Weili will wrestle more in the rematch

>

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ExitLUPin

K
@Steel
Reaction score
How effective do you think itll be? From the Countdown and Henry being involved in the camp it seems wrestling will be an emphasis.

How effective do you think itll be? From the Countdown and Henry being involved in the camp it seems wrestling will be an emphasis.

I haven't seen people disclose their gameplan in Countdowns, but then again I dont watch a lot of those.

I think it would obviously help as long as Wei has a cardio for it

Rose is kinda slick on the ground, so she will have to watch out tho

Would be smart to us eher superior strenght and body shape for wrestlng to win instead of just banging.

It will slightly increase her chances because thats an extra aspect of the game Rose would have to worry about, but I don’t think it will actually be effective

Rose’s wrestling (not just grappling) is very underrated, She took down Andrade at will

It will slightly increase her chances because thats an extra aspect of the game Rose would have to worry about, but I don’t think it will actually be effective

Rose’s wrestling (not just grappling) is very underrated, She took down Andrade at will

Rose was 0/1 in tds agaisnt Andrade

Really, is that what you saw or are you reading me stats from some website. Because I remember her landing a clean takedown

I didnt watch that fight. Google

Sure. She'll wrestle more than nothing before getting KO'd. I don't think it's a great strategy for her though.

Lowers her chances. I think Rose already has better scrambles and submissions. Weili should try and stay out of those types of exchanges with Rose imo.

Yea what they count as a takedown and what is a real takedown are two different things.. it's just silly
It's more like they fought twice and she probably went 0/1 in one of them then landed a takedown in the other fight.

She’ll do everything more in the rematch.

She’ll even lose more.

Not sure a wrestling gameplan will work well with Rose. She is too mobile to get caught to begin with.

More generally, I would have given Weili a very decent chance in the rematch, but she seems to carry a Brock Lesnar sized chip on her shoulder since that loss. That's too much pressure for an optimal performance. We'll see how it goes, but if she loses again, not sure she will recover from it.

Welli is legit. Rose sneaked past Andrade in their rematch. We've seen plenty of examples of champs losing via first round KO to come back and reclaim their title in dominate fashion. I want her to win so I don't have to hear THUG ROSE or see that grooming sack of shit in her corner anymore

Rose took down Joanna to secure the fight in their rematch, her wrestling is not terrible. Joanna is not easy to takedown (just watch the Esparza fight). It's a good idea, but not sure how effective it will be. I still see Rose winning. Instant rematches when one fighter (the champ) was starched or decisively beaten, generally don't pan out well. Need more time to patch the holes and wins to gain confidence back, etc.

All Weili has to do is make it uncomfortable and Rose will break.

None of your choices are what I expect.

If the challenger wrestles... If she can get top position, I doubt she can be effective striking/wrestling/GNP. Rose is years and years ahead of her via technique... She will be to busy defending sweeps and submission attempts by the Champion to do much damage, unless she stuns Thug Rose on the feet and has her wounded on the ground.

I think wrestling will make it a different fight and a longer fight... But still favor champ Rose wherever it goes.

The Challenger is most dangerous with power striking, but nobody is wise to depend on a one shot KO... So a more well rounded attack makes sense.... But none of that matters if Thug Rose ends the fight early.

Hell, she may have planned wrestling in the first fight... Just got sent to the Astral plane before she could shoot.

At lighter weights the chance of flash KOs are a lot less frequent. (WMMA in particular)
So often the grappler who eats the shot but dominates the grappling ends up winning.
So it's not a terrible strat. I don't know if it will be enough to win the rematch though.
To be fair, WeiLi seems obsessed with winning this match, and that's usually a good sign that actual significant changes/improvements have been made to their game.

Back