Went back to college bros gtfih

IloveTHIS

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
How many of you changed careers or went back to school at a later age? What did you change to and what was your experience with it? Was it super hard working while also going back to school or not as bad as you imagined?

I went back multiple times until I found a profession I actually could get a job in.

I enjoyed college more and more each time out. Don't get me wrong its stressful and brutally hard work, but the girls... so many hottie in such a confined place.

2 minutes in the door and one is hormonally overloaded. Too much hotness all at once. Loved it.

Not too much later but took a brief hiatus between undergrad and grad to work for a bit. Getting a master degree was one of the best decisions I ever made. Opened up a good amount of opportunities.

plus the second time around I actually tried to learn instead of just survive classes.

Went back at 24 and finished at 29. Although I had to start over since I had a two year degree in automotive right after high school.

Went back and upgraded from physio assistant to human phys focus of exercise science, minor nutrition.

Currently work in medical marijuana industry because i make a lot more money and have benefits but i hate it.

Post secondary was easy as shit once you get through the dumb courses that have nothing to do with your major that you are forced to take.

Yes. I started college when I was 18, and went for a couple years. But then I wanted to devote all my time to music. So I took off a few years. I took a couple classes here and there. But was largely not in school.

I went back at 27 years old. I was working 30 - 35 hours a week too. It was tough. Not only because I was working, but also because I had forgotten a lot of the foundational stuff taught in power division classes. It took a semester to get back up to speed.

It was worth it though.

I know a lot of people who went back for graduate work / MBA's. Depending on your age, getting an undergrad degree that isnt professional based, or inline with your current career may be a higher risk to lower reward venture. You'll be competing with younger, better networked 20 somethings who generally are more flexible than your standard 40 something starting from the bottom.

I’ve never stepped inside a college classroom, no can help TS.

Yes it's superhard working full time and taking evening classes but it's worth busting your ass. Just don't major in something with no promising outlook.

Yes. I started college when I was 18, and went for a couple years. But then I wanted to devote all my time to music. So I took off a few years. I took a couple classes here and there. But was largely not in school.

I went back at 27 years old. I was working 30 - 35 hours a week too. It was tough. Not only because I was working, but also because I had forgotten a lot of the foundational stuff taught in power division classes. It took a semester to get back up to speed.

It was worth it though.
I was in the same position working 30-35 hours, taking 12 credit hours and doing internships all at the same time. It was a rough few years.

Yep gone back to study after work issues stemming from Covid. There is no fees right now so the timing is just right.

Completed my undergrad at 26. Unfortunately, I majored in Political Science with hopes of getting in with the federal govt. Hiring freezes and super tough competition made it difficult to get in. Went back at 32 to get my MBA in the sector I currently work in. It was one of the best decisions I made. Pretty much doubled my salary in a matter of a couple years

Went back in my early 30s. Had to stop short of my degree for financial reasons, but I still highly recommend it. I learned a lot, some of which I can apply at jobs.

I went back, not sure if it was worth it.

I worked part time and went full time. Got a Chemistry degree.

I was in the same position working 30-35 hours, taking 12 credit hours and doing internships all at the same time. It was a rough few years.
Yep. I would never have the energy to do that these days. Only in my twenties.

I haven’t been but I when I do go I will be at least mid-twenties. When it’s time for me to go, I will completely dedicate myself to studying. I don’t think I will have time to have a legit job.

Went back for mechE undergrad. Doing mechE while working full time was not fun, to say the least lol.

Last edited:
Back