Roxanne.

I don't really see what Maia missing weight before has to do with anything.

Last edited:

Parker Porter was on the main card of UFC PPV and yet no one the inclination to bitch and moan about.

This thread is just another excuse to trash women

Casey O’Neil is a ranked undefeated fighter on 9 fight winstreak from the UK fighting on a UK card fighting a former title challenger that DESERVES to be on the main card

Back