weight gain?

TheBOO

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
I am looking to gain weight, I should of came in here and asked before I purchased anything....but I purchased BNS True-Mass. I am looking to gain 15lbs....I am not sure if anybody here had any advice towards gaining the weight? any advice would be helpful.:D

My friend brought some Optimum Serious Mass last week in hope of putting on alot of weight think he gonna try do at least a 3 month session of it.

He currently is 6'8 and 11 stone, he will weigh him self again wednesday when he shall have been on it a week. Not sure if thats too soon too tell but shall see.

make sure you atleast eat 2x your bodyweight in protein gram.

My friend brought some Optimum Serious Mass last week in hope of putting on alot of weight think he gonna try do at least a 3 month session of it.

He currently is 6'8 and 11 stone, he will weigh him self again wednesday when he shall have been on it a week. Not sure if thats too soon too tell but shall see.

11 stone? your friend needs to practice eating

jesus christ boys, eat REAL FOOD, and lots of it

it's not hard at all, you may even find it enjoyable

*wades through the white belts to stand with flash*

read the faq

Someone from work gave me a tub of that true-mass stuff and it actually works pretty well. It tastes terrible though IMO... I ran out of my reg protein shake for a week and had to use that instead and gained about 3 pounds which isnt too bad for one week...

Lift weights. Eat lots of good food.

make sure you atleast eat 2x your bodyweight in protein gram.

huh? Not too be dick, but if you're going to respond, at least try to make sense.

If you mean "Eat 2 grams of protein per kg of bodyweight daily" then you're kinda sorta on the right track.

Putting on 15 lbs is a fair bit. I'm going to assume it's 15 lbs of muscle the TS wants to add. Muscle growth= response to workload + proper nutrition.

Hence Sonnys'
Lift weights. Eat lots of good food.

Check the FAQ for details.

Kinda just typed something quick while i was tired.

I meant he should be getting in atleast twice as much grams of protein per lb bodyweight daily.

For instance, I weigh 155lbs, so I try to get atleast 310g of protein a day.

Kinda just typed something quick while i was tired.

I meant he should be getting in atleast twice as much grams of protein per lb bodyweight daily.

For instance, I weigh 155lbs, so I try to get atleast 310g of protein a day.

umm no that is not right. u dont need that much protein.

Of course you don't need that much
I'm just suggesting for his purposes of gaining a lot of a mass while bulking. You can still make a good gains from eating less protein than that.

Point is to get a lot of protein in your diet.

jesus christ boys, eat REAL FOOD, and lots of it

it's not hard at all, you may even find it enjoyable

Simple, smart advice. People always seem to rush out and want to buy a supp before even looking at their diet. FOOD IS MORE ABOBOLIC THAN ANY SUPPLEMENT.

6 meals a day if you really want to be hardcore. Make sure you're getting enough fats in you diet to build tissue to turn into muscle. Don't rely on manufactured protein supplements more than food (I do, but what the hell), however don't rely on just one weight gainer, throw a couple different ones in there, like the True Mass you bought as well as something like MHP's Up Your Mass, but balance out your intake of Carbs-Proteins-Fats in a 60-30-20 ratio, (don't remember if that's it exactly) and if you want to add some extra fat to your diet to bulk up for a few weeks mix flax oil or heavy whipping cream into your protein shakes for a month and then cut it out the next month.

Increase calories, carbs, protein, and keep fats reletivily low. Keep cardio low, and lift heavy often.

1. Eat lots or food. At least 2x BW for protein and then go crazy with carbs and fats (not too crazy)
2. Lift heavy weights...alot. Make the big 3 your top priority. Bench, deadlift, and squat. All are compound movements that hit tha largest muscle groups and will help you gain the most mass. DONT NEGLECT THE SQUATS AND DEADLIFTS.
3. Cut out the cardio. It does nothing but burn calories that you need to gain weight
4. Get enugh sleep.
5. Eat alot of food...did I already say that?

Goodluck man, if you are looking for any specific info feel free to ask.

remember though some diets work better for others, there really are no '"cookie cutter" diets.

Back