We'd all prefer to see Jon Jones vs Pavlovich than vs old man Stipe, right?

Who would you rather see Jones fight next?

• Total voters
There is plenty of time for Jones to fight him afterwards assuming he gets through Stipe but Stipe's time is quickly running out.

I'd prefer the Stipe fight honestly.
Stipe's time has already run out. He'll be 41 and hasn't won a fight in 3 years, and that was another 41 year old's retirement fight.

Jones is the one who's winding down and might very well retire after his next fight, and I don't want to gamble on Stipe having a decent performance after 40 coming off a brutal KO loss and 2 year layoff.

Stipe's time has already run out. He'll be 41 and hasn't won a fight in 3 years, and that was another 41 year old's retirement fight.

Jones is the one who's winding down and might very well retire after his next fight, and I don't want to gamble on Stipe having a decent performance after 40 coming off a brutal KO loss and 2 year layoff.

Good thing you're not a fight promoter then.

They can sell Stipe vs Bones as UFC HW GOAT vs UFC GOAT.

This will definitely sell more PPVs than a Russian with no casual name recognition.

If stipe beats another contender and looks good i wouldn't mind him getting the fight. As it is, I'd rather see pavlovich fight jones

I rather watch that fight…but I definitely understand Jones move to go for the less risky, bigger name with more money on the line.

If Jones beats Stipe and decides to take the Pav fight, it would be amazing.

Last edited:
This wouldn't even be an issue if people didn't suck down the bullshit narrative of Stipe being the greatest heavyweight of all time with his 3 fucking defenses.
He was one of the better HW's in history though. Anyway even if people didnt say it,UFC gonna push what they want and run with it. Jones was this pussy who was ducking Ngannou,and now he's the savior of the division because it suited the UFC both times to say these things. They know that there is enough fans of these fighters who will back it up because thats what they wanna believe.

If stipe beats another contender and looks good i wouldn't mind him getting the fight. As it is, I'd rather see pavlovich fight jones
If the poll in this thread is any indication, Pavlovich is the much more interesting matchup for Jon. The people have spoken.

Says a lot about Bones if eveb the haters acknowledge Stipe has nothing for him lol

Pav is pure violence but have we ever seen him wrestle before we go ahead and crown him the GOAT?

I see Bones strangling him in 3 unless dudes got some serious TDD I'm not aware of.

So, 76% of this forum is retarded?

Good thing you're not a fight promoter then.

They can sell Stipe vs Bones as UFC HW GOAT vs UFC GOAT.

This will definitely sell more PPVs than a Russian with no casual name recognition.
What does that have to do with your last post? Your post wasn't about PPVs, it was that Jones has plenty of time to fight Pavlovich later, and it seems like it's 1 or the other.

Stipe isn't a big PPV draw, so if PPVs is the main reason, I don't really see the "we need Stipe in there to really crank up the PPVs" angle. Jones would be the PPV draw either way, and I don't think the older smaller guy who hasn't fought in a couple years would add more than the younger, bigger guy KO artist with momentum.

LoL

Just goes to show how many shills around here. Nobody gives a sh** about Pavlo.

UFC desperate to create a storyline to keep Jon around.

It’s Stipe then Ngannou if UFC can get him back and that’s all she wrote.

lol @ anyone trying to pretend Stipe is a household name

<Grimes01>

Pav has 6 1st KO's in a row and Stipe hasn't won a fight in over 3 years

It's literally Jon's job to fight the rightful #1 contender

it's the money fight. they're trying to squeeze every last drop out of stipe before he rides off into the sunset. pavlovich will get his day in the sun, he's just gotta wait one more fight. no biggie.

it's the money fight. they're trying to squeeze every last drop out of stipe before he rides off into the sunset. pavlovich will get his day in the sun, he's just gotta wait one more fight. no biggie.
Never thought I'd ever see the day where Stipe Miocic was called 'the money fight'
<Grimes01>

Miocic would be easier for Jones. It's obvious. But sometimes we must say the obvious.

Pavlovich is the flavor of the week. It's just crazy how lightly regarded Stipe is now. It is disrespect from the promotion and fans. Stipe doesn't want to fight unless it is a for a title. He wanted a rematch with Francis and he is a bit bitter about the whole situation.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Epsteins Guard
Back