Weigh in right before match at 2pm

MMA Minx

White Belt
Reaction score
I have a jiu jitsu tournament this saturday. The weigh ins are right before the fight and my fight is at 2pm. I have been waking up 4lbs under the max weight for my division but have been drinking a gallon and a half of water a day for the past few days. I am going to cut that in half tomorrow and then drink only what is needed the day of. Does that sound right? I'm still not sure if this is correct and how I should go about eating and drinking on the day. Any thoughts? Damn I wish they would just let me weigh in when I get there.

Righto, you're waking up 4lbs under the limit every day.

Wtf are you worried about and why does it sound like you want to cut more weight when you've already made your division? Unless you're trying to make the division below, go eat a cheeseburger.

The weigh ins are late in the afternoon, by that time I need to have eaten substantially and had enough water to feel at top form. I guess I'm just worried about tipping the scales by that time.

Also, I appreciate your help and the "toughen the f**k up" tone in which it was dished out.

Back