Werdum vs Gustafsson predictions

MMABr

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
What do you guys think about this upcoming HW fight? Gus could do well without the weight cut, I'm sure he will feel a lot stronger and one would think he will have a pretty good speed advantage in this division over most fighters.

As for the fight itself, I believe it's one of the most interesting matchups in the card. Prime Werdum IMO soundly beats the Gus of recent fights, but looking at their current forms.... leaning towards the swede. He is still sharp.

Werdum looked very sloppy on the feet against Oleynik. It was, however, good to see he could outgrapple him without many issues. If the fight doesn't hit the ground, this might be it for Fabricio with consecutive Ls.

Don't see Werdum taking Gustafsson down, and while Prime Fabricio had some vastly underrated stand up, it seems to have all disappeared in his last 2 fights and after pissing hot

Maybe Gustafsson has some revamped KO power at HW

Gustafsson keeps it standing for a decision is the most likely outcome IMO

We'll see

What do you guys think about this upcoming HW fight? Gus could do well without the weight cut, I'm sure he will feel a lot stronger and one would think he will have a pretty good speed advantage in this division over most fighters.

As for the fight itself, I believe it's one of the most interesting matchups in the card. Prime Werdum IMO soundly beats the Gus of recent fights, but looking at their current forms.... leaning towards the swede. He is still sharp.

Werdum looked very sloppy on the feet against Oleynik. It was, however, good to see he could outgrapple him without many issues. If the fight doesn't hit the ground, this might be it for Fabricio with consecutive Ls.
Werdum looked worse than ever in his last fight. He will get KO'd in all likely hood. I wouldn't mind seeing him and Fedor rematch lol. Would be fun

Gustafson UD by boxing & footwork
Werdum was gassing in several fights, he is getting hold

Werdum looked like absolute shit in his last fight and Gus will be bigger than we've seen him at HW, so probably an early Gus KO

Can see Gus dancing around him and either out pointing Werdum, or Werdum gasses so bad that Gus wins by tko. If Gus can't stop the takedown from the older and slower Werdum then he deserves to lose.
that's it !
<seedat>{<redford}

One thing I've notice over the years is that most fighters going up to the HW division don't do good there and go back down. Maybe cause been hit by those monsters must not be fun... ;)

Werdum was coming off a long layoff against Oleynik but he looked slow and was gassed pretty quick his only shot is getting Gus down early and submitting him but his best years are behind him, I think Gus keeps it standing and gets a TKO in the second or third round.

I think Werdum by sub is likely. Much better grappling and he's good on the feet as well.

We haven't seen Gus at HW before though, so that's a question mark

Werdum looked like hot garbage in his last fight, which was coming off a 2 year failed PED test suspension. He did not look sharp and did not look like he took his training seriously for the last 2 years.

He is on the wrong side of 40.

prime Werdum would be a huge favorite.

The Werdum that fought Oleynik better hope Gus slips on a banana peel, otherwise I think he gets picked apart.

Werdum got badly outstruck by Oleyneik and gassed in the first round. If that Werdum shows up the corpse of Gustafson would beat him. I think Werdum is just totally shot and expect him to get beat up and hopefully retire.

Gus boxes Doom up... or Werdum looks 10 years younger
<Deported1>
and gets flagged post fight by USADA
<{danayeah}>

He hasn’t had time for a cycle that would make a difference. He just fought.

Unless he is on EPO or Cardarine which would boost his cardio (EPO would definitely show up on PED test, not sure about Cardarine, but I would assume it would otherwise everyone should start taking it)

I’d like to see Gus have success, so this is second opponent of Jon Jones had to rematch- to win at heavyweight.

It makes for his move up to HW more enticing

Back