Were you very impressed by Ian Garry performance?

Were you very impressed by Ian Garry performance?

• Total voters

Takes_Two_To_Tango

The one who doesn't fall, doesn't stand up.
Platinum Member
Reaction score
I must say, I don't like the guy very much. But he showed up big time in that fight and showcase his diverse skills. Good for him.

So yes I was very impressed.

0_Ian-Garry.jpg

Guy seems pretty skilled but I wasn’t blown away by his performance. I’m definitely interested in seeing him face some higher level competition. He did well against the aging gatekeeper of the WW division but not finishing an extremely compromised opponent given that Neil was on one leg for about 13 minutes of that fight wasn’t the best look. The kid has skills though and is big… I’m nowhere near sold on his “best striking in WW history though” that’s a crazy ass claim at this juncture and gives me Till vibes.

With that said I find his antics and lack of honor while fighting an honorable vet like Magny pretty deplorable.

No he beat a journeyman that he was supposed to beat but the fact he couldn't finish Magny on 1 leg is very telling on Gary confidence on his skills and mindset.

Dude has zero killer instinct and is not a risk taker. He had Magny hopping on 1 leg and was still hesitant and never committed to his strikes. Threw pointless feints.. His shot placement on a guy who was a sitting duck was terrible. Shavkat would make him cry

I expected him to finish Magny. He’s not on the same level as Burns/Shavkat yet

It was about what I expected from that fight. Magny has lost a step in recent years. So it didn’t really impress me but didn’t “unimpress” me either.

I feel like anytime I watch Magny fight he’s getting his ass kicked. It was a good performance but I expected him to finish him. It seemed beyond the leg kicks most of his strikes weren’t that effective. I wasn’t impressed but I also wasn’t underwhelmed?

Magny is a tough SOB who has a shit ton of wins and a lot of them over some very good competition. Even when he loses, he makes it competitive.

I have no idea what you guys are watching. This was an absolutely impressive performance by Garry.

Then again, I don't really follow Garry and didn't watch any of the pressers. Didn't know he had a lot of people salty until after he beat Magny.

Yes and no, but ultimately no. He was sharp and didn't get punched, leg kicks on point, he looked really good but couldn't finish a one legged Magny who couldn't really offer much offense at that point.

Magny is a tough SOB who has a shit ton of wins and a lot of them over some very good competition. Even when he loses, he makes it competitive.

I have no idea what you guys are watching. This was an absolutely impressive performance by Garry.

Then again, I don't really follow Garry and didn't watch any of the pressers. Didn't know he had a lot of people salty until after he beat Magny.
He’s had a good career but has been absolutely dominated by Shavkat, Burns, and Garry relatively recently. He’s one of those guys that when he loses he loses really badly and it sticks out. I know I watched him beat Neal but don’t remember anything about it. He’s never made it over the hump going back to like the Lorenz Larkin fight.

If he was extremely talented he would've finished a guy who could barely stand for three rounds
It is a bad bad look that he could not finish a man who literally fought an entire round hopping on one foot.

And it is absolutely retarded that he thought he would look cool by flipping the bird rather than finishing. The phrase "read the room" comes to mind.

That said, he 30-24'd a ranked guy with like 30+ ufc fights and I believe the record for most WW wins.

Then he called out a 41 year old.

What an asshole.

Why not Garry / Shavkat since the title is backed up with Colby + Belal?

Back