Weidman never proved he's better than Silva.

Let things go, that was years ago. Weidman was elite at one point, he beat Machida and Vitor who were both savages and had a great stretch before Rockhold.

Weidman was a great exemple that grit, confidence, good coaching, winner's mindset and wrestling can overcome a lack of talent

They had some crazy 185 ers in those years and Weidman was average but always found a way to shine

Silva was past his prime in their first fight.
Silva lost the first fight due to showboating and not taking the fight seriously.
Silva lost the second fight due to a freak leg kick.

These three factors make Weidman's wins against Silva dubious at best.
I still contend that a focused, prime Silva circa 2010 destroys Weidman.

Love,
Oris79

Weidman also did a cartwheel kick felling got gnp into oblivious. Extremely overrated.the luckiest fighter in history especially in those fights.

Everyone cries during the leg break but McGregor who tells everyone that their wife's in their DMs.

<Moves>

Conor W.

literaly no one on this planet that watches mma believe that weidman was better than silva

Agreed. He wasn’t better than Machida either.

I actually feel Tom Lawlor was better than him as well. He’s a better wrestler and has a higher nearly elite level of BJJ but Weidman just caught him in a fluke submission.

OMFG. Just the latest shit post by shitposter. I'll go ahead and chalk this and you up to trolling.

Teh Chris won twice, once pretty decisively. By definition he was better on both these nights. End of story.

I'll go ahead and just take all your threads as LULZ!

Chris tried to get so much hype from the leg break and then snapped his own shit in half years later. Funny stuff.

.overrate imo.

That's subjective since it depends on whats your percecption about how he was rated.

To say he was average is objectively retarded. Period.

Average is arguably a generous description of post-June 2015 Weidman.

That's not what he is saying but anyways....No, not even then. He was only losing, often in competitive matches, with top5ers while making quick work of Gastelum, the same guy who gave the champ Israel all he could handle for the belt.

English is not my first language. If it's yours, and still you have problems grasping what the word average means....:eek:

Was Silva past his prime when he fought Weidman? YES.
Is Prime Silva better than Prime Weidman? YES (in my opinion).

That said, Weidman was the better fighter both times they fought.

Fight 1:
Weidman took Silva down and beat his ass in the first half of Rd 1, then refused to play into his counter punching game after they stood up. Silva lands some vicious leg kicks and Weidman has no answer for them. Silva started showboating in Rd 2 to provoke Weidman into striking, and it backfired hard.
Verdict: NOT A FLUKE.

Fight 2:
Silva tries to clinch Weidman and gets dropped, then takes a beating on the ground. When they stand up, Silva falls back on the one thing that worked in the first fight: leg kicks. This time, Weidman is prepared to check the leg kicks and breaks Silva's leg.
Verdict: NOT A FLUKE.

And whose fault was that for Silva’s showboating and not taking it seriously?

Silva wasnt showboating this is such casual yahoo bullshit.

Silva is a dedicated counter puncher he was trying (and failing) to bait Chris into over-extending.

Silva wasnt showboating this is such casual yahoo bullshit.

Silva is a dedicated counter puncher he was trying (and failing) to bait Chris into over-extending.

Address that with the person I quoted.

Back