We need a judo thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Happy Boy

Silver Belt
Reaction score
Here we have Sherdog's official Judo thread. You are very welcome.

In this thread we have videos of every aspect of judo including many highlight reels of the world's current and previous judo stars. We have many experts of all grades who can answer questions, give advice and just generally have discussions with. We have huge heavyweights who can advise on big man judo, middleweights like me who do a kind of half and half style, and some lightweights for any speedy players needing some guidance.

This is not a thread for BJJ vs. Judo.

Come in, ask questions, have a good time with the stuff and feel free to post away.

HB

(links coming soon)

Oh nice one, I may remember it, I think I posted a Takimoto vid or two in it.

Also, can the judo guys on the forum identify themselves? Offhand I know Judogido, Bubbleboy, QMystic, Thailon, Frodo and Yeahbee. There are a few others knocking around but I cant think of them offhand.

Nice one.

Ouch man... very ouch.

Im a Judo guy, but I dont post here often/at all because its mostly BJJ guys. If there was a Judo subforum or stickied thread I would definately join in on the fun!

You think it could be a goer? We can make a big archive of videos from youtube and judoinfo and so on. Its going through quite a boom time at the moment on the world scene so maybe they would be open to it.

i am a BJJer and i wholely agree, piss all these judoka's out of our BJJ grappling forum... just joking :p
I think it would be great to ask judo related questions in a sub-forum dedicated to such techniques.

You think it could be a goer? We can make a big archive of videos from youtube and judoinfo and so on. Its going through quite a boom time at the moment on the world scene so maybe they would be open to it.

want me to make a poll?

thing is codemonkey..few can shoot the shit w/o getting pissed....on either side. Its kinda hilarious. Would make a good comedy section.

We should make a rule that all inter-disciplinary flaming is banned with automatic carding or something, as well as any references to Gracie/Yoshida or Helio/Kimura or anything like that. Comparing who win between belt grades of each side also would have to be banned.

there is so many lame posts lately about really basic stuff, and from people who are contemplating training or wanna talk about how effective this or that is on the street or style vs style debates... there should be more threads like this
http://www.sherdog.net/forums/showthread.php?t=602664
that thread is a fucking goldmine... I like reading about judo techniques coz my judo is < white belt

I pay for it:) Good deal tho.

where, how and what?

Should there be a judo only subforum?

Options

- yes, of course, judo rocks hard.

- no, of course not, judo is lame.

- whats judo? Breaking boards with your head?

From this we could deduce how much support it has and is there enough awareness to make it worthwhile.

it's too tempting to click the funny option (breaking boards)

I like the idea. a Judo sub forum or sticky would be perfect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back