We named our son Jagger...thoughts?

Jon Stark

King in the North
Platinum Member
Reaction score
The boy was born on January 10 and after months of trying to figure out a name we agreed on Jagger on Tuesday. So far the reviews have been polarized. Either people love it or hate it and by hate it have said " That's different", "Ohhh Jagger?" "What will people really call him?", etc

I personally think this is a super cool name without crossing into the realm of sunflower sniffing hipster hippie names EG Moonbeam, Jupiter, etc

What does the berry think of this name?

Last edited:
Do he got moves though? But seriously congrats, I'd figure I'd be one for more traditional names for kids despite explosives habit of coming up with unique names. So it's odd at first but not terrible.

Who cares what anyone else thinks? if you like it, cool.

How do you pronounce it? Is the J silent almost like Jagerbomb?

I feel sorry for the kid, not gonna lie.

As long as you didn't name him Declan, he should be alright.

Sounds cool without trying too hard. I dont know why but I'm damn glad you didnt name him Jaedon or Jayden or Jadon or whatever.

How do you pronounce it? Is the J silent almost like Jagerbomb?

Pronounced like Mick Jagger's last name

Jag-er

So many nickname possibilities

J, Jags, Jag, Jaggy, Jax, Jaggerbomb

I like.

I wanted our son to be named Logan. This was like 20 years ago so it wasnt popular then.

Had to settle for the middle name. I never told my wife until later why I wanted that name.

wolf_by_nefar007.jpg

Sounds cool without trying too hard. I dont know why but I'm damn glad you didnt name him Jaedon or Jayden or Jadon or whatever.

I really like the Ja sound at the start of the name but those ones you mentioned were never in contention. We liked Jack and Jackson but there had been 4 babes in our circle of friends or family born with those names in the past few years.

I like.

I wanted our son to be named Logan. This was like 20 years ago so it wasnt popular then.

Had to settle for the middle name. I never told my wife until later why I wanted that name.

wolf_by_nefar007.jpg

I knew that picture was coming lol

Pronounced like Mick Jagger's last name

Jag-er

So many nickname possibilities

J, Jags, Jag, Jaggy, Jax, Jaggerbomb

Not Jax. That lame ass motorcyle soap has ruined that name. Jag is cool. I would steer away from any thing similar to Jagermeister. Cause it is a bitch drink for douchebags.

The good news is, no matter what you name your children. When they become teenagers, or maybe sooner. They will hate it and by association, hate you.

The good news is, no matter what you name your children. When they become teenagers, or maybe sooner. They will hate it and by association, hate you.

So much to look forward to lol

We crunched the numbers and in June 2033 if everything goes according plan my wife and I will celebrate 20 years of marriage, both be 50 and Jagger will graduate high school. I wonder how the world will look 18-20 years in the future.

Back