WebMD says beer goggles are a myth

https://www.webmd.com/mental-health...alcohols-allure-real-and-risky?src=RSS_PUBLIC

A couple of drinks does not give you “beer goggles” that make other people look more desirable, the study found. But being tipsy may make you more eager to approach an attractive stranger.

--------------------

Another reason why I always roll my eyes at studies. This study had dudes blow a .07%, which is under the legal limit to drive in California, rate images while "buzzed" and found that beer goggles were not a real thing. That's not even close to drunk and knowing that people are going to view your choices of you who find attractive or not will lead to wildly different choices than a dude hunting for tail at a bar at closing time.

We all know walking away with a fatty at closing time is something you would only do when drunk. You don't ever see the DD taking a fatty home or making out with them in a dark corner.

My buddy gave some fat native woman with glasses his number one time when he was drunk. when he sobered up, it was pretty awkward dealing with her calls over the next week. He gets pissed if I bring up stuff like that today, I guess he thinks i'm trying to demean him, but it happened.

Alcohol doesnt magically make you find ugly people attractive, it just makes you not give a fuck that theyre ugly, once again nerds overthought some shit and had no idea what they were doing with a real world application
Pretty much this. It makes your decision making less than ideal. (All the way to insane levels)

Last edited:
https://www.webmd.com/mental-health...alcohols-allure-real-and-risky?src=RSS_PUBLIC

A couple of drinks does not give you “beer goggles” that make other people look more desirable, the study found. But being tipsy may make you more eager to approach an attractive stranger.

--------------------

Another reason why I always roll my eyes at studies. This study had dudes blow a .07%, which is under the legal limit to drive in California, rate images while "buzzed" and found that beer goggles were not a real thing. That's not even close to drunk and knowing that people are going to view your choices of you who find attractive or not will lead to wildly different choices than a dude hunting for tail at a bar at closing time.

We all know walking away with a fatty at closing time is something you would only do when drunk. You don't ever see the DD taking a fatty home or making out with them in a dark corner.
Yeah, a .07 isn’t even enough to get me to do karaoke. Beer goggles doesn’t even begin to activate until like .12. Black out drunk is full beer goggles mode. It’s also when you wake up in a different city on the floor of a place you have never seen in your life.

--------------------

This just in:
News is often full of shit. Sports and weather after a word from our sponsor (the real reason news exists).

My buddy gave some fat native woman with glasses his number one time when he was drunk. when he sobered up, it was pretty awkward dealing with her calls over the next week. He gets pissed if I bring up stuff like that today, I guess he thinks i'm trying to demean him, but it happened.

Your buddy needs to grow some balls.

I went out with a buddy a few weeks ago and started talking to this early 20 something year old super broey dude. He pointed to this huge ugly girl and admitted right off the bat that he took her home at 2am last weekend and was now actively avoiding her lol. For some reason my respect level went way up for the dude for admitting it.

Beer goggles is just a lower of inhibitions, rather than finding ugly, attractive. Just so horny you basically ignore looks altogether.

Many a diff types of goggles including beer, haven’t gotten pussy in months, or even sympathy goggles that will make one stoop to the typically undesirable vagina

So in other words, even when you were sober you wanted that 300 pound whale, but you denied that to yourself.

Your buddy needs to grow some balls.

I went out with a buddy a few weeks ago and started talking to this early 20 something year old super broey dude. He pointed to this huge ugly girl and admitted right off the bat that he took her home at 2am last weekend and was now actively avoiding her lol. For some reason my respect level went way up for the dude for admitting it.
it's just an insecurity thing in him, he's always had it and certain things bring it out. I just try not to bring some things up because it embarrasses him and his little puny ego.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
africancelary
Back