We all should boycott Disney movies!

slivercord

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
https://www.theverge.com/2017/11/6/16614204/disney-21st-century-fox-acquisition-talks-marvel-film-tv

"21st Century Fox has been in talks to sell most of its company to Disney, according to a report by CNBC. The discussions are said to have centered around Fox shedding its film and TV divisions, networks like FX and National Geographic, and the company’s stakes in international networks like Star TV and Sky."

Enough is enough, how much of the industry market they own? We are going into a decline in the modern era of cinema. I like super heroes movies, i had comics when i was a kid. But seeing a major hollywood studio worth billions, buy out the competition and rewashing so much crap angers me. 70s to 2000s was the best era for movies. I love sci fi like blade runner and thrillers, so from now on im going to pirate disney movies and make sure im not putting a penny on their pocket. Good cinema can still be made, and i dont have a problem with paying for it.

Cliffs:im triggered

You're not gonna stop people watching Star Wars, Pixar and Marvel Movies.

how about no. i don't care who makes the movies if it looks like something I'm interested in I'm going to watch it

yehhhhh nahhhh thats not gonna happen champ

0rXt9aS.jpg

I have zero interest in superhero movies or comics........or Star Wars post 1983

I've been to the cinema twice in a decade.

with so few studios and money making franchises being all important, we will see more writers and other creative types, take their work to Netflix or Amazon, which for me, can only be a good thing.

Hahaha the announcement was already made. The deal is done.

You're not gonna stop people watching Star Wars, Pixar and Marvel Movies.

Honestly the trouble now is that Disney and co have done there work too well, you give audiences anything besides this and they'll generally ignore it regardless of quality.

Did you just woke up from coma?
The deal was sealed last week bud

The Drama is strong in you. Feel your drama, embrace your drama, hate your drama! Soon you will have UNLIMITED POWER!!!

Also fuck no I'm not boycotting!

consolidation is inevitable, but dont sweat it, in 100 years we are all gonna be dead and the new generations will be ensalved, its not gonna be a happy ending but they might get lucky and a meteor kills this rolling dirtball

Yeah ok lets see you boycott the first Marvel movie to feature the Xmen, Spiderman and Avengers...

https://www.theverge.com/2017/11/6/16614204/disney-21st-century-fox-acquisition-talks-marvel-film-tv

"21st Century Fox has been in talks to sell most of its company to Disney, according to a report by CNBC. The discussions are said to have centered around Fox shedding its film and TV divisions, networks like FX and National Geographic, and the company’s stakes in international networks like Star TV and Sky."

Enough is enough, how much of the industry market they own? We are going into a decline in the modern era of cinema. I like super heroes movies, i had comics when i was a kid. But seeing a major hollywood studio worth billions, buy out the competition and rewashing so much crap angers me. 70s to 2000s was the best era for movies. I love sci fi like blade runner and thrillers, so from now on im going to pirate disney movies and make sure im not putting a penny on their pocket. Good cinema can still be made, and i dont have a problem with paying for it.

Cliffs:im triggered

Relax

Its never been a better time for filmmaking

The 90s were great but go back and watch a lot of those movies they seem simplistic and one dimensional, shows how quickly art evolves

Yeah ok lets see you boycott the first Marvel movie to feature the Xmen, Spiderman and Avengers...

I could tell you the entire movie in a few short sentences.

Good guys are hanging around doing their crime busting duties. Bad dude comes from a far off land and wants to take over the world. Fights and defeats good guys in the first 45 minutes of the movie. Good guy finds himself and then has a final showdown with bad guy. Good guy wins and the world is saved. Movie is over.

That sounds so intriguing and refreshing. You seen one super hero movie, you’ve seen them all.

You're not even really boycotting them. You're basically saying that you're just going to steal from them. What a rebel you are.

tenor.gif

Back