Rewatch Were you surprised how many hard shots Nascimento ate from Lewis…

StewDogg11

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
Considering he got flatlined by Chris Daukaus in 45 seconds. Man I remember when I thought that guy was a legitimate prospect.

dd30e33382b9730a8817a4e10be3db87.gif

:(

Both fighters looked absolutely awful. The fact that both guys are ranked in the top 15 is a real indictment on the HW division.
Only if you don't understand weight and the human body and how it corresponds to fighting.

Let me guess, you think AAA-level NFL guys could win here?

Only if you don't understand weight and the human body and how it corresponds to fighting.

Let me guess, you think AAA-level NFL guys could win here?
the guy you're quoting he is 100% right.

lewis has power and that's it. they both fought sloppy, telegraphed and did not seem like high lvl fighters. THEY ARE RANKED. HW is really abysmal and it has noting to do with weight and the human body. want me to dig up vids of ranked HW's 10-15 from 20 years ago in mma or kickboxing? you really think that this headliner showed professional world ranked fighters?

I’m getting bad. I still don’t even know who this guy is. Or who knocked him out for that matter.

Getting old sucks
Don't worry, not many people know about Nascimento. Heavyweight just sucks now outside of like three or four guys at the top

Derrick lewis isn't a professional world ranked fighter?
he IS but it didn't show in the way he fought. he is a sloppy brawler with huge power and that's it.
that's the whole point....HW is really shitty and guys like lewis or even the shoe-beer-drinker can hang around the top 10-15 for ages. skills are not really needed, big guys can just rely on power and a brawl. in better era's these guys could get a win or two but never hang around the ranked fighters for a decade

Those announcers were acting like every shot landed

He did a good job blocking most of them though.

the guy you're quoting he is 100% right.

lewis has power and that's it. they both fought sloppy, telegraphed and did not seem like high lvl fighters. THEY ARE RANKED. HW is really abysmal and it has noting to do with weight and the human body. want me to dig up vids of ranked HW's 10-15 from 20 years ago in mma or kickboxing? you really think that this headliner showed professional world ranked fighters?

Weren’t most mma ranked heavies 10-15 years ago around 220-230 lbs? Most heavies nowadays are 250+, that’s probably why there’s a difference, all the smaller heavies with good skills dropped to 205

even derrick lewis said HW sucks

'im not gonna let a cab driver from brazil beat me'

yet the judges had it 1-1, 1-1, and 2-0 nascimento going into the 3rd.

Back